Inspired and Twisted

Are you in love? I hope so. For if you happen not to be, what I’m going to say about my Piano Man might sound like bragging. But it isn’t hubris, just pure joy: I’m in love, in lust, in luck with the most amazing person in the world.

His wits curl my lips into warm grins. My toes curl at his touch. And when I’m lost; when I’m stuck; my Piano Man doesn’t insult me by trying to find me. He points me in the right direction, and sends me off to find myself.

Today, I was at head-imploding point. With a deadline coming up, and my head was blank. Fine, it wasn’t actually blank, but it was full of stories I shouldn’t be thinking about until a month from now. I started the tale three times—from the beginning, from the middle, from the end—nothing felt right.

“Go for a walk,” my Piano Man said.

“I think I’ll just suck it up, and sit in front of my laptop until I can put something together,” I told him.

“I think a walk will do you good. You can always think when you are in the woods,” he insisted.

I finally said yes. I grabbed a notepad and a pencil to capture the Muse if I saw her while in the woods. And my camera to shoot anything I found “At an Angle” for Thematic Photographic 212. I found both. First, came the uncanny angles:

This twisted oak lives right outside our building.

From this angle, doesn’t it look like it’s taking a one-handed bow?

Then I walk to the woods and ran into its resilient cousin.

Yep, it’s growing right through the rocks. Can you say inner-struggling Nature?

Look at the stalks of this daisy bush; stunning explosion of angles.

These mushroom and berries were just too deliciously autumnal not to show. Mother Nature is painting her dress. And the shades of gold, red, pink, brown… are perfect.

The twisted perfection grabbed the Muse by the hair and dragged her to my mind. Don’t panic, my Luvs, this Muse has interesting tastes; she liked the mode of travel and even asked for more. She was so happy that, in less than ten minutes, she helped me accomplish what I hadn’t been able to do in half a day. Now I have a complete outline, and I’m ready to write some dark fiction. 

Can you see why I adore my Piano Man? He knows just what to do to get me to that place where I am able to remember that even if things are a little twisted and am struggling, I can always find my way and the colors of my soul in the leafy bosom of the one who has always spoken to my heart.
And, of course, the fact that he’s hot, doesn’t hurt at all ;-)

14 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful. :) That bowing tree...I thought it looked like a bow too. I'm feeling inspired now too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you try joining Thematic Photographic. The group is very interactive, and the prompts are quite inspiring. As you've noticed ;-)

      Delete
  2. The first image that came to mind when I saw your first tree image was a photo I saw once of Medusa. Weird uh! I do see the bow in the second shot but it also looked like on half was hugging the other half.

    I agree your piano man is hot. Only one thing that would make this photo of him hotter in my book and that is getting rid of the ball cap and wearing a sexy hat. But, then if you have watched the hat parade on my side bar you know I am a sucker for a handsome man in a real hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to the terrace earlier tonight, and looked at the tree from above (I live on a 7th floor) and from this angle it is Medusa all the way. I will take a picture just so you can see.

      And I went to see your hat parade--lovely. It made me want to dig out all my hat pictures lol

      Delete
  3. I love the pictures from you walk! I am glad your Piano Man, told you to go take a stroll ;o) You are truly fortunate to have your Piano Man and he is fortunate to have you too ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fortunate indeed, my friend. I feel it everyday and thank the universe for him. Hugs right back at you ;-)

      Delete
  4. That oak is very impressive. In the first shot it appears as if someone has dived into the trunk and left their foot hanging out. The daisy bush takes the prize for the most angles in a small space. But what is a daisy bush?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the "foot hanging out" imagery ;-)

      The explosion of angles is a Montauk daisy bush that dominates the corner of the block across from where I live. I should have added a picture of the entire plant, huh? Well, here is a link to a good specimen: http://lh3.ggpht.com/-P5JKwAuKR_s/TpDK_O26YLI/AAAAAAAAGP8/fCvrYRGz8H4/s1600-h/October%252520Witches%252520025%25255B3%25255D.jpg

      Delete
  5. oh i love all these angling images...ESPECIALLY the trees!! AND the 'shroom! OH, and the tree growing up & around the rock! such determination!!

    YES, that tree is definitely bowing...gesturing for the two of you to keep on living & loving!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I can't wait to take a picture from the 7th floor. I've been meaning to do it, but I end up just enjoying the view an forgetting to grab the camera. The tree looks amazing from above.

      I wanted to grab the mushroom and bring it home. The tiny holes looked like amber. Sooo pretty ;-)

      Delete
  6. That tree is so cool!

    And I'm a sucker for mushroom pics...they just demand to be photographed.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who loses her mind when she sees a pretty mushroom. They are just sexy and they know it lol

      Delete
  7. That oak seriously looks human! Remarkable photos - but more importantly, I especially love how you've placed them in the context of your relationship. I believe fate connects us with our soul mates, and you just know when that's happened. Because they know exactly what yo do to help keep you on the path you've been destined to take.

    I needed this reminder today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to have a personality, doesn't it? And it looks fantastic from above, too.

      I like to explore what I see and what create using a foundation that I understand. I feel it makes it easier when sharing with others. And I agree with your notion about fate giving us the person we need and putting us on the path of someone who we can complete. Life would be very difficult if we had to share it with someone who doesn't get us.

      I'm glad this post served multiple purposes ;-)

      Delete