Gifts from the Wicked Faerie Queen…


Actually, this post is about gifts I’ve received from several people these last few weeks, but I love writing Wicked Faery Queen so much that I had to make it my title ;-) Many of the gifts have been of the abstract persuasion: love, support, light, healing, reassurance from friends and family. I’m a lucky Witch, aren’t I? Some of the goodies I can touch, wear, and delight in. Yep, lucky witchy writer woman, indeed.
This gift (or something like it) I want to get for my much loved witchy self (I already have the skeletons, I might dress them up for Witches in Fiction 2013... to the Bone. They will not be as amazing as these ladies, but I will love them anyway): those who choose to be intellectually blind, deaf, and mute “see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.” Everyone else knows that in order to be part of any world, a person must look, listen, and speak up.

Organza Pentacle Necklace and a Blessing Bell Bracelet – The crafty pair, brought to life by the Wicked Faerie Queen, have become part of my home. The necklace I got (the brown) looks like a touch of autumn, and it goes awesomely with my candlesticks. The bracelet’s colors made me think of spring and summer, so they ended up on my altar. I promise to show you as soon as I share my Spring~Summer altar ;-)

Unintentional Art – I won this bit of beauty made color a few months back. I love, love, love Gina’s art, so you know I bloom with smiles every time I see it. My beloved Daydream Believer has always known how to bring sparkles, colors, and sunshine into my life. Gracias!  

Whiter and Lighter for Spring with Ms Misantropia – No, Ms Misantropia and I will not go all Michael Jackson and start bleaching our skins for the spring. The “Whiter” part of the event has to do with Ms Misantropia replacing Coca-Cola and red wine with water, in order to claim healthier eating habits. I haven’t had more than 1-3 sodas a year ever since I spent more than twelve hours in the labor of passing two kidney stones when I was a teenager. So I’m joining the “Lighter” group. I will dance for my little brother (a big boy who used to be as light as a spring breeze on his feet). I’ll tell you more about it soon…  

Slabtown Francie, the deliciously clever author of a North End Journal, invited a bunch of her friends to write about “scandals, memories and tales from Merritton, Ontario, Canada.” The blog is rather new, but rapidly filling with richness. I love the tone of the narrative. Francie is the historian we all wished we had in high school—knowledgeable, hilarious, and living in the now. If you have a chance, treat yourself to the delight of her words.

Rocking My New T-Shirt – I danced through Rock ‘n’ Roll Is Undead by Rose Pressey; I have the t-shirt to prove it. Now, I’m reading Forever Charmed and getting enchanted by the tale. Fly over to Rose’s website before March 30th, to read more about her books and to enter her iPad mini giveaway. Yum ;-)


Share |

24 comments:

  1. ...and you are the lightening in the storm and the sunshine in my morning precious Magaly :D You fill me with energy and a desire for life I had forgotten for a while. Dance on little sister, and brighten the world with your smile :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dancing, my Gina. No, seriously, I'm all sweaty and everything ;-)

      Delete
  2. Haha, Michael Jackson... He just seems to pop up everywhere, doesn't he?
    Thanks for the link back and promo! My usual one-soda-a-day seems INCREDIBLY unhealthy compared to you, and - kidney stones as a teenager?!
    Whiter and Lighter during April is looking better and better for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just thinking about that day makes me cringe. My dad was in tears the entire time. I was just wailing like a banshee and promising to kick in the face of the next doctor who got near me speaking about catheters. Thank goodness they knew I was in pain, and didn't mean it... well, most of it ;-)

      Delete
  3. So glad they arrived Magaly. Happy you like them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they put a smile on my face. I can't wait to show you how wonderful the bracelet looks on my altar. And I've been using the bells for cleansing rituals. And the necklace gives my candle stick the sweetest of looks. Just wait 'till you see ;-)

      Delete
  4. Oh I love the sea no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil image...what a great way to start a fun post. You got spoiled :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those ladies precious? And yes, I've been getting spoiled a bit ;-)

      Delete
  5. Ooooh I love Wicked Faerie Queen's pentacle necklaces and now dying to see the bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will show it soon. There are two bracelets in one (greenish and brownish), which is why they made me think of the combined seasons. The Wicked Faerie Queen can make magical things ;-)

      Delete
  6. Lucky witchy writer woman indeed! Those Wicked Faerie Queen (oooh it IS fun to write!) pentacles are luscious. You are just partying your little behind off in Blogville! I look forward to devouring your upcoming party posts; they sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See? Told you! There is something fun that happens every time one writes Wicked Faerie Queen ;-)

      Delete
  7. Love the painting you won...beautiful
    Hugging you
    SUeAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina is quite gifted, isn't she? I want to be just like her when I grow up ;-)

      Delete
  8. Damn woman, you are one lucky gal! Love all the fabulous wins and gifts and I see you've been as busy as every (glad to hear it♥♥). So just out of curiosity ~ did you ever receive that little gift I made and sent your way or was it lost in a myriad of life's changes?? I believe things have a way of working out as they should so no worries on my end ~ just hoping it managed to find it's way to you, to brighten a few moments in each day. *smile*
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surrounded by wonderful people, aren't I?

      My gift from you is in transit. I've moved three times since you mailed it, but it hasn't gotten lost. It might reach me this week. I can't wait to listen to it and hear its traveling stories ;-)

      I know it will make me smile...

      Delete
  9. First, let me say I love those skeletons (too cute) and know I will love yours as much or probably even more. Now, OMG!!! You really have been showered with love lately, and who more deserving than the most amazing wicked witch there ever was. Congratulations on everything, my beautiful friend. Mina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can't wait to dress up my skeletons, then :-)

      Delete
  10. I love Gina's art! So much feeling in it! I love your necklace and I can't wait to see your bracelet ;o) The skeletons are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When an artist says that the work of another contains "So much feeling..." it sounds like a song I can dance to forever. Sing on, my beloved Stacy ;-)

      Delete
  11. So cool. Great gifts, thanks for sharing them with us.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete