Monday, July 9, 2012

Multifarious and My “O” Face

Multifarious Day 2
Get comfy and bite into the multifarious cauldron of my Mondays. You see, as much as I love random variety, I need some sort of order in my chaotic madness if my OCD and I are to survive. I tend to blog about everything, but my posts usually stay somewhere within the realm of the witchy and the yummy goodness of storytelling. Also, I might publish entries whenever the muse hits me—or when the need to rant heats up my innards—but Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday posts have been the likely thing.

But from now on, my blogging schedule will look as follow:
Mon – multifarious cauldron of deliciously chaotic madness. Yep, many things together, and many times the only link they will share is the fact that I wrote them and publish them here.

Wed – single-themed posts, party entries, and mayhap some leakage (I can’t believe oozage is not a word!) from Mondays because you aren’t the boss of me and I can post whatever I freaking want. Sorry for the outburst, I just read You Suck and Bite Me by Christopher Moore, and Abigail Von Normal’s, emergency backup mistress of the Greater Bay Area darkness perky and nostefaratu lingo is damn contagious.

Fri – the last day of the week will be dedicated to fiction. These next few weeks we will continue to enjoy, The Haunting: a Webserial of Pre-Chaos, and after that comes to an end, in August, I’m thinking that a webserial set in the tropical and volatile world of cute and wild AlmaMia Cienfuegos is in order. Fine, so maybe I got an email (or thirteen) from people saying that it isn’t fair that Luna and Leo are getting all kinds of page time while little AlmaMia doesn’t get to play. But still, I’m doing it because I want to; and not, in any way, because I’m terrified of Reader’s Wrath, which has been known to out-smite the fury of the mightiest of the gods.

Weekends – there will no blogging on Saturdays or Sundays. I will stop by Facebook and Twitter to check up on your wild selves. This also means that if I join any weekend blog party, my post will go up Monday or Wednesday. I’m saving the weekends for intense writing and family fun, details of which I will probably share on the following Multifarious Day.  

My “O” Face – for this week’s fully buttered prompt, I bring you Little Death or what is commonly known as My “O” Face of the Tarot. In my completely made up Tarot deck, Little Death represents a never-ending cycle of orgasms: circle for continuity, purple for magical power, red for passion, black for mystery, and I didn’t know how to draw a FACE contorted by delightfully orgasmic spasms, so I just spelled it out. See?

Now, from the mildly ancient depths of my
1861 (freaking awesome) Webster’s Unabridged Dictionary,
I present today’s words:
Multidentate, a. Armed with many teeth.
Multifarious, a. Having great multiplicity; having great diversity or variety; as a multifarious artifice.
 I thought diverse would be an appropriate description for this post, so I decided to spend some time with my 150-something-year-old dictionary reading words prefixed by multi, many and so on. While at it, I ran into the term multidendate, and although it has nothing to do with variety, it was too cool of word not to share, don’t you think? It’s nearly as awesome as multifarious.

Let’s put this multi-awesomeness into a sentence set in the world of Pre-Chaos
“Luna was not a pessimistic witch, but the multidentate grins on the faces of her attackers convinced her that if Magaly’s overuse of adverbs and adjectives didn’t fry her brain, then the multifarious gang of flesheaters creeping towards her would definitely kill her.”

Your turn, my Wicked Luvs; use multidentate or multifarious (or both!) in your comment, and prove that you have no problem acting as creepily nerdy as your Wicked Witch Writer ;-)

Share |

30 comments:

  1. Hahaha...love your "O" face and it's description :D...and I know this doesn't count as proper usage, but I couldn't help thinking "Texas Multidentate Massacre" sounded a much classier movie Lol :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Texas Multidentate Massacre" puts a toothy grin on my face. Classier indeed lol

      Delete
  2. Ha!!! It is just entirely too early for me to craft a multifarious incantation. So I will enjoy all the other phrases and versus crafted by my multidentate's.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "multifarious incantations" sounds like the tittle to a great book.

      Delete
  3. Magaly's multifarious minions move mountains for her magnificence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have minions, wooohooo! And just so you know, I'm quite the alliteration junkie. Yum!

      Delete
  4. Anyone who tries to stop me reading your magnificent multifarious posts when ever they appear, will be greeted with a multidentate growl. Keep up your multifarious cauldron of delights, your readers will devour every delicious morsel of your written words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Wichy J, you area such a darling. I shall keep my multifarious cauldron full, so that my Luvs can always feed ;-)

      Delete
  5. fun! a creative writing moment...
    hopefully i used these words...correctly...i'm not a 'writer'...i just like to write...

    ......and when it slithered out of the shadows, and into the moonlight...i hadn't even realized it had a mouth. i was too shocked to move...watching it transform into this multidentate creature...jaws snapping...filling the night air with bone crunching sounds. i finally got control of myself, shook off my initial fear...and ran into the night, willing myself to move faster than i ever had before. i could hear those razor like teeth not far behind me...the creature wasn't alone anymore. it's multifarious army had joined in, gnashing their way through the thick woods...in fevered pursuit......

    ha. thanks magaly. that was a waker-upper. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "moonlight... multidentate creatures... jaws snapping... bone crunching... night... razor... multifarious army... gashing... woods... fevered pursuit..." YOU have been the one doing the awaking, Laura Luv. I love your choice of words. Better yet, I can see her running for her life, surrounded by terrifying noises. Creepy delicious!

      Delete
  6. Omigod. I'm going to come back and comment properly when i am not rushing, but i wanted to tell you that i LOVE your tarot card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a teacher, I would exuberantly remove the facetious multidentate grimaces of my students through the carefully calculated and trigonomically accurate use of projectile emesis, but my multifarious admin would officially disapprove (and silently applaud).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just made me roar. Projectiles lol

      Delete
  8. To interogate a multidentate
    Speak multifariously hilariously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And very fast, too. We don't want to give them time to understand the strength of their own jaws ;-)

      Delete
  9. Your "O" Face is great ;o))) And, your blog is multifarious ;o) Hope I did that right ;o) I don't want to fail ;o) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a brilliant word.

    I am also armed with many, many teeth.

    All of which seem to be falling out.

    :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hold on to your teeth! We need to see the toothiness after you turn that frown upside down ;-)

      Delete
  11. Todays lunchtime conversation proved to be hilariously multifarious. You wouldn't believe the topics; I laughed so hard I was crying and my face hurt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to know the topics! I do, I do, I do!

      Delete
  12. The things I need to catch up on are multifarious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! "You're not the boss of me!" I love it! Can't wait to see the changes and what family fun you find. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read Bloodsucking Fiend, You Suck and Bite Me? If you haven't, you should give it a go. Oh my freaking gods! I kept on shaking the bed with laughter while I read. I'm so happy my Piano Man sleeps like the dead.

      Delete
  14. I LOVE your tarot card! :D I am so pleased to have such quality multifarious blogs in my google reader to bring a smile to my face to learn new words as well...like multidentate which brings to mind images of monsterous snapping jaws instantly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now I want a Horror Potamus Monsterous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL! That's right girl. You do what you want when you want and with no apologies. ;-)

    I love your "O face" tarot. You could add some continuously curled toes to your deck. Oh, Dan just walked by and I showed him your tarot card. He wants to know how to interpret it if it is drawn introverted. Buahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I read about that husband of yours, I understand whey you two have been together for so long: you are twin souls. I can hear the humor and feel the force of his laughter as I read this comment. Tell him that an introverted O Face can mean multiples, particularly if the reader and and the one doing the reading have a toe-curling connection ;-D

      Delete