Luna Bravo and Leo Drake … Past, Present and Future

“It was so smooth and dreamlike. The sex was smokin.”

“Rolled my eyes when the wife said I had to read it. I take it back. “Sex Witch” kicks ass!”

“I want Luna’s kitchen. “Witch Food” is hot!!!!! Can I get the blueprints for Old Tori?”

“I’m wishing someone would compile all parts into a buyable… ebook I could reread in one sitting from the comfort of my bed. …Deff something I think people would happily buy Mags. Myself included.”

“I read that “The Haunting” is part of a novel portraying the same world and main characters. Is the longer work finished in its entirety? Send me the synopsis and a few chapters if it is.”

The first four quotes are random chunks out of messages I began to receive since posting “Berries for Sweet;” emails that tripled after sharing “Sex Witch,” and have continued to multiply since the publication of “Out of the Fire.” I am thrilled to learn that I’m not the only one completely taken by Luna Bravo, Leo Drake and the rest of the inhabitants of the world of Pre-Chaos.

The fifth message—you thought I had forgotten, didn’t you? Nope. That email was sent by one of the individuals who populates my “Agents to Query for Urban Fantasy” list. I got the message on Tuesday night, and I’m still grinning about it. Ask my Piano Man, he can tell you that my teeth refuse to stay out of sight. But I have reasons to be excited, so I don’t feel too bad. You see, I added the agent’s name to my list because her online profile suggested that she might like my style, and to have the hypothesis confirmed with a request for my work has sent my heart and mind into writer’s nirvana. I suspect a writer friend of mine told her to check out my blog, but the inquiry remains awesome.    

So what does all this have to do with the past, present and future of Luna, Leo and their world? Simple, I have to make a few writing/publishing changes. I had planned to publish a novella set in the world of Pre-Chaos next month, but I will skip August, continue working on the novel manuscript, and in October I shall publish Tales of Pre-Chaos, a short collection that will include “The Haunting” and other stories of preternatural chaos.  

I will post an updated schedule on my Writing Site on July 13th. And will spend this weekend grinning like a loon at my Piano Man and the Little Princess, studying psychology of violence, writing yummy words, organizing my cyber dwellings, and plotting “Thirteen,” my next web serial, which is be set in the world of AlmaMia Cienfuegos

Thanks so much to you who send emails to tell me what you like about my stories, you who leave comments here at my blog, and to you who read and enjoy the ride in blissful silence. All of you, my Wicked Luvs, keep me writing and loving the delight that is to weave words into tales.

Seriously, your comments turn me into a grinning-giddy-goofball. See?
P. S. “Channeling Secrets” (The Haunting, Part 7) will be available on Friday instead Tuesday.
On July 9th, I will write a post to explain upcoming blogging changes. 

38 comments:

  1. You are the cutest giddy-goofball ever!! This is very exciting about The Agent. Can't wait to hear more!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you my dear Robin ;-)

      I'm pretty thrilled about the email. Even if she is not the one to represent me in the long run, it is just exciting that someone is interested in my writing even before it is polished. Okay, it's freaking awesome lol

      Delete
  2. I just started to follow your blog need to do a little catching up and see what all this is about. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Nadine. Do look around. I hope you like what you find. I shall stop by to visit, too ;-)

      Delete
    2. So far I do you are an amazing writer. Thank you so much for the follow also! Made my day and now I am the one who can't stop grinning like a giddy-goofball.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the kind words. I'm always happy to make someone grin, being happy all by oneself is not all that cool, right? ;-)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful portraits, with tenderness and happiness. For me photography is a nice way to convey feelings and emotions, would be happy if you write about one of my photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you project that so well. I have a character forming in my head, all inspired by your shapes, colors and textures... he feels liquid, but very solid in his own wants. I shall write about him soon. I will email you to ask for permission before I do ;-)

      Delete
  4. Woohooo!!!!!!!! Told you it was a good story :D SSSSSooooooooo happy for you :D *grinning with you* :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope you are ready to grin for a long time, because I will write on ;-D

      Delete
  5. What wonderful news! I am so happy for you Magaly! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I'm quite tickled myself. It is a good feeling.

