Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer Seems to Spring Magical Things

“Days without carnage freaked me out. I liked their non-mayhem vibes, but with flesheaters running loose in Pre-Chaos, the absence of blood and death muddled my brain with suspicion.” If you haven’t yet, do stop by my writing site to read “Berries for Sweet,” and see what else is troubling Luna Bravo.

Pagan Living, Summer Issue 2012 – In the past, I’ve felt uneasy about interviews; perhaps because one time someone rearranged my words in a way that made me sound like a tool. But Tanae is wonderful, and I was able to spill my soul out to her.  
Mara – some time ago, Lilac Wolf interviewed the artist behind Monolith Graphics, and I left a comment. The artist was very touched, and sent me this beautiful journal to show me just how much. Now I’m touched, too. Isn’t it gorgeous?
Return to Celebrate Oz with my Oma Linda from Olde Baggs ‘n Stuft Shirts – I’m ecstatic about this one. I’ve been dreaming up the dark(ish) tale of how a displaced, green-skinned witch rescues a cyborg from a life of slavery at a woodcutting farm. The party is July 19th; won’t you join the wicked fun?   
The Summer of Colors 2 at Twinkle, Twinkle – six weeks to celebrate flavors, textures, colors, words… art. It begins June 4th. Will I see you there?
Sophie’s Sympathy (or how dogs are better at mother-guilt than we are) – this post left me in tears; deliciously glorious sobs of joy. Sophie’s tale touched me so deeply that she ended up as a character in “Goddesses on Contraception”. That gorgeous yellow lab knows things
Sophie's pretty face borrowed from  The Secret Life of the  American Working Witch
 Tomorrow morning,
the winners of the AlmaMia Cienfuegos Tours with Charm giveaways;
Wicked!

What’s brewing in your pre-summer cauldron, my Darling Luvs?

Share |

22 comments:

  1. Nothing as interesting as you lol. Working on some jewelry pieces, maybe adding something to my little zombie story, taking care of my girls, my home, my hubs and my sanity...or lack thereof ;).

    A pre-congrats to the wicked winners out there!

    \IiiI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What "little zombie story?" I want to know about the zombie story.

      And I'm sure taking care of those lovely girlies of yours and your handsome hubs, stays exciting all the time ;-)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely journal and I do promise to try to find the time to do more reading on your site!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always happy to see you ;-)

      Delete
  3. Aw, you're just the sweetest! I couldn't make the magazine happen without the help of all you awesome contributors (I'm sure I shouldn't play favorites but if I DID - you'd be one of them. :P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many wonderful things and newsy items in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gasp! Look at that! Wow, thank you so much for sharing the SOC button with your readers - what a nice surprise! AND CONGRATULATIONS on your interview! Can I see it in stores? I am so happy for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more the merrier, right? I'm glad this was a good surprise. Oh, and with the miracle of the internet, all you have to do is click on the link. There are some wonderful articles, and the photography is delicious, too.

      Delete
  6. What a cool journal!
    And now I'm going to view all the links!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gardening..weeding and more gardening. That is my summer fare. As well as paint, paint, paint!!
    Ha
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a world of fun. I will be doing a bit of gardening myself ;-)

      Delete
  8. This post just makes me want to wiggle my booty and wave my arms overhead because I feel like I am in the midst of one amazing non-stop party here! Look at all of these treats going on.

    I am making my way to your reading site, can't wait to read your interview (Tanae is a sweetie), love the journal (very cool gratitude), Joined the amazing Oma Linda's Oz fest for the 2nd year, STILL need to get to summer of colors (this weekend, I promise), love that precious Sophie and can't wait for the announced winners. Whew! I'm exhausted, ;-)~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got back from joining Summer of Colors...thank you for sharing this delicious fun!

      Delete
  9. I love the journal!! Beautiful!! Celebrate Oz is back? I told you, I am missing posts!!! I am off to read the interview ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is back! And I'm so excited. I swear I've been thinking about it for weeks, maybe months, lol. I can't wait to walk down the yellow brick road ;-)

      And how frustrating that you are not getting Oma's updates. I hope are not in your way to suffering my some fate--I stopped getting updates from nearly everyone a few months ago. I have to bookmark everything *sigh*

      Delete
  10. Book reviews AND gearing up for a cooking frenzy this week...and I am excited! Thanks for the shout-out. :) I'm so glad you love the journal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved it indeed. A cooking frenzy? Yum. Do tell...

      Delete
  11. Sound like exciting times all round!

    As for me, I'm reviewing books I'm getting for free via a group on Goodreads in return for reviewing them, hosting a giveaway, and trying not to fall too far behind on blogs and things, LOL! Beyond that no plans as yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy the reading. I shall be there soon to check the giveaways ;-)

      Delete