Monday, August 20, 2012

Morrigan Is Flying in for Halloween and I’m Ready to Greet Her

Multifarious Day 8

Morrigan by Laura DeLuca – Morrigan felt decidedly shaky… The reading hadn’t made everything as crystal clear as she had hoped, but one thing was certain. She would soon be leaving on a journey—a journey that would undoubtedly end in death.” Visit Laura  DeLuca’s  blog to read an excerpt from Morrigan, and see why I’m so excited about her October arrival.

I guess I can tell you a bit, huh? I’ve been biting my nails for the release of Morrigan because if the novel is half as wonderful as the excerpt suggests—and I’m pretty sure it will be—then this young adult tale will not only be fun, but it will offer yummy glimpses into a witchy world I don’t know much about. And you know how I LOVES me some learning ;-)

Oh, yes, I almost forgot. Morrigan flies in trailing a mind-blowing giveaway.

The Bewitching Home – Party! One of the things I love most about All Hallow’s Eve is the festive atmosphere of the witchy holiday. This year, I plan to party my heart out all month long. I’ve already signed up for The Bewitching Home blog party hosted by The Witch of The Howling Creek. I will also sing with the Samhain Sirens, and plan to join as many Dia de los Muertos, Hallowe’em… themed parties as I can. In the words of a dear friend, “This only happens once a year.” So, party, my Luvs!   

Happy Witchy Loons – There is nothing that makes me smile wider than the joy on the face of a person who has just opened a gift they love. The grin on Amanda’s face, after she told me that she, too, donated her hair, tells me that I’m not the only one who grins like a happy witchy loon after giving.

Speaking of Giving... Yummy Sage, Sexy Rocks, Earrings and a Journal – I was bathing when my Piano Man stuck his head in the shower and… um, I know what you are thinking, and yes, there was some of that, but this bit of writing won’t discuss soapy skin or sexy grins. I’m bringing it up because it was when my Piano Man told me that I had received a package from Magic Love Crow. And although I didn’t know it yet, it was the perfect moment for the revelation. Stacy’s gift is one of passion, night and sage. Thanks so much, my dear friend! The earrings I bought from Camerons shop, arent they lovely? She sent stickers for me and the Little Princess, too. And the journal was a present from an instructor who said that my “words are life in colors.” Well, Gracias! 
 

Shero’s Manliness in 5-Inch Heels – My Naughty Bits of Fiction is a fairly new blog, so I don’t have many followers there *sniffs, sniffs, and wipes face* But don’t fret, my Wicked Luvs, for I will keep you updated here. Yep, I like you that much. The latest bit of naughty fabulousness is “Shero: Glam, Bam, Thank You Ma’am,” my take on a couple of books that left me roaring, gasping, and with an intense desire for killer shoes.

 Words of the Week
“When I was in the military they gave me a medal for killing two men and a discharge for loving one.” 
~Epitaph of Leonard P. Matlovich, 1988
Smilen. A peculiar contraction of the features of the face, which naturally expresses pleasure, moderate joy, approbation, or kindness “peculiar contraction?” Really? How peculiar, huh? ;-)
Giftv. To endow with any power or faculty
Gayn. Merry; airy; jovial; sportive; frolicsome. It denotes more life and animation than cheerful. I searched for the words transgender, homosexual, bisexual… but my ancient dictionary offered no meaning. It gives an expected closed-minded old definition for sodomycrime against nature. So I glared at the ridiculousness of it, and chose Gay instead. Because I can. Because I know. Because I love.
(Webster’s Unabridged Dictionary, 1861)

Share |

26 comments:

  1. Oh gotta have me some styling shoes for sure...a girl just doesn't have a prayer without some fabulous footwear!! For sure!!!
    Morrigan sounds intriguing...!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge shopper, but there is something contagious about the way Shero talks about shoes. And he is hilarious.

      And Morrigan has me biting my nails!

      Delete
  2. My favourite word of the week.....frolicsome :D Since the word Gay has been usurped, would having "frolicsome" friends be a new alternative, or am I being offensive? (frolicsome just sounds so much fun :D) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just so you know, I've been using the words "frolicsome" every chance I get. I even raise an eyebrow when I do it ;-)

      Delete
  3. That Matlovich quotation is right on! He was a true trailblazer.

