Altar in the Attic


A few posts ago, I told you that I had been so distracted while setting up my Spring Equinox altar that ended up bringing Midsummer out an entire season early. I left it like that—and will continue to do so, probably until Beltane. The sight of the Maiden and the Young God sharing space with the Mother and the Wild God makes me grin. Nature has a way of expressing her wants and needs through her own song, and I’ve been wondering if she’s singing: ‘I want to be ripe already, so this year I choose to flower in fruit!’
I like seeing Spring and Summer flourishing side by side ;-)

In “Gifts from the Wicked Faerie Queen,” I said that I would show you pictures of the wonderful Blessing Bell Bracelet and Organza Pentacle Necklace. Here they are:
Doesn’t the bracelet look like a loving dance between the seasons?
And the necklace looks right at home hugging one of my candle sticks.
Things will happen like they must and when they are supposed to. Some of you said that the accident of mixing Spring and Summer might not have been an accident at all, that perhaps Nature is just showing me glimpses of what’s to come. Well, I think you are right. I’ve been paying close attention to the way my body has been behaving lately: my flesh and bones are not enjoying the kind of exercises (running and running) that used to make me blossom during the times when the candles on my birthday cake told stories of fewer springs.

I’m starting to think that maybe, just maybe, Nature is whispering: ‘Witch, your seasons are moving forward. Your heart will always skip and sing in the sweet fields of Spring… But your hips are now undulating at the tune of Summer’s heat… Get ready, for soon your bones will want to shake merrily in Autumn’s colors… And eventually, your soul will slow dance into the wise waiting arms of Winter. When all your springs, and all your summers, and all your autumns greet the beginning of all your winters, you’ll be lovely, eclectic, and complete. You’ll be full of warmth, of life, of stories… If you wish for your soul to be strong enough to tell those tales, then be kind to your flesh and bones. Listen to the melody of their aches and experiences.’  

So, my Wicked Luvs, are you thinking what I’m thinking?
SLEEC Photos by Suzanne Cummings
Yep, I hope my bike-to-be has a big basket, because I’m putting tons of books in it ;-)
 “Books and Bikes” by Jennifer Allevato
Edited 3 minutes later after publication: Nature has the best sense of humor EVER. So here I am speaking about how I need to keep a schedule, and how things just happen for a reason, and boom! I hit ‘publish’ on a post that was supposed to go live tomorrow morning. Laugh, my Wicked Luvs, life is a hilarious Lady ;-D

Share |

24 comments:

  1. Mags - Nature's whispers to you wash over me with nostalgic sweetness. I love this posting, and you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall walk the steps you've walked and hope for a heart as full as yours along the way. You are loved right back, dear Eliora ;-)

      Delete
  2. It is most certainly your time to be seen as "mother" rather than "sister" to those 2 little witchlings in your thoughts. You have to slow down to enjoy watching them fly :D...and they will make you cry with excitement, just like your own flights have <3 XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm listening... I don't mind slowing down, enjoying the ripening of the world and myself. I'm hopeful about this time in my life, smiling a lot ;-)

      Delete
  3. "If you wish for your soul to be strong enough to tell those tales, then be kind to your flesh and bones. Listen to the melody of their aches and experiences."

    What beautiful wisdom you share with us.

    After reading your post, I would agree that this was a happy accident. Intuition, blood, and soul were whispering to your hands that its time to cross a new threshold. And summer's not too bad -- a little less running and a lot more samba. What's not to love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samba, Mambo, Bachata and everything that makes my hip shake and soul sing (without the devastating impact of smacking foot to ground)!

      Yep, I'm excited ;-)

      Delete
  4. I love how everything speaks to you Magaly - it speaks to me like that too - in happy accidents, and little hints here and there...

