Santa’s Ninja Elves


You already know that I have the sense of humor of an eight-year-old boy high on sugar. So yes, I picked this short story collection—a Smashword freebie—because the title made me roar. Then I read it, and was surprised in the best of ways. Santa’s Ninja Elves is seriously funny. I enjoyed Lizzy Ford’s quirky, sweet and mildly broody characters. Her elves are assassins, Mrs. Claus used to be a fortune teller in a past life, and the ninjas get to blow things up with cinna-bombs. The holiday fierce is on, my Wicked Luvs, and it’s sugar-loaded to the pointy ears. 

Speaking of funny labels… Smell My Nuts, a 13 oz Mason jar candle, left me choking on hysterical laughter. Oh, and the same company also makes Hot Buns and Nice Melons!
And I shared this one on Facebook, but in case you don’t swing that way, here is Grumpy Cat refusing to be fingered by an old guy in a pink dress ;-)

If you have a chance, go ahead and download Santa’s Ninja Elves. It’s free and totally funny.


Share |

21 comments:

  1. Thanks, Magaly, I was longing for some cheer to come, will read this book :) Merry Xmas!:)
    Love " cat refusing to be fingered", hehe:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Xmas right back at you. I hope you get to Skype (or have long conversations) with your family.

      Grumpy Cat has standards lol

      Delete
  2. Nikita on a sugar rush lol...can hear you giggling still :D Have a joyous Yuletide, and may you sun shine ever brighter through 2013 :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am giggling, indeed. I can't help it. Grumpy Cat is such a riot.

      May your Yuletide and year be as bright as your witchy heart, my Gina Luv.

      Delete

  3. Thanks hun...sounds like a delightful read.
    Hugging you
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you read it. I want to see how you like it.
      Hugs right back at you ;-)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the great Grumpy Cat toon! Who else would say F off to Jehovah himself, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grumpy Cat is having none of it. He refuses to be intimidated into an eternal happiness of pink, oblivion and no chance at being grumpy by choice ;-)

      Delete
  5. LOL! My husband loves that candle scent (Smell My Nuts). We first saw it last year at a fall festival in our area and their candles really do smell wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that Smell My Nuts is a hit with the guys, for Jacob loves it too. Now I'm curious about Hot Buns and Nice Melons!

      Delete
  6. Magaly, I am smiling and laughing my head off! Thanks for the Grumpy cartoon and I love the candle scents!!! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a marvel, aren't they? They've been making me laugh, too ;-)

      Delete
  7. Happy Day after yesterday! The sun came up! We'll all survive at least one more year.

    Glad you're along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup, love me some Grumpy Kitty. And thanks for the heads up, just downloaded Santa's Ninja Elves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you like Santa's Ninja Elves. I found it short, sweet and hilarious ;-)

      Delete
    2. I started reading it to the family during our very LONG drive to Chicago. CW loved it, but it started getting to adult. lol It maybe young adult, but poor kid is only 6. He's been bugging me ever since to start reading it again. lol I did enjoy what I read so far, though.

      Delete
  9. We saw that candle in a craft fair and were snickering to eachother while Maggie kept asking, "What?" Haha! I just didn't want to explain the humor of that one yet :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just imagine, poor Maggie lol.

      Delete
  10. haha!! 'smell my nuts' caught my eye and then i couldn't even read the rest through teary eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something wicked that happens to the mind when it's presented with 'smell my nuts' lol

      Delete