Lick It to Make It Better (from Of Death and Blooms)

Jonquil stared at the door for a few seconds before knocking softly. She walked in after Yvonne said that it was unlocked. “Hi.” She closed the door behind her.
                                                                 
“Hi dear,” Yvonne said. “What happened to your keys?”
                                                                
“Nothing, they’re upstairs. I just didn’t want to walk in on him.”
                                                                 
“You wouldn’t have.” Yvonne shook her head. “‘Him’ hasn’t come out of his room since you two argued. Oh don’t get so pale,” Yvonne went on, “My Cedrus is just a little upset. You coming to see him will make everything better.”
         
“I don’t know. I was so mean to him.”
         
“You thought you had reasons,” Yvonne said. “I know you would never hurt my boy on purpose. Now go talk to him. And see if you can get him to eat something. He didn’t touch his breakfast or his lunch. I even made pineapple upside-down cake to lure him out of his cave, but it didn’t work. If you need me give me a ring. I’m off to visit with your sister.”
         
Jonquil didn’t say anything as she watched Yvonne walk out of the apartment. The huge knot in her throat held her words stillborn.

She grabbed a slice of cake, and forced herself to walk to Ced’s room. After she got to the door, panic smacked her in the face. She had practiced what to say to the man she loved, but her mind had gone completely blank. I should come back after he’s less pissed off, she thought.

Ced must’ve heard the shuffling outside his door, because he said, “I’m not hungry, Mom. I just want to be alone, if you don’t mind.”

Jonquil decided to walk away. But before she could turn around, Ced swung the door open and wrapped his arms around her, squeezing the pineapple upside-down cake between their bodies.

Without letting Jonquil go, Ced looked down at the mess. She knew how much her mistrust had hurt him, so she thanked the universe when she watched the pain flee the pale blue of his eyes.

“Hey,” he said.

“I have cake,” she said.

He moved back a little, and reached for the plate. A chunk of cake fell on his feet, but most of it stayed stuck to Jonquil’s midriff. “And you wear it well,” he said.
         
“Ced I—”
         
He stole the rest of her sentence with his lips.

She kissed him back, but continued trying to speak. “I’m—”

“You don’t have to say anything.” He continued kissing her. “That doesn’t matter anymore. But I haven’t touched you in two days.”

Jonquil pushed the apology to the back of her mind when Ced pulled her tube top and shorts down her hips, and picked her up. He laid her down on the bed they’ve shared so many times. She couldn’t stay quiet. “I’m sorry I told you to leave. I didn’t mean any of it. I know you’d never lie to me or cheat. I don’t know what got into me.”

“It’s okay, love.” Ced exhaled audibly. “If some guy I didn’t know left you a message on my phone, saying that he missed you and couldn’t wait to have you again, I would probably smash a few tea mugs against the wall. And the teapot too for good measure.” He shook his head from side to side when she tried to say something else. “Please, Jonquil, I’ve missed you.” Ced kissed her mouth, her neck, her shoulders, her breasts, and licked pineapple sauce off her skin.

Jonquil closed her eyes. “I’ve missed you, too.”
         
Ced returned to her lips. Jonquil tasted pineapple in his kisses. He reached for a condom, and took care of that business with one hand. His other hand cradled the back of Jonquil’s neck. She had been ready for him. When he trembled inside her, Jonquil knew that the same had been true for him.

Wrapping her legs around Ced’s waist, Jonquil pumped her hips to match his thrusts. The scream of her climax came fast. She wasn’t surprised. Her mind found satisfaction in his forgiveness, but her body had been craving physical absolution.

She watched his pupils dilate as her orgasm rode them both.

“Mine,” he said.

Jonquil welcomed the possessiveness and the wildness in his eyes. She wanted him to know that she was his as he was hers. She needed him to understand that she, too, was left feeling incomplete and dangerous when he wasn’t around. When the unspoken words brighten his face, she let her body go limp. He turned her over onto her stomach, seized her wrists with one hand, and loved her from behind.

Ced pulled Jonquil’s back closer to his chest. She whimpered when he pressed his face to her cheek, nibbled her earlobe, and inhaled her deeply. Jonquil turned her face towards her man, panting, “I love you,” into his mouth. His body tensed, right before he howled his pleasure into the back of his woman’s neck. 


I couldn’t find a source for this sexy image.
Let me know if it’s yours. I’ll credit you or remove it.
Thanks in advance, and read on!

40 comments:

  1. Love, love, love! This scene really paints a picture in my mind and pulls at my heart strings and other parts ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. (reaction to steam being interrupted by hungry 3yrold)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good read, but it's missing... something. Not sure what, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you figure out what's missing, do let me know. Scenes, by nature, are mildly incomplete as they formed part of something else. But if what's missing is something technical, I would love to find out!

      Delete
  4. MMmmmmm....steamy indeed. This leaves me hungering for pineapple upside down cake...or maybe Sarah Upside Down. Now where is that hubby of mine? "Honey! Oh honey...wake up!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw you doing a little dance and running down to wake up your hubby lol

      Delete
  5. WHOA, MAMA! :-) to be missed like that, wow......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your "WHOA, MAMA!" made me roar. No idea why. It must be the coffee. Ann yes, to be missed like that....

      Delete
  6. Wonderful little thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. steamy and real. But I sure wish he would have made more of a "to do" over the cake. But then I've always believe that you can have your cake and sex too. Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just because I LOVES lots, I'll say that although it looks like it's over, it isn't really over *wink, wink*

      Delete
  8. I think I agree with Diandra that it's missing something....needs whipped cream with the pineapple cake *nods head wisely* :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And wine. Yes, definitely wine. *assumes Yoda pose*

      Delete
  9. Now *that's* a cake, I'd like to take a bite out of. Rawr! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when you growl lol

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Feel free to eat it all up, luv!

      Delete
  11. Really realistic writing... i can quite figure things in my mind..especially after your another post...Spring is all around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, spring is bursting with love, isn't she?

      Delete
  12. W. O. W. That was quite the introduction...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I'm picturing your eyes open very wide...

      Delete
  13. Hmmmmm. Many lovely things, this excerpt does evoke.

    And when I'm done Yoda-izing, and missing my Dragon, I will share them... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought Yoda was very sexy lol

      "missing my Dragon"? Where is that lover of yours?

      Delete
  14. Love it! I told you the Licking was right =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Licking at the right time tends to have the desired effects. Tomorrow she shall read some Banishment ;-)

      Delete
  15. ~Hot stuff like you!!
    Thank you my love got all the warmth and support! By now i have stopped crying. Yeih me! I hope you had a great Beltane!
    Blessings of love and light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit (or a lot) of heat is good for the soul.

      I'm glad you are doing better ;-)

      Delete
  16. An excellent Beltaine offering!

    I like to think that I was watching Ash Buchanan and Willow MacGregor in Wickerman when you posted this. Ah, May... the lusty month. Long may it inspire us all ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope you weren't. I'm pretty sure I posted this REALLY early in the morning. It would be way to early for TV... although, it can never be too late or too early for Wickerman.

      Delete
  17. I love this. but I couldn't do this with Hubby and pineapple upside-down cake. He loves pineapple upsidedown cake and I'd just have to wait. Very nicely done . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness! Your husband makes me sound less like a pineapple upside down addict! I seriously don't know if anyone can hold my attention while there is cake to be had ;-D

      Delete
  18. Pineapple Upside-Down Cake and absolution - repentance is good for the tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yo, hot! And, yes, to be missed like that...mmmmm-mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete