“Preternatural Chaos” – The Last Installment of The Haunting


Multifarious Day 10 Chaotic Spunk1

Pre-Chaos – “Preternatural Chaos” the final installment in Luna’s and Leo’s story has been out since August 31st. For some reason, Blogger didn’t send the update to your readers or your blog lists. So, I figured that I would let you know here: the end of The Haunting: a Webserial of Pre-Chaos is available for your reading pleasure. And I do mean the bit about pleasure.

If you follow the monthly updates of my website, you probably already know what will happen next. If you do not subscribe to my writer’s site, do fly by to see why After The Haunting Comes “the waiting, the slashing, the killing, the burying, the unearthing, the reviving, the twisting, the remaking…” 

This Week at My Naughty Bits Blog – Inspired and Twisted in the woods, plus a little girl in a pretty dress and two death masks. I’ve been looking at “all kinds of witchy things, ancestral things, in-between things…” and bones, of course. Painted bones that is, particularly in the case of Niña con Máscara de Muerte. Are you in an All Hallow’s Eve state of mind yet?

While on the Naughty Bits subject, I should ask about “Content Warning.” Do you run for the hills after you read Blogger’s adult content advisory? Some visitors of Naughty Bits have said things like, “l almost didn’t click…” and “I thought this was going to be nasty, but…” and “I’m glad I ignored the warning because…” Perhaps I should limit what I post on my secondary blog to things that are truly sexual, dark and gory (which wouldn’t be all that much), and leave the rest of the wicked goodness here. What do you think, my Luvs?

Spooky Words, Ghosts, and Gourds – The Autumn 2012 issue of Pagan Living is out and glowing with articles that scream of Halloween. My contribution appears on pages 30 and 31, and in it, I share some “Grim, Enchanting, Dark and Gory” facts about fairy tales. The magazine is full of fun for the fall: Vanessa shows us how to make the cutest little ghosts, Rue tells the world why I’m so freaking jealous of her garden, Mina speaks about the art and magic of gourd crafting, Oma Linda honors tradition with an amazing post about the “Day of the Ancestors,” and there is so much more…
I had to show you these corn dolly beauties created by the gifted Rowan 

Carnivals, Witchy Shoes, and Moonlight Partying – I’m excited times three about setting up an uncanny night carnival, turning an ordinary shoe into something witchy, and about introducing you to one of my favorite characters in Gabriel García Márquez’s “A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings”. I plan to do all three via Le Mysterieux Carnival, Autumn Altered Witch Shoe Challenge, and Moonlight Party under the Big Top, respectively. Click on the buttons, join the parties, and let’s have some wicked fun ;-)
  

Hm, I feel refreshed and spunky; eclectically chaotic posts can be rather therapeutic. That takes me to the Words of the Week (Webster’s Unabridged Dictionary, 1861):

1. Spunkn. [Probably from punk.] Touchwood; wood that readily takes fire. Hence, 2. Vulgarity, an inflammable temper; spirit; as a man of spunk. Wow! That’s, um… rich.

2. Chaosn. That confusion, or confused mass, in which mater is supposed to have existed, before it was separated into its different kinds, and reduced to order by the creating power of God… 

Note: Dictionary.com defines “Spunky” as “plucky; spirited.” And they removed “God” from the definition of chaos. Unless discussing the Greek God, Chaos, the mighty spunky Chthonic deity who finds bliss and beauty in mayhem.

After those definitions, I feel the need to go from Multifarious Day to Chaotic Spunk.

Share |

14 comments:

  1. MG, I already was excited and in a Halloween frame of mind, but this kicked my ass into high gear! Thank you! Are you kidding me? People really "almost didn't click" because of an "adult content advisory"? I wouldn't be able to find my left mouse button quick enough! Bring on the adult content, woman! We are no Protestants! We are Pagans/Witches. We revel in "adult content"...well, I do anyway.
    I do SO wish I could get Pagan Living down here in Palm Tree Land. Alas, I'm not altogether sure I wouldn't be spoken to officially if the local population saw me being openly "witchy". I don't hide, but I don't scream from the rooftops either. I am VERY tempted to participate in the Witchy Shoe Challenge. I've never done anything like that, but life is too short for me to keep saying..."I sure WOULD LIKE to do that." and then chickening out. Thank you for inspiring Courage to come out of her cave once again, MG. Write more Naughty Bits! Be graphic! Lighten up folks and embrace your naughty, sexual, natures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're actually in luck... Pagan Living is a free online magazine! All you have to do is click on the cover here in Magaly's post and it will take you right to it!

      Delete
    2. I wish Blogger adult advisory for individual posts, or something that could be customized. As it is, it doesn't help much. I think people are not sure what to expect, so they just run. *sigh*

      I guess Tanae already told you that Pagan Living is an online magazine. Enjoy!

      Delete
    3. Haha - I did kind of just jump in there! I always keep an eye out for when you lovely bloggers talk about the magazine because so often its misunderstood that the mag is FREE. Makes me sad - you know I want as many people as possible to get as much as possible out of it!

      Delete
    4. That's what Pagan Culture is all about! I love when conversations are started while I sleep, and I get to some and read and enjoy.

      Delete
    5. I totally agree! I love to hear what people think about it. I confess I have considered starting a forum for that very reason so that all the fabulous, domestic-y witches out there have a place to HAVE conversations, (not just about the magazine obviously.) You know me, overambitious... *ahem*

      Delete
  2. You'll get a kick out of this, Magaly -- Remember when I tried to download the Kindle app to my old desk computer from Amazon in order to download AlmaMia Cienfuegos and it got all screwed up and didn't download? Well, I just bought an iPad and yesterday I downloaded the Kindle app on it. And all by itself, by MAGICK, the first book it downloaded without being requested to, was AlmaMia Cienfuegos! Clearly, Amazon remembers all and forgets nothing, no matter how much time passes, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are always watching. Kind of a little freaky, huh? I'm always suspicious of the way they always send me lists of "the books I want." They don't always get it right, but sometimes they do. Sneaky...

      Delete
  3. I'm totally in an autumn/Halloween frame of mind this year. Some things are in the blood. I'll get to reading that last installment here in just a bit. Things have been rather glum around here the last 24 hrs.

    Pagan Living looks like a great magazine!

    Old witches die hard. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true. Your are always in a deliciously creepy state of mind. Okay, so not really, but the movies you watch, the games you play... you should be the Queen of October ;-)

      I hope you check out Pagan Living.

      Delete
    2. My husband would argue that I was. I would disagree, especially in the last decade with the diminishing spirit of Halloween. However, this year, I seem to be more in tune than I was even last year. Already planning all kinds of harvest food and, I dunno something clicked this year that hasn't in the years I've been in the Bible Belt.

      I checked out that magazine, I'm hooked! Excellent work everyone who was involved in that!

      Delete
    3. I am very glad to hear that. I can't wait to see the cool and creepy movies you will share, and everything else ;-)

      Delete
  4. So much fun to look forward to! Thanks for the updates! Halloween is my most favorite time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went for a run today, and my gods! all the pretty colors and berries. Mother Nature is having a lot of pre-Halloween fun ;-)

      Delete