While we were partying to the bone, Oma Linda, Cameron and I celebrated our birthdays, an acorn sprouted inside my house (more on that later)…, and some of my beloved Sirens burst into award giving song. Muchísimas gracias Sam, Vickie and Renee, from Chronicles of an Anthropology Nerd, Aoibheal’s Lair, and Confessions of a Modern Witch, respectively, for extending the honor of the Epically Awesome Award of Epic Awesomeness (Try saying that 13 times fast. I triple-cat dare you!). The Sirens told me I had to share some
not so random things
about me (me, me, me!), so here I go:
- When it comes to tools, my love for hammers can only be matched by my lust for firearms, hatchets and blades. So I was delighted when my darling Eliora sent me the most charming of all necklaces for my birthday. Its pendant includes an athame, a pentacle, a goddess symbol, and a wee bone.
- Also in time for my birthday, Anna, from Hindustanka’s Sunny Indian Days, surprised me with a bundle of warmth: a deliciously scented candle decorated with natural flowers, a crocheted star to illuminate my evenings, and a stunning bindi to adorn my sixth chakra.
- Just when my witchy heart started to think, This is too much! How did I get so lucky? Gina, my sister from the same Earth Mother and goddess of Daydream Believer, sent me Ms Wee Bone Dancer clad in a very special dress. You should hear the cackling of her happy bones ;-)
- In my heart, the value of a gift lies in the fact that someone was thinking about me at a specific moment and she or he wanted me to know how much. So I thank Eliora for making a piece of jewelry that compliments my witchy soul; Anna for the peace and the rays of Indian sunshine that will brighten my days for months; and my Gina, for the symbol that is Ms Wee Bone Dancer—when I look at her dress, I think, Six hours dancing!
- I joined The MFE’s Mind - Body - Soul 90 Day Challenge. It’s getting warmer, so I’ve started my yearly outdoors “Daily Thirteen: Marine Style Witchy Fitness” routine, and plan to stay on it until it gets cold again. Right now, anything in my body that even resembles a muscle is bitching, moaning and complaining. But that’s okay; I’ve always known that this hotness wasn’t free ;-)
- Ms Misantropia’s Whiter and Lighter - Spring Clean(s)ing kicked off on April 1st. I joined the Lighter side of the assignment. I want to lighten some of the chaos around the house (and in my folders) and tone things up. I started by editing and submitting short stories that had been in hiding for quite some time.
- I’ve never done a blog hop. There have been parties, assignments, challenges… but no hopping. Then I fell in scandalous love with May Monster Madness and planned for a 7-day hop. Those pink evil bunnies won’t know what trampled them *wicked, and mildly monstrous, grin*
So there you have it, 7 things about moi. Now let me nominate 4 people whose blogs I love stalking.
- Foxfire Musings – The reflections (and art) of this foxy mama have found their way to my heart. She was MIA some time ago, but she came out and partied to the bone. I’m hoping she continues the writing, making and sharing because I love to delight in her words and creations.
- Glitter Tart Designs – I’ve been enjoying Caroline’s eclectic blog for a few weeks. Seriously, she covers everything from art tutorials to book reviews and makes every bit fit deliciously well.
- Notes from the Underground – Speaking of love at first word, oh my dear storytelling gods! I’m in total lust with Ashtoreth’s writing; all of it—her poetry, her nonfiction, her fictional prose, her characters… There is something truly magical about this woman’s tales.
- The Barbed Pentacle – Sparrow describes her site as “A place to explore the grittier side of Wicca and Paganism.” Well, let me tell you that she means these words all the way. Her articles are bold, well-researched, and for adults… If you see her, tell her that I miss her sexy fiction.
- I believe that when we attach too many rules to something that is supposed to be fun (like getting and giving awards *cough, cough, cough*) the pleasures become tasks, which might explain why so many bloggers run screaming for the hills at the sight of an award nomination.
13. I know the rules for the Epically Awesome Award of Awesomeness dictate that I must do a lot more than what I’ve done here, but I’m rebellious to the bone! *grin; seriously, it’s sexy*
If you can make time (and love your bits as much as I love mine), do join The MFE’s Mind - Body - Soul 90 Day Challenge, Ms Misantropia’s Whiter and Lighter – Spring Clean(s)ing, and May Monster Madness. No joke, working out and getting in shape becomes a priority when fictional monsters are trying to crack your skull open and slurp your brains.
See? Told you! viaShare |
|Click on it. You know you want to.|