I Said No

Fabulous, Lovely, Beautiful… simply put, mi blog es un premio que inspira. Yep, Pagan Culture is a gift that inspires. My Aries heart already knew that, of course, for the narcissistic voice that whispers in its ears never stops repeating awesomeness-filled words. But it is nice to know that other people know it, too *grins and blows kisses at the mirror*. Don’t puke just yet, my Wicked Luvs, an occasional dose of extreme self-love is wonderful for the soul. Go on, try it, tell yourself how wonderful you are *waits… nods a lot… smiles encouragingly*. Didn’t that feel fabulous?

Purr(fect)! With that out of the way, we can move on to other charming bits.

Two days ago, someone said that I if was going to use this blog to discuss fiction, then I should change its name for something less “involved, more writing-related than Pagan Culture.”

I said no. Fine, so I first asked her if she was on drugs, and then I said no.

I won’t even speculate on what she meant by “involved,” but I will say this: I spent many days choosing a name for this blog. Notice that I didn’t say many days selecting Pagan Culture as the final name, for the actual name selection process took me many weeks. I had a very long list of possibilities, which were only connected by the world Culture.

I considered: Witch Words, Spelling Witch, Words Are Magic, Wicked Witch Writes… but my subconscious must have realized that this blog was going to deal with much more than witchery, writing, and the pretty things in my head. Witchcraft is about community and individual choices, but culture encompasses a lot more than just Witches and words. And Pagan, to me, speaks of old, of the land, of roots that go deeper and grow stronger than the ignorance of some. With that thought in mind, Pagan Culture was born ;-)

I thank Mina from Green Witch with Sprinkles, Connie from Sunfire’s Ramblings, Serenity from The Domestic Pagan, and Morag from Innocence and Immanence for the awards they’ve given Pagan Culture. Stop by their blogs, my Luvs, and tell my witchy friends that I love their kind gesture, and that I will always value the opportunity to remind myself—and others—that some things are perfect just the way they are.  

I seem to have misplace the gold-dusted parchment that listed the rules for the awards *grins*. So… I’ll share 3 fabulous bits about culture, 2 things I love, and 1 I dislike:

3. Fabulous momentous about culture (Straight from the dictionary):
1. It’s the quality in a person or society that arises from a concern for what is regarded as excellent in arts, letters, manners, scholarly pursuits
2. Development or improvement of the mind by education or training
3. The behaviors and beliefs characteristic of a particular social, ethnic, or age group
2. Things I love about Culture: (I’m putting something in here because there is parenthetical information after the other items. It seemed unfair not to)
1. The concept embraces education, art, individuality, community… choice
2. Culture is made by people
1. Things I Dislike about Culture (This section is supposed to be about things I hate, but I’ve come to a point in my life where I can honestly say that I don’t truly hate anything, but…):
1. I dislike people who are so blinded by the belief that their culture is better than everyone else’s that they forget the meaning of the word and embrace stupidity.

Pagan:
A person who hasn’t forgotten where he or she comes from and is proud of that knowledge.
Oh, stop looking at me like that, my Wicked Darlings. This is a diverse world, so define it as you wish ;-)

I, Magaly Guerrero, declare that we are all freaking awesome, in our own way. I’m passing these awards to every lover of Blog Culture who wants to share a bit about why they joined this circle of information givers and seekers; of friends. So just grab one or snatch them all, and bless the world with the fabulousness that is you, my Wicked Luvs.

Share |

38 comments:

  1. Ever since I first came across your blog, I could sense that you and Pagan Culture are about community. You are inclusive instead of exclusive. You are open to ideas, not only your own but those of others and encourage conversation and the sharing of those ideas and knowledge. You embrace all that is magickal, different cultures, art, books, and life. All of these things are channeled through Pagan Culture to reach your readers, the community of people that interchange those same values with you. I’m glad you said no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just copied and pasted your comment, and sent it to the person in question. I agree with Shelle. I'm ever gladder to have said no ;-)

      Delete
  2. Ditto :)

    Plus...

    I like gorillas and dolphins...

    I'm saying that just so I can add something different to what Carmen said because I agree with all of her comment & couldn't think of anything else to add at this point... except... well, maybe turtles too, yep I like turtles too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorillas and dolphins and turtles are awesome. And wild cats, yes, definitely wild cats ;-)

      Delete
  3. I visit and read your blog because you talk sense! You do not tell others what to call their blogs..."Pagan Culture", always spoke to me of learning and inspiration. The fact that you do not hide your witchy nature does not detract from that, in fact it emphasises the "open discussion" aspect of your blogging.
    ...and you is yummy and gorgeous with a smile that can melt stone hearts(and a scowl that can shatter them completely) :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am yummy and gorgeous with a smile that can melt stone hearts (and scowl that can shatter them completely) and a head that grows and grows and grows... lol

      Delete
  4. So glad you decided to play along! This turned out to be a wonderful post! I don't think I've ever seen the word Fabulous (or any derivative of it) used so many times so eloquently. Nice job! :)
    And just a note, you spelled the name of my blog wrong - it's Sunfire's Ramblings. I forgive you, though.
    ~Sunfire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess my subconscious was just telling me that you are not just fire, but also a jewel ;-D

