Epically Witchy (not so) Random Bits


While we were partying to the bone, Oma Linda, Cameron and I celebrated our birthdays, an acorn sprouted inside my house (more on that later)…, and some of my beloved Sirens burst into award giving song. Muchísimas gracias Sam, Vickie and Renee, from Chronicles of an Anthropology Nerd, Aoibheal’s Lair, and Confessions of a Modern Witch, respectively, for extending the honor of the Epically Awesome Award of Epic Awesomeness (Try saying that 13 times fast. I triple-cat dare you!)The Sirens told me I had to share some not so random things about me (me, me, me!), so here I go:

- When it comes to tools, my love for hammers can only be matched by my lust for firearms, hatchets and blades. So I was delighted when my darling Eliora sent me the most charming of all necklaces for my birthday. Its pendant includes an athame, a pentacle, a goddess symbol, and a wee bone.

- Also in time for my birthday, Anna, from Hindustanka’s Sunny Indian Days, surprised me with a bundle of warmth: a deliciously scented candle decorated with natural flowers, a crocheted star to illuminate my evenings, and a stunning bindi to adorn my sixth chakra.

- Just when my witchy heart started to think, This is too much! How did I get so lucky? Gina, my sister from the same Earth Mother and goddess of Daydream Believer, sent me Ms Wee Bone Dancer clad in a very special dress. You should hear the cackling of her happy bones ;-)

- In my heart, the value of a gift lies in the fact that someone was thinking about me at a specific moment and she or he wanted me to know how much. So I thank Eliora for making a piece of jewelry that compliments my witchy soul; Anna for the peace and the rays of Indian sunshine that will brighten my days for months; and my Gina, for the symbol that is Ms Wee Bone Dancer—when I look at her dress, I think, Six hours dancing! 

- I joined The MFE’s Mind - Body - Soul 90 Day Challenge. It’s getting warmer, so I’ve started my yearly outdoors “Daily Thirteen: Marine Style Witchy Fitness” routine, and plan to stay on it until it gets cold again. Right now, anything in my body that even resembles a muscle is bitching, moaning and complaining. But that’s okay; I’ve always known that this hotness wasn’t free ;-)

- Ms Misantropia’s Whiter and Lighter - Spring Clean(s)ing kicked off on April 1st. I joined the Lighter side of the assignment. I want to lighten some of the chaos around the house (and in my folders) and tone things up. I started by editing and submitting short stories that had been in hiding for quite some time.

- I’ve never done a blog hop. There have been parties, assignments, challenges… but no hopping. Then I fell in scandalous love with May Monster Madness and planned for a 7-day hop. Those pink evil bunnies won’t know what trampled them *wicked, and mildly monstrous, grin*

So there you have it, 7 things about moi. Now let me nominate 4 people whose blogs I love stalking. 
- Foxfire Musings The reflections (and art) of this foxy mama have found their way to my heart. She was MIA some time ago, but she came out and partied to the bone. I’m hoping she continues the writing, making and sharing because I love to delight in her words and creations.

- Glitter Tart Designs – I’ve been enjoying Caroline’s eclectic blog for a few weeks. Seriously, she covers everything from art tutorials to book reviews and makes every bit fit deliciously well.

- Notes from the Underground – Speaking of love at first word, oh my dear storytelling gods! I’m in total lust with Ashtoreth’s writing; all of it—her poetry, her nonfiction, her fictional prose, her characters… There is something truly magical about this woman’s tales.

- The Barbed Pentacle – Sparrow describes her site as “A place to explore the grittier side of Wicca and Paganism.” Well, let me tell you that she means these words all the way. Her articles are bold, well-researched, and for adults… If you see her, tell her that I miss her sexy fiction. 

- I believe that when we attach too many rules to something that is supposed to be fun (like getting and giving awards *cough, cough, cough*) the pleasures become tasks, which might explain why so many bloggers run screaming for the hills at the sight of an award nomination.

13. I know the rules for the Epically Awesome Award of Awesomeness dictate that I must do a lot more than what I’ve done here, but I’m rebellious to the bone! *grin; seriously, it’s sexy*
If you can make time (and love your bits as much as I love mine), do join The MFE’s Mind - Body - Soul 90 Day Challenge, Ms Misantropia’s Whiter and Lighter – Spring Clean(s)ing, and May Monster Madness. No joke, working out and getting in shape becomes a priority when fictional monsters are trying to crack your skull open and slurp your brains.
See? Told you! via
Click on it. You know you want to.

