Spelling Brightness

Five times has the earth danced around the sun,
since my Witch and I began to run and hide
and deceive men with realities their caprice turns into fiction.
She charms the world for me.
I’ve watched. I’ve beamed. I’ve waited while the full moon
kissed my Witch’s curls with the silvery wisdom of many seasons.

Now, she chants over a red cast iron pot boiling on the stove…

“Amaranth and Wolf’s Bane, cloak her behind your veil;
Dragon’s Blood and Frankincense, keep her from ill intent.
I exchange Nature, blood, sweat, and love for an eternal Hallowe’en.”
When the last drop of her blood hits the brew, my Witch placed a still
bleeding hand on one of my eight legs, and said, “It didn’t work.”

“But it did,” I tell her, and press my forehead to hers. “I shine through your eyes, feel perfect on your skin; you’ve spelled eternal brightness into my ancient gloom. 


Belle du Freak, Part 1 of 3
Carving Flesh Tales, Part 2 of 3 
via Artflakes
This uncanny heart made me think of a spiderweb 

18 comments:

  1. Contentment brought about in the knowledge that someone truly cares :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world seems so different when someone loves, care, and takes action, doesn't it?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Glad you do. I kind of like it, too ;-)

      Delete
  3. Chill bumps. This reminds me of your post about Dee. Beautiful, Magaly, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing after rereading it. They seem so loving and close ;-)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, my dear crow goddess ;-)

      Delete
  5. In love with this character! Bring it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for you to meet the others! January, go ahead a paddle quickly...

      Delete
  6. This is like a song wave... Well if there is such a thing as a word song wave, this washed over me and it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it didn't exist before, then it does now. I can definitely hear the way and see the song. ;-)

      Delete