      Delete
  5. Indeed, my dear Magaly, you are Fabulous! (your picture is in the dictionary as the definition of Fabulous) I love the way your words spill, run, dance or otherwise energetically sprint across the page, no matter the subject or culture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNEW I had made the dictionary lol. By the way, you just gave me a glimpse into a world of wheeled words, and I like it ;-)

      Delete
  6. It never crossed my mind that "pagan culture" would NOT be broad enough to include any aspect of life. Hahahaha, guess it's all in your perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly, but it seems that not everybody thinks the way we do. Pity. Just imagine the fun ;-)

      Delete
  7. I am here because I enjoy visiting with you and I love your stories!!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must say that I come here to find inspiration, solace, laughter, love, friendship and watch you tame a dragon or two along the way. You have truly bewitched me with you charm, humor and kindness. WTF is wrong with people that they would have to make a judgemental call like that??? Why am I asking a stupid question???
    Darling, like so many others....the attainment of your level of fabulousness is so blinding to the ignorant that they must fight to keep their balance. Just flash that smile and smote the beast.
    And how lovely that you accepted these awards and turned it into your own....as though Aries aren't rule breakers.....
    Tee hee, love ya girlie, Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *flashing and smiting the beast*

      Guess you noticed that I don't accept all awards, huh? So perceptive. I figured that we can all live in peace if I break the rules that cause no pain when broken and stay away from things that mandate something I don't want to do. Unless I need that 'something' in which case, there might be pieces ;-)

      Delete
  9. I just think its sort of rude to suggest something like that unsolicited.

    Like, wtf?

    I have never in all my years of reading your blog been like "hmmm, let me take mental notes on how she's doing her blog wrong and then write to her my thoughts."

    I like ur blog as is and I loved the fiction infusions.

    Much love dear and cheers to saying no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People are weird. And not in that fabulous kind of way that makes us like them. Some, are just weird-minded.

      Delete
  10. well...as always...i smile as i read the words that pour out of you.
    you are lovely, fabulous, beautiful & freaking awesome.

    i've always felt that Pagan Culture was your perfect name. it's you. how you live, love, see life...the world...and pass it on...

    =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to cringe when I hear the phrase "crime against nature." Mostly because the words tend to be used to address acts, which have nothing criminal about them.

      But when I see someone changing, not to be happier with themselves, but to make others like them, I cringe. Not being oneself is a crime against nature.

      Delete
  11. Why be limited by specific words, when instead, you can be free in endless interpretation....

    The message I get when I visit here is all about love, acceptance and toiling away at what fuels your passion....oh, and maybe a little naughty inuendo every now and again....but, I do so enjoy it all.....every bit ;)

    The name you chose led me to believe when I first saw it, that I would find out more about the Pagan way of life....you have not dissappointed me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there I was thinking my naughty innuendos were subtle and stuff *sigh*

      Delete
  12. I think Pagan Culture is a perfect name for your blog. Honestly if I could I'd snatch it up for myself. lol. I also debated about my blogs name. The only thing that kept sticking out for me is Salem's Creations. At first I didn't know I'd keep it because even though I do some art projects, my creativity doesn't often take a tangible form. However (I hope) I've shown how creative I can be in life through my writing and other crafts and of course sharing my witchy craft as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *puts a protective spell and a few locks on Pagan Culture*

      I like Salem's Creations. It makes me think of things rooted in history. I particularly love your blog's name when seen together with your blogging name. Salem Witch Child next to Salem's Creations speaks of home and future. Me likes lots ;-)

      Delete
  13. Hi, I’ve nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger award!

    http://learningwicca.wordpress.com/2012/08/22/very-inspiring-blogger/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, now I feel inspiring times two ;-)

      Delete
  14. Oh, how I have missed you, Magalay. Your blog is INDEED wonderful and inspiring. As is culture. Except when it's not.

    Sorry for my long absense. I'm finally getting things together again, and I'm glad to be back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely to see you back! I must go and see what you've been cooking lately. I bet it is tasty, healthy and armed with energy ;-)

      Delete
  15. Magaly, you are truly a goddess of the written and queen of friendship. Warm hugs to your awesome self, my love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Goddess of the written and queen of friendship." Yep, I'll add that to my life resume ;-)

      Delete
  16. Glad you said NO, you don't need to change a thing... And i see you are getting excited about all your witchy Samhain bloggy celebrations! I haven't even begun to think that far ahead, summer needs to slow down here in my world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I can change if I wanted to, I'm just too bullheaded. And yes, ma'am, I'm super excited about All Hallow's Eve and the witchiness the time brings. I can't wait!

      Delete
  17. I am happy you said no! Your blog is about community! I come to your blog, to learn, to smile, to laugh, to dance and sometimes even cry. You are a wonderful person! Never change ;o) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I come to your blog to learn, to smile, to laugh, to dance and sometimes even cry." I love those words, Stacy, for it is what I always wished for Pagan Culture.

      Delete
  18. Don't you ever change the name of this blog, I LOVE it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pagan Culture is so much more than just a blog. If this person in question doesn't understand that, then they need to look a little harder. Pagan Culture is one of the very few blogs that I can come to and get completely lost in. I love everything that it is.

    And it must be said... what kinda nerve does it take to suggest to you that you should rename something as personal and creative as this? *smh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people are just weird, and not "weird ha-ha" lol

      Delete