Share |

20 comments:

  1. Oh yea, I am the first to comment! Not surprising.
    You've got lovely gifts! That wee Bone dancer is just so cute, she has a proper make-up too :)Necklace is something I envy (you know, that white envy?) so much! It looks awesome! Also thanks for showing a gift from me (*blush*). I felt so good seeing the star and other things in your blog and realizing that it all came a long way from India!
    Take care and keep up your plans (fitness, writing and blogging too!).
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe those huge eyes and those sexy lips? lol She is precious, indeed. And so are my candle, my start and my first bindi EVER!

      Thanks so much ;-)

      Delete
  2. What wonderful gifts from some dear and caring friends. Love the dancer...she is delightful.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might have to take her out for a spin ;-)

      Delete
  3. So much blog love in your post today! Both received and given. I'm also looking forward to Monster Madness and have already prepared two posts :) See you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are way ahead of me. I think I've been basking in the love ;-)

      I've already selected my monsters, and will probably start putting something together this weekend. I have a feeling this will be a blast ;-)

      Delete
  4. I am so happy you like your necklace, Magaly. The charms I selected for it are perfect for you. You ARE "A Witchy Goddess - To the Bone"! Soak-up all the love your Birthday and these past weeks have brought to you - you deserve every bit of it, and more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "A Witchy Goddess - To the Bone"! I hope you know that I'm going to save that note forever. It isn't every day that a girl becomes a goddess ;-)

      Delete
  5. Such good friends you have, Magaly, who understand what you need at the moment. I laughed at your comment about blogger awards. I am one of the runners but I never knew why. Eek! Anyway congratulations, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I saw the dust you left behind lol

      Delete
  6. Happy belated birthday, Magaly! You are one biz biz bizzy gal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Now I feeling like bizzing ;-D

      Delete
  7. You are truly blessed my dear! What amazing presents you have received that are obviously from people that are very intuned to you and know you so well! What a better way to receive gifts than from the heart!

    I am so in love with that pendant with an athame, a pentacle, a goddess symbol, and a wee bone. If Eliora's talented self wants to ever sell any of her amazing talented pieces, I would love to know!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eliora is a magical soul and she loves sharing the goodness. I am lucky in so many ways ;-)

      Thanks so much for visiting!

      Delete
  8. What yummy birthday gifts!

    And inspiration. I peeked at your Daily Thirteen: Marine Style Witchy Fitness and will be starting to add them slowly to my day. I will consider my life a success if I can get the legion of 1st graders surrounding me weekly to all do Monkey F*ckers on the playground *wicked grin*.

    Thank you for stalking my blog! I will be accepting and posting (not running for the hills) before Saturday night. My poor Middle Beast is feeling the jitters of being the main male lead in To Kill a Mockingbird, and instead of seeing the play one night, am going to all three with a huge smile, hugs, and lots of Reiki energy working for him.

    Sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited about the family star! I bet everything will be just fine.

      Enjoy the workout. I was super sore and then some yesterday, but all is good now. I've been reading a lot, by the way. You might have to writer more, I'm about to be done and I have the feeling that I will beg for more ;-)

      Delete
  9. All your treasures are so beautiful, like you! I love them all! You made me laugh about the awards! Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like standing up, and singing, "I'm so pretty"! lol I'm glad I made you laugh ;-D

      Delete
  10. Magaly

    Oh thank you so much for the award! I have had company so I'm just now getting it and I so needed something special, what is it about company that sucks you dry???

    What great birthday goodies you received! You didnt' tell us it was your birthday, you should have worked that into your blog anniversary party. Or maybe mix them together next year.

    I agree with you about attaching too many rules but I will be doing this one, but in true Magaly, rebelious to the bone ;)

    Thanks again,
    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we feel so drained after entertaining because we do our best to make sure that they are having a good time. That can be overwhelming to anyone. I hope you get to relax a bit.

      Next year, I promise to write a loud birthday dance ;-D

      WoooHooo! on being rebellious to the bone, for it feels good deep in the soul!

      Delete