Ladies of Light, Ladies of Darkness, and Ladies of Never-You-Mind


Chaotic Spunk2

Last Week at Naughty Bits – I felt “Inspired and Twisted” on Wednesday and taken by Dali’s Venus… and Dave’s “Satellite,” um… yesterday afternoon. I’ve been having a lot of fun with poetry. Not only that, but I’ve been using that literary form to evoke feelings which are necessary for the enrichment of my prose. I’m enjoying the results, and hoping you’ll feel the same.

Blueberry Girl – My name is Magaly Guerrero, and I’m addicted (beyond hope or want for a cure) to Neil Gaiman’s words. How can I NOT love a writer who invites light, darkness, and anything else imaginable to remind us that “we are only as big as our dreams”? 

I can’t get enough of this short video, or of Gaiman’s wise tongue. Yes, I love his voice, too. 
 

Sun-Drunk Muse – Pagan Culture is full of sun-drunk dancing muses these days. My ego is so inflated that my superego is not big enough—or suicidal—to try to tell it to calm down. Well, I’m an Aries. What can anyone expect when Natasha says my blog is “inspiring… and alive and full of energy,” Kourtney tells everyone that I can “morph words into worlds,” and Witchy J, Vickie, and Amanda are filling me with sunshine? 

And in case that wasn’t enough, Kallan made me cry with these words: “Not only is [Magaly] an amazing fiction writer, but she exudes what I believe is a phenomenal example of what being a witch is all about. Things like personal responsibility, living out loud, loving completely and experiencing genuinely… she is who she is, and I worship her for it.”

Thank you, my witchy Luvs. The fact that you thought of me, and took the time to tell me and others about it, means the world to my witchy heart. I will answer one question/share a fact for each award:
1. Random Fact:
I’ve been falling in loving lust with poetry and photography. I think the threesome will last.
2. Random Fact:
The Little Princess and I witnessed a cow’s eye dissection. It was gory. I have pictures!
3. Who is your favorite philosopher?
I admire most (if not all) of Carl Gustav Jung’s theories and philosophies. I will elaborate soon.
4. What is your favorite physical activity?  
Sex. And if you are a Freudian, don’t even think about psychoanalyzing my ways. Or I might have to kick and slap your subconscious until I can crack some sense into it. My 2nd favorite activity is mentally-beating up nincompoops *growls and grins, showing teeth* Analyze that!
5.  Kallan didn’t ask anything, but 
…knowing that through my words she can “laugh, cry, cringe, ponder, and live the emotions of each of [my] characters” feeds my witchy writer’s soul. Thank you, my dear friend. 
 

I will spread the award goodness after October. Reading Kallan’s nomination post filled my heart with the need to do something different with awards. I don’t want to just give them out. I’m not sure exactly what I will do yet, but I will make it extra special. 

And the Words of the Week, as defined by the Wickedest Witch of Them All:

Egothe little voice that tells very good looking narcissists that they are better than everyone else. It often speaks to schizophrenics, and to writers, too. It stays busy pretending to be divine.

Superegothe ego’s Wiccan cousin. Who do you think came up with the “harm none, do what ye will” bit? It tends to dress up a lot and chant spells in perfect iambic pentameter.

Witcha person alive in flesh and spirit, who appreciates light, darkness, and what lies in-between. Some—um, me—love knowledge, babies, old people, trees, animals, dirt, sex, dancing, sex while dancing (multitasking is divine). We love to cackle until our bones marrow morph into mirth, and how we love candy, veggies, music, books, and El Dia de los Muertos, Halloween, Samhain, All Hallow’s Eve… Yes, we have many names for the same thing, too ;-) By the way, I was going to share my ancient dictionary’s definition of the word witch, but my laptop began to gag.
Am I the only one wondering why their hair is not on fire? We’ll know magic is hot and flammable.
***
If you are the artistic soul who painted these dancing beauties, please let me know and I will credit you.
Share |

33 comments:

  1. I enjoy your journeys here!! They take me on wild and wonderful rides. Congrats on your newest awards.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ride on, then. I'm happy you enjoy your visits, for it is your pleasure to have you here. Particularly when you are feeling wild ;-)

      Delete
  2. Perfect blog post.. I <3 you, so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy to come up with great things to say/to share when one is surrounded by such great friends. I luvs you right back ;-)

      Delete
  3. The Blueberry Girl video is so cool! Love it! Hey, be sure to pop by my blog tomorrow -- I'm featuring a video by Neil Gaiman's wife!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Amanda Palmer! Smart, beautiful, multi-talented, brave... what's not to love? I will be there to enjoy your offering ;-)

      Delete
  4. Love your blog..Read it every chance I get. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am completely addicted to Neil Gaiman. Blueberry girl is so great! :)

    I loved this blog post, but spying the label "Witches Dancing Naked without Getting Their Hair on Fire", made me cackle out loud. I hope you keep track of how many visits you get based on that one... Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought Blueberry Girl last week, and can't wait until it gets here. I shall give it a test-drive, um... read, before giving it to the Little Princess for All Hallow's Eve. I love the art, the words, everything. Talking about the art, the colors remind me a lot of your work ;-)

      And you know what? I didn't think about the naked bit. I just thought it was funny. But now that you mention it, I will give a look. That shall be interesting...