      Delete
  6. Yea!!! Btw, given the troubles you had with FormerFriendCurrentWordThief, is there a way to trademark, or otherwise legally protect, Alma & Pre-Chaos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AlmaMia is safe after the publication of the short story, and with the whole readership as witnesses, it will be mightily hard to steal Pre-Chaos. And I've taken other precautions, too.

      Delete
  7. SQUEEEEEE!

    I'be been quoted!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And with that ginormous brain of yours, I have a feeling you will be quoted many, many, many times more, my dear Militant Queer.

      Delete
  8. it's a good thing to be giddy AND a goofball! thanks for sharing the proof! ha!

    great news...about your agent...writings...publishing...yeah!! so i guess this post has answered the question i asked on the last posting i commented on...your WORKS will be available to buy for our readers!! yay!! can't wait!! stay lost in that writer's nirvana...but don't forget to come up for air now and then! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch. I shall stay deep in writer's nirvana as long as I can come up, every once in a while, to breathe your wonderful comments ;-)

      Delete
  9. Such a cute pic! Yay for the request! I wish you the best with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alexia. I'm eating up wall the good wishes ;-)

      Delete
  10. It IS a good picture. Looking forward to novella! And get the feeling I'm going to end up as a squat, red-haired toad in a story someday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "a squat, red-haired toad in a story someday..." now you are putting images in my head ;-)

      Delete
  11. Look at that grin, no look at that face that is BEAMING!!!! Congrats & guess what? I feel proud for you, crap I'm wearing a goofy grin now because your happiness is contagious... beam on girl :) Oh it's Memphis' birthday Friday the 13th :) Yeehaa but promise I'll remember to check back to see your new planned schedule for yummy things to come from your talented witchy goofy grinning self... great work Magaly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell Memphis I say Happy Birthday! Your girls have lovely names, I'm particularly taken by Trinity's name. I've always been obsessed with "3" so I might have to steal her pretty name one day.

      Knowing that you are grinning with me just makes me grin harder.

      Delete
  12. A huge congratulations on the agent inquiry!!! I am just giddy with excitement for you, my beautiful wicked love. You'd think it was me who received it. ;-)

    And look at you all, "I'm an eternally smiling smokin' hot hottie" not to mention a brilliant author, passionate lover of life and all that is goodness in a witch. Woo-Hoo!!! YOU GO GIRL!!! Love and kisses, Mina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just did a happy dance and sent you some extra tight hugs. You make me sound exactly like I feel inside, and that, well... that is priceless ;-)

      Delete
  13. Congratulations! I would be envious if you did not deserve the attention of an agent! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe I've just been humbled. And considering I'm an Aries from toenail to hair-tip, you know just what that means. Thank you, my friend.

      Delete
  14. How did I miss this?? I am so happy for you! I am grinning and dancing!! Love your photo! Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big hugs right back at you. Your grinning and happy dance is always worth waiting for ;-)

      Delete
  15. Mags, that's so awesome! Congratulations! And good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HOW EXCITING!!! Yay. I am smiling for you as well...and that photo, such gorgeous impish happiness that is very infectious and just makes one very happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Piano Man was saying some very, um, interesting things when he took that picture. I tried not to smile so hard, but I ended up laughing. How great that his superpower is contagious!

      Delete
  17. Congrats!!! Totally exciting!

    Every time I see a pic of you, you're wearing a cute sundress of some kind. My husband has been hounding me for like eons to start wearing sundresses. I'm gonna have to break down and wear some. I have always hated wearing them to be honest. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try sundresses, my dear LJ. They are comfy and easy to get rid off, um... if you are hot *cough, cough* Seriously, I love my sundresses. I would love to see you in one. *waits patiently for pictures*

      Delete
    2. I first have to find some. Shopping around here is spotty and for some reason, sundresses aren't easy to come by. Working on it.

      Delete
    3. I might have to help with the sundress for LJ search, just so I can see you in something colorful and airy ;-)

      Delete