    I love the idea of the bike, and it just so happens that I have a book for your basket! You were one of the names drawn for a leather journal! Pop me a note with your mailing address and I'll get it out to you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nature is quite vocal. I think we hear Her because we are already listening ;-)

      Thanks so much for my new um... bike journal. I can't wait to start writing a new adventure ;-)

      Delete
  5. Magaly,
    I love your post. I am being so bad with alter. With all the packing for us to move across country I am just bad. But seeing yours put a smile on my face. I hope mine is beautiful like yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can stop by and visit all the time--smile a lot. Moving can be such a drag, I've done it enough to be really annoyed just thinking about it. I bet that once you settle down, your altar will be wonderful!

      Delete
  6. I love this post Magaly! Things just do happen for a reason and I have stopped trying to figure it out and just let things flow ;o) Your altar is beautiful and I love your special gifts ;o) Seeing my stones, put an extra smile in my heart ;o) Big Hugs and take care of yourself! I know today, my butt was soar from yard work! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You stones have been on my altar ever since I got them. They belong there; have become part of what expect and hold on to when I meditate. They remind me of you, and make me smile from ear to hear ;-)

      Can't wait to see the yard!

      Delete
  7. So beautiful, so positive, Magaly. I have a question for you which you may have answered in a post before I met you. Could you explain your lovely name? I have never heard it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life tastes so much better when we swallow it with a glass of happy, doesn't it?

      My name means daisy and pearl. I was named for the first, after my grandmother (Margarita, the word for daisy in Spanish). Pearl comes from the French side. Here is a short post about my name: http://pagan-culture.blogspot.com/2011/03/i-am-magaly-i-choose-to-be.html

      Delete
  8. So many good comments were left.. I do see that nature indeed tells us what to do and when..I started my exercising today, otherwise my body was kind of hibernated for so many days, I just wanted to sleep. Now I guess time to start moving >>> Moving along with life and its streams. I am glad your posts sound positive and content now :)
    I also have a question: where did you get all those figures for your altar?:) they look so bright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Nature will do as she pleases lol I hope your body got the sleep it wanted and how you are rested; ready to swim with life ;-)

      Every single piece composing my altar has been a present. I've had the Maiden for more than a decade, the Mother was a Mother's Day present from a couple of years ago, the Wild God was a present from a friend after I started dating the Piano Man, the Young God came from someone who I met via Pagan Culture, the wee lamp (incense burner) was a present from one of my favorite aunts, the stones came from Magic Love Crow (Stacy) and from a next door neighbor, the pink petals come from my little brother, and you know where the bracelet come from. I've always thought that altars are more powerful when they are formed by gifts ;-)

      Delete
  9. I loved hearing about the seasons of life and that's how I've always felt about it ~ a journey with each season to be cherished. We lose site of that sometimes but it's nice to bring our hearts back to place again.
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life will happen in her own time. Only silly people would even consider rushing her; I've always thought I'm pretty smart, so I'll just dance to her beat ;-)

      Delete
  10. Sometimes we can move through the seasons of life round and round many times in our lives before that final winter.

    If the old exercises don't work any longer, maybe it's time to find new ones that move to your new rhythm :) like, oh... bellydance! lol. you made a comment above about hips undulating and suddenly it just seemed overly fitting. The deep, slow, sensual melodies of summer heat, combined with the punctuation of the drum of a heartbeat... I had a friend when I lived in FL (who I'm blessed to actually still be in touch with via FB) who I went to school with. I was only in classes with her for about 3 mo. before she had to leave suddenly for a family emergency in the north-ish-something-area, but she and I just clicked. And then we started really talking again the other day... anyways! My point is, she's a Goddess dance instructor in FL, so your post made me think of her and the tribal Goddess bellydance spirituality. There is something so moving (no pun intended) in tribal dance. Deeply feminine, with a sort of blending of Maiden and Mother. Hmm. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dance is a magnificent exercise. I've always favored Latin rhythms (Merengue and Bachata, mostly), but I was talking to my friend Rommy and her love for belly dancing has made me curious. I think I'll give it a go, or several... :-)

      Delete
    2. You can bellydance to Latin rhythms. *grins*

      Delete
    3. I can see that... Hm, I think I already do lol

      Delete
  11. Lovely altar. You know, I think mine sometimes tells me how to set it up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most witchy things are very vocal that way lol

      Delete