      Delete
  6. Blueberry Girl! I felt myself growing more and more still and the video wove its spell. So much power is such a short time. thnanks for posting Magally and Oh my Goodness and Badness all rolled up in one - those women wrote such wonderful words about you!! Happy! happy! Happy! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered the book and it should be here tomorrow. I can't wait to read the whole thing. Have you read any other of Neil Gaiman's books? They are fantastic. I have read all his prose. Now, I will start working on the comics ;-)

      Thanks for the kind word, my dear!

      Delete
  7. You deserve many awards, my dear witchy friend! My kids and I are all enthralled by Neil Gaiman's words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, gracias! It is impossible not to love Neil Gaiman's voice, the man has soul and a huge brain ;-)

      Delete
  8. "chants spells in perfect iambic pentameter" lol I love it! I also love that you're having an affair with poetry. It's so seductive and tickles all the right spots. I had an affair with fiction writing and my Poetessa got pissy about it. We're working on mending our relationship now lol. I think I need to bribe her or something to come back home.

    Your face should definitely be under the definition of Witch. You are definitely an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope you Poetessa kiss and make up. I'm sure she just wants to hear a few well thought out words. She wants to know that you still love her, and that your heart beats when you think of her. You know how it is when it comes to passions, they are needy ;-)

      A witchy inspiration. Go me!

      Delete
  9. Awesome, what great awards =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks for adding to the lot ;-)

      Delete
    2. Glad that I wasn't the only one who thought you deserved a Sunshine Award =}

      Delete
    3. I'm very happy about the amount of sunshine ;-)

      Delete
  10. Another delicious post full of wonderful treats! I love Neil Gaiman too - but I have not read nearly enough of his work. I am filling my Yule wish-list with his books!

    I agree with Kallan's pick wholeheartedly. You are a divine witch!

    And sex...well, of course! Any good witch knows how wickedly good it is for you, body, heart and soul. Even Dr. Oz says so! *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting! You get to enjoy them all for the first time. Do let me know how you feel about the new reads. I just reread The Graveyard Book and will likely re-love American Gods next.

      Kallan is a very intelligent, Witch lol

      And I'm pretty sure most people feel the same about sex. I mean, really, it's really, really, really good... for you *giggles, too*

      Delete
  11. I don't think Freud would know what to do with you. He like taking people's issues and blaming them on some sort of sexual repression. I think we can all agree you aren't repressed in any way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure poor Freud would shoot himself and fall to the floor unconscious *grin* I should probably kick him on the head, so he'll see that I don't repress the violence either lol

      Delete
  12. So many delightful topics covered here but I'll respond to a heartfelt congrats on the awards; immensely deserved and I L♥Ved the definition of "Witch" ~ you see, I knew that title always fit me (although I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the sex while dancing part. *wink*).
    Have a wonderful week!
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. What Kallan and everyone else said meant a lot to me. And you don't need to dance during, it can be after lol

      Delete
  13. Congrats Magaly! I agree with all the praise; you are awesome!

    Loved this post, as well as the Blueberry Girl vid; what a great blessing for little girls everywhere, and the illustrations are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered Blueberry Girl and I'm supposed to get it today. I'm really excited to read the rest. I'll review it. You are right, the book is a blessing ;-)

      Delete
  14. I think you nailed the definition of a Witch! Great post my lovely Magaly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WoooHooo! I always wanted to nail something ;-D

      Delete
  15. Congrats, Beautiful Witch (in all sense of the word :D)
    A little recognition from time to time is good for all the parts of our pysche....heehee!

    I wish I did paint those gorgeous moonclad girls dancing....love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Even if we know we aren't half-bad, it is good to hear that other people think so, too.

      You should paint some moonclad dancing faeries ;-)

      Delete
  16. Boobies make me giggle....I've only painted a bare chested girl once...she was a mermaid.....and I felt so "grown up" when I did....haha!

    I was 30!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do you think they are called fun-bags? Boobies will always make me giggle, I'm 35. I guess I will never grow up ;-)

      Delete