Sunday, June 24, 2012

About Pagan Culture

In 2009, a friend and coworker told me that her knowledge about Witches was limited to the belief that witchy people ran “around at night killing chickens and doing evil.” After meeting me, she did some research and then—extremely re-faced—approached me to say that she couldn’t believe how wrong she had been. This post contains bits of our conversation. A few days after our exchange, Pagan Culture was born.  

I felt the need to show the world what my witchy ways were all about. I say “my witchy ways,” for I know that no two Witches are the same. However, I knew—or at least, I hoped with all my heart—that other Witches and non-Witches might stop by to share their own views. Yet, if you had asked me, in 2009, what I expected from Pagan Culture, I would have tried to tell you, but I doubt I would have gotten it right. I would have said something like, “This is a blog about everyday life through the eyes of an Eclectic Witch.” And perhaps that would have been right, three years ago. Today Pagan Culture is so much more:  

This is the place where I share some of my dark fiction, and were friends get together to discuss all the wicked fun things that make life worth living. Fine, so we also devour unsavory topics, social—and sometimes rather personal—issues that can make a soul want to smack stupidity on the back head and kick it while it twitches on the ground, but we do it all with a gentle grin on our faces… most of the time.

If you take pleasure in the thrills of critical thinking, love soul-loaded fiction, enjoy celebrating the good things in life, and glaring at the not so awesome ones, then you’ll probably like Pagan Culture.

The last two paragraphs are the description I wrote for Pagan Culture on Kindle (no longer available on Kindle). I made the blog available through Amazon as a compromise. Why? Well, many of you—and I thank you for that—have advised me to add a donate button to this blog. However, for some reason I just don’t want to add a cyber-tip jar to Pagan Culture. I’ve no idea why… but I’m a Witch; I value my instincts. And I value your input as well.

So… if you want to show your support via a Kindle subscription, by all means, click on the image and read on, my Wicked Luvs.
But… you would make me much happier if you use your hard-earned money to purchase my fiction. I will publish more buyable stories in a couple of months, so you will have more choices. For now, grab a copy of what’s available for yourself; present it to a friend as gift; buy it for someone who you think might like it… spread the word… that will make me grin a lot.   
Amazon US   UK   DE   FR   ES  IT
I know; I must be the worst salesperson in the whole world. Or maybe, I’m just me: I want you to buy my fictional tales, for they are my art, my work and my passion. But Pagan Culture is a little different. This blog contains bits of my witchy soul, and that will always be available to friends at no charge. Yes, I can be incredibly corny, too.

Share |

26 comments:

  1. (smooshy hugs) from a fellow soppy eclectic witch :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soppy, eclectic witchy smooshes are the best ;-)

      Delete
  2. I think I am a witch wannabe. I love reading all the stories and legends and I swear my Mum was a witch but didn't know it, we all used to joke about it. She had a magical touch with anything you grow and woe betide anyone who crossed someone she loved. She used to joke about the family curse but sure enough anyone and I mean ANYONE who hurt her children got their come uppance, even after she died if she had said they would. I am always thankful for a problem of mine with a horrible horrible person that I swear and will continue to swear till the day I die, that she had a hand in solving even beyond the grave.

    I never even knew you could read blogs on Kindle so thank you for enlightening me :)

    Oh and you just got a sale from the UK site too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You dear mother sounds like someone I would have loved to meet. It sounds to me like her love for her children was magical, and that kind of power never goes away. You are a lucky, lucky, lucky woman. I bet she will always watch over you ;-)

      I hope you enjoy AlmaMia very much!

      Delete
  3. Your witchy soul is a true soul though Magaly my love. A true soul whose guidance you can trust is far more precious then any riches you could own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a sweetheart, Dragonfly. I have a lot of opinions, so I figure I should share them freely. It is a great feeling when someone finds some kind of comfort--and even better companionship--in my words. And yes, that can't be bought.

      Delete
  4. Methinks, I need to get a Kindle sometime... all the cool people I know publish on Amazon for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Methinks (did you know methinks and mayhap are two of my favorite words?) anyhoo, methinks you should try downloading the free application for PC *wink, wink* until you get your Kindle. That way you get to enjoy all the goodies ;-)

      Delete
  5. *growls at blogger*
    Ok, no problem, I write my comment again. ;)

    I just said, I need to get a Kindle. All the cool people I know publish on amazon for the Kindle, so I should get one one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, I think I stop messing with blogger and get a coffee now... lols.
      Just one more thing: Magaly Pagan Culture is the most awesome mix of writing and witching I've ever seen. You rock. :)

      Delete
    2. I think Blogger was just having a go at you; it's probably chuckling right now. Just kidding, sometimes there is a little delay.

      Your comment about Pagan Culture put a smile the size of the moon on my face ;-D

      Delete
  6. I don't know... For people like me who like to feel every choice I make is my own - including to buy or not to buy - that was a perfect sales pitch. Now if I only had a Kindle...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I only had... oh, I can't wait to share a Christopher Moore quote with you. But I'm holding it for a little while. It's hilarious.

      Delete
  7. i'm not a good sales person either...not at all. especially when it comes to my art...

    anyway...i've mentioned before that i don't have a kindle...just a nook, and unfortunately the ebooks are not interchangeable. oh well...i DID just download the free app for kindle on my laptop though...so off i go...to BUY AlmaMia!! :)

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, free application! I hope you enjoy it a lot. I can't wait to hear what you think.

      Delete
    2. i have your Alma...but between the hectic-ness...of life... lately, i still haven't sat down and read. i sure am looking forward to it though!!

      magaly...will you be doing the same with luna & drake...and all?

      Delete
  8. I hear you on that sales and marketing thing ~ I suck at it too but sadly we have to eat. *sigh* You've done a wonderful job here though, it was honest and heartfelt, who wouldn't love to be 'sold to' in that manner. I'm not a fiction reader so I can't say that I will subscribe (although it's so cool that you offer that!) but I will continue to be inspired by your posts and devour your candid writing style.
    Thanks for being you♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That all misconception of artists eating dreams have to be banished lol

      I understand not liking a particular genre, for instance, I can't stand war fiction. It even puts me in a bad mood. When I publish some nonfiction, I'll let you know. By the way, I would love to know why you don't like fiction. I'm just curious.

      Delete
  9. This is awesome magaly! Ill be purchasing your book soon. Wish it was available through barnes and noble so i could read it on my nook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it won't be available for nook until August, but there is always the free Kindle application for PC *wink, wink*

      Delete
  10. Good Evening Magaly...I look forward to more stories, but can't get them on Kindle as I have a Kobo and a JetBook Lite, and Kindle is proprietary with their stuff...However, If you send to me to proofread, I'll take care of that for you...and enjoy every minute of it...As always, Your witchy friend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second AlmaMia short story is coming in August, and during that time, the first story will be available for most e-readers through Smashwords. I'm kind of excited.

      Proofreader, huh? Me likes... I shall email you soon ;-)

      Delete
  11. Love you Magaly ;o) When things slow down a bit, I have to get the application for PC and get your story ;o) I think I will be actually, printing it out. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. And you are loved right back. By the way, I LOVE the birthday post you wrote for your mom, and the daisies are so beautiful. I hope she has a perfect day today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Come give us a hug, you sweet soul! I will always purchase your fiction with love. Hugs sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mina, how is it that you ALWAYS put a smile on my face? ;-)

      Delete