Carving Flesh Tales

Four hundred and ninety-five full moons
screaming tales of the blood whipped out of my back;
erasing—no, blotting—my yesterdays with unheard shrieks.
Until the Witch took my agony tree and slammed it whole
on Torment’s skull. Even deaf ears felt her crushing wrath.

After sizzling my Witch’s skin with lies,
Torment comes back to haunt me. I never fought for me,
but for my Witch… I ran my tongue over newly sharpened teeth.

“You’ll scream for coin,” I hear him hiss, “for gold, for silver, for me.”

My Witch’s magic was burned. Her skin is not spider-thick,
the flames ate right through, leaving her bare woman and soul sick.

Torment howls curses, whacks our door with man-laws and of God screams, “You’ll tell the tales I tell you to tell. You’ll kiss my man feet, my pockets fill. You’ll be nothing, if I tell you to be. You’ll spin stories with fear, with tears. You’ll plea for the mercy mirage. You’ll be meek and mine, if you want to feed.

Before my Witch, his words would be truth that all could see and poke with a stick. I’m a free spider now, a freer woman. I will tell him stories, “Oh yes! I will.” I will strip the parchment from his bones; carve tales on flesh with my teeth. I’ll tell my tale until his heart bleeds at my feet.

Belle du Freak, Part 1 of 3
Spelling Brightness, Part 3 of 3
“The Hunger” by SunshineShelle
***
Magpie Tales 138: Sick Woman, 1665, by Jan Steen

33 comments:

  1. wow!! this is a-maz-ing!..you sure do tell the tale...loved it.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you liked it, Kay. It was fun to write. I'm kind of excited about writing the third and final part ;-)

      Delete
  2. I've read it three times now.. love is not accurately descriptive.
    You totally rock, Mags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. So do I, so we can dance to it together and watch as she writes her bloody tales ;-)

      Delete
  4. You are very talented. :) Love reading your stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stevie, that's very kind of you. I love sharing, so I guess we'll be happy for a while ;-)

      Delete
  5. Wow, words cannot describe how much I love this! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take screams of delight, caramel with chocolate, hugs and other kinds of appreciation ;-)

      Delete
  6. my yesterdays with unheard shrieks.
    Until the Witch took my agony tree and slammed it whole
    on Torment’s skull. Even deaf ears felt her crushing wrath

    dang this is wicked and intense...some wonderful lines too...never fought for myself but for my witch....wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You picked the first line that came to my mind. The first thing I typed was "the Witch took my agony tree and slammed it whole
      on Torment’s skull." Then I went back a wrote a bit more ;-)

      Delete
  7. I know she will rip him to the pieces of nothing if he dare not listen too! Again you have interwoven such deep emotions that plunge deeply into the soul...nice read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling you are right. Some people just have it coming, and the world is full of individuals ready to give it to them ;-)

      Delete
  8. Yikes......your writing had me gripped and as I scrolled down the pic just about freaked me out...haha... what a write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did it grip you by a calf as you ran up from a dark basement? I'm in a scary movie state of mind this morning...

      Shelle's art tends to provoke organic responses. It is one of the reasons I love it so much ;-)

      Delete
  9. This just coils up and strikes me...
    What a howl of a read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "a howl of a read!" I LOVE that phrase. I think it describes what I felt writing it, too.

      Thanks a million, Rene ;-)

      Delete
  10. MMmmmmm, strangely satisfying... now of to bed & to dream...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A girl needs to get her bite on. You know I've always been fascinated with this hungry lady of yours. There is something about her empty eyes and sharp teeth that stays with you after you turn off the lights ;-)

      My Shelle is back!

      Delete
  11. Perfect timing as we approach the witching season!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Witching season indeed. And cider season, and cinnamon season, and candied apples season, and chocolate season... yum ;-)

      Delete
  12. Exciting write! I love it! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad a bit of good old fashion love and violence spiced up with a little justice got you all excited ;-)

      Delete
  13. Wowzers!!!!! Love the raw meat in this piece :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leave it to my Gina to bite into the flesh of the business ;-)

      Delete
  14. Wow Magaly! This is amazing!!!! Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My Witch’s magic was burn. Her skin is not spider-thick,
    the flames ate right through, leaving her bare woman and soul sick.

    This aptly describes the picture. You took it out accurately. Your writing is real good, Magaly!


    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hank. It makes me happy to know that you found the sick woman in my words ;-)

      Delete
  16. OMG! I cannot believe I missed this. "Man-laws and god screams"!!!!!!!! Patriarchy served up with teeth and blood. I love this more than I can even begin to tell you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all grins and wicked smiles.

      Delete