Ask for Everything, My Wicked Luvs…

… and you might just get it.

After reading your collective response on the issue of which you would like to read—a story about AlmaMia at thirteen, an event from Soledad’s point of view, or a chapter from Dancing on Her Bones (a novel where AlmaMia is twenty-eight-years-old)—I’ve come to the conclusion that you, my Wicked Luvs, are the readers after my own heart. For, I, too, want it all. Seriously, my new motto is going to be ‘Ask for everything and you might just get it.’

Most of It, Anyway…

In the case of the three tales set in AlmaMia Cienfuegos’ world, you’ll get most of what you chose. How? you may ask. Through compromise, I say. Different people seem to want different things, and when it comes to storytelling I’m quite the reader pleaser; so I will publish all three options. But instead of a webserial, you will get the following short pieces:
- AlmaMia at thirteen-years-old, in October 2012
- An event from Soledad’s point of view, in January 2013
- And a long scene (perhaps a chapter) from Dancing on Her Bones, in the spring of 2013

Before you start gathering rocks for the virtual stoning of the Wicked Witch Writer, let me explain why everything, especially the chapter, seems so far away. First of all, AlmaMia’s tale is difficult to write. Dark urban fantasy such as The Haunting: a Webserial of Pre-Chaos comes easy to me. AlmaMia, on the other hand, is a different kind of story. It seems to take bits of flesh as it makes its way out of my head and heart. I’m not completely sure why… maybe I’ll figure it out as I write it… maybe you’ll figure it out as you read it… or perhaps, we’ll make sense of it together…
No, my Luvs, you aren’t imagining things; she LOOKSfrightening! I am pretty sure no one will have the guts to say not to that face. The doll in the middle knows all about it? Look at the terror in its eyes. Are you terrified of the little girl, too?If not, then just lie to me; I’m not ready to be a lone coward ;-(

18 comments:

  1. i've never been a doll lover.

    the one on the little girl's far right arm makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.
    the girl looks as if she's waiting for just the right minute to set them free...and then they'll climb down her body and come running...
    yikes!

    can't wait to read your tales....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I think the only dolls I've ever liked are the ones made by SueAnn from SueAnn's Journey. They look like real babies, and they are beautiful.

      Most dolls, on the other hand, make me want to write horror stories about them. Yep, they creep me out.

      Delete
  2. SQUEE!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! *happy dancing around the room* WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just danced a little, too. Didn't want to feel left out ;-)

      Delete
  3. I kinda like the little girls picture....looks like me, bwahahahaha.
    So super excited that all that reading wonderfulness is in the works. I adore all that you have ever written but AlmaMia is dear to my heart.
    At least you have paced yourself this time. Good time management will keep your lovely hair dark and vibrant. Scoot greys, now scoot. xoxo Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I find the little girl so creepy because she reminds me a little of me (and I know EXACTLY what I was thinking when I had that expression on my face lol).

      When it comes to AlmaMia, I don't have a choice. It takes a bit to write, but the rewriting is much easier and that's a plus ;-)

      Delete
  4. Meg..the little girl is scaring me...it's not other way around...and her dolls sets pure fair in me...i was never a doll lover...now i know why...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a creepy little thing...

      Delete
  5. I'm guessing she isn't planning on sharing her toys....not like you, you wonderfully amazing creature :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think she wants to share at all. I can almost hear her growling, "MINE!"

      And think I'm all the giving when it comes to certain things. I can be just as snarly about my man, my car and my kitchen lol

      Delete
  6. that motto is absolutely spot on.. ask and you shall recieve, remember the universe knows no bounds its only the human mind that puts boundaries up and limitations. Let your mind wander, I love your writing, you are one gifted witch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you love it, my Pixie. And yes, yes, yes, I shall ask often ;-)

      Delete
  7. ✻´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´✻✻✻CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS ~ you're a winner of my 1000th Followers Giveaway over at www.PlumroseLane.com(¸.•´ (¸.•´✻
    I've sent you an email to follow up so just look for that and respond. Thanks so much for participating Magaly!
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to have my bracelet. I will wearing for NY Comic Con and feel extra-brainy ;-)

      Delete
  8. Ohh love the fleshy morsels you serve up my wicked one :)
    You know... that photo, I think she's adorable, she's like the dolls, look at the big eyes & that oh so dimpled chubby arm around her precious dollies... I think she's protecting them...

    and now I look again...

    scary...
    a little frightening
    I think maybe something is not right with that Mini me...
    YOU ARE RIGHT MAGALY... she thinks I am threatening to take her dollies... and she's planning on making sure I never get near them... crap did she put something in my wine ? ? I'm feeling a little light headed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, a psycho-bipolar-reaction, how I love it. I agree with both. In fact, when I first saw her precious little face I thought of the little girl in my short story "The Dark Place." I bet she has a hammer to go with those daisies ;-)

      Delete
  9. Hammers & daisies - the perfect combo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blood and Guts has nothing on Hammer and Daisies. Better contact the Marine Corps cadence committee and inform them that a new ditty has been born ;-)

      Delete