    I simply must check out all these wonderful blogs you've mentioned that are new to me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trailblazer indeed. And so timely, with the ways things are going in the military at the moment.

      Hope you like the blogs!

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing the Morrigan giveaway! You will be one of the first to get a copy when its ready!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WoooHooo! I am really excited about this one, Laura. There is something about the tone and the way Morrigan handles the cards that has me very intrigued.

      Delete
  5. You look absolutely beautiful, Magaly! What a wonderful gift! Where to start, hmmm. Okay how could there be a witchy worls that you don't know much about? Will you post a video of The Samhain Sirens?? Love the gift you got from Magic Love Crow and how you found out about it! Yess yes keep me posted on all things Magaly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Francie. And I do love my gifts.

      I'm happy to say that the Samhain Sirens is going to be a month long All Hallow's Eve blog party, so you'll get to see the whole thing!

      And I so love my present from Stacy. She is such a darling. I keep on looking at the card that came with the gift and smiling.

      Delete
  6. Gina is so cute with her frolicsome ways...the way her mind works.....amuses me to no end :)

    Your hair looks so cute! You have a beautiful (albeit a little mischeivious) smile! Best wishes on the new blog, too....how do you have time for all that you do....haha?!

    Thank you so much for mentioning the earrings you picked from my shop. I'm just so delighted that they were everything you wanted...

    ...soapy skin....*giggles* I need not say more about that ;P

    Super big hugs,
    Cam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina's frolicsome ways are funny and contagious, aren't they?

      Thanks for comments about my hair, it's already growing back. Hm, time... I guess I just do a bit at a time ;-)

      I'm giggling at your giggles. And I LOVE my earrings. As a matter of fact, I wore them today!

      Delete
  7. What a great post! My friend, I am so happy you got your stones and sage ;o) And, I am so happy you love them ;o) I can't wait till Laura's new book comes out! I will be getting it! I love the picture of you and your friend! If I had hair to give, I would be too ;o)
    "Soapy Skin or Sexy Grins"!!! Magaly, you are too cute! ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your stones came full of smiles, and that sage smells sooo good, Stacy. Thanks again.

      Yay! on getting Laura's book when it comes out. I'm waiting anxiously. And about the hair, you give the world that huge smile of yours and I'll give hair for both of us.

      Delete
  8. I love those earrings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too. Cameron is a gifted artist ;-)

      Delete
  9. lol - "desire for killer shoes" - it had that affect on me too. It inspired me because I have wide feet and that reminded me they do make heels for men! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a way of making everyone feel sexy... unless he is saying that they are not lol

      Delete
  10. I'm loving the hair cut. Suits you well, I'm going to look at the morrigan now and order my copy I love new books thanks for this M.

    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch. And I hope you love Morrigan ;-)

      Delete
  11. Morrigan looks like it'd be a great read, not only are there 2 young adults in the house I often read what they suggest SO THIS TIME by babes can take a tip from me (well via you) :) Love the smiling loons photos LOL, you both look coy & adorable and yes that package from Stacy, shower interruptus indeed, it deserved to be rushed straight in to that steamy room, oh hang on, you take cold showers right (?) still think it may have been a steamy exchange ;)
    Shero (I meant to write on a previous post) looks like a lot of fun, anything that includes 'F%@k me' heels has gotta be worth reading & cute cover too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we can all read Morrigan together *grins*

      On the steamy bit, everything gets hot and bothered when I'm clad in nothing but water and soap and my Piano Man enters the room *bigger grin*

      Shero is fantastic. It was the first I read by the author, and I'm thinking about getting a few other of his books. I have a feeling I will like them just as much. I really enjoyed his authorial voice.

      Delete
  12. Oh how I love this time of year and will be running into you at The Bewitching Home blog party. We should park our brooms side by side and walk in together;-)

    How wonderful that both of you not only donated your hair, but basked in the beauty of giving. And that Stacy is such a sweet treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green sparkles of your broom will look wonderful next to my broom's read and black ribbons. Let's get there together indeed!

      Giving feels wonderful, I think if more people knew how good it feels they would be more willing to do it. And our Stacy is blissfulness made crow goddess ;-)

      Delete
  13. Awww thanks sweets for adding me in a post =}

    I saw Morrigan the other day on another blog, and can't wait for it to come out either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jumping around waiting for Morrigan, too!

      Delete