A Charm Bracelet from AlmaMia Cienfuegos to You…

...and a magical cover from SunshineShelle to me.

It took a grandmother, a librarian and a lot of patience to raise AlmaMia Cienfuegos. To tell the story of the nine-year-old girl, it is taking a witchy writer, a Piano Man, a ray of SunshineShelle, a hot friend with an eye for typos, a magical tree, a donated charm bracelet, a universe of Wicked Darlings and… okay, I have to stop or I’ll never get to the giveaway or to AlmaMia’s blog tour.

AlmaMia Cienfuegos is due to be released *fingers, toes and anything else you can manage crossed* on Tuesday, May 15th. To celebrate, I was going to give away a few copies of the ebook. But the husband of a certain artist friend—he’s shy—said, “Don’t writers give something like a big knife that was used in the story when a book comes out?”

“Some do,” I said. “But I doubt anyone would want the razor AlmaMia used to shave Soledad’s eyebrow.”

We both agreed a used razorblade would be pretty nasty, so a week later, my friend’s husband decided he wanted a lucky Wicked Darling to get this instead:
A little book, a skull and a frog; AlmaMia would be proud of him. I know I am. 
Thank you, Leatherneck, you rock! Oh, stop glaring already, no one but me calls you that.
There will be a total of 13 ebooks given away during AlmaMia’s tour. The luckiest of all my Wicked Darling Luvs, will received an ebook and AlmaMia’s charm bracelet. Each tour stop will have instructions on how to participate. I will link the post titles (below) to the appropriate blogs as I go.

I’m excited—and scared out of my mind—about this one, my Wicked Luvs. Please send some lavender and rosemary scented energy to keep me calm and keep me going. “Let the wild rumpus start!” by sharing your thoughts about Shelles cover. I *sniff, sniff* love it. Yep, Shelly’s brush can see inside my head.  
Amazon US   UK   DE   FR   ES   IT 
In dreams, nine-year-old AlmaMia Cienfuegos chokes on the tears and blood that bubble out of her eyes, while her sister, Soledad, gloats over the younger girl’s broken body.

Mamabuela, AlmaMia’s grandmother, insists Soledad means no harm; and AlmaMia knows the difference between nightmares and reality, but her sister still frightens her. When AlmaMia refuses to hand in a family heirloom, Soledad’s rage sends the Cienfuegos family over the edge.

Set in the Dominican Republic, “AlmaMia Cienfuegos” tells a story where blood deceives, nightmares rot, and sisters wage war on each other.


AlmaMia Cienfuegos’ Blog Stops 
Day 1 – May 15th - Capturing a Moment in AlmaMia Cienfuegos’ Life - SunshineShelle
Day 2 - May 17th - Frogs, Books and Skulls – Miniature Witchy Book - Pagan Culture Weird, I know
Day 3 – May 19th - Truth in AlmaMia Cienfuegos’ Tale - Magic Love Crow
Day 4 – May 21st - AlmaMia Cienfuegos’ Wild Magic - Laura DeLuca  
Day 5 – May 23rd - Grandmothers Are Magical Creatures - Olde Baggs ‘n Stuft Shirts
Day 6 – May 25th - The Strong Women in AlmaMia Cienfuegos’ Life - Green Witch with Sprinkles  
Day 7 – May 27th - AlmaMia Cienfuegos’ Mango Tree - Daydream Believer

Share |

36 comments:

  1. WOw! congrats, Magaly and good luck with the sales!! I'll write a blogpost for promoting it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Simona, you are a star!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous cover....Shelle is such a talented artist, and the colours just melt in my head and bring confidence and strenth :D So excited for you :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, those colors, they remind me of a particular serene tree...

      Delete
  3. Yea! Congratulations on the release, & the sweet cover :)....how big is the big knife.....(note to self: find awesomely balanced big knife & sharpen same)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mm, big knifes... my husband's friend is pretty awesome and, like me, he loves blades. But no blades for this one, maybe for Luna's tale.

      Hey, I was looking for your email, would you send me an email? I don't have yours ;-( (maganlyguerrero @ live . com I want to ask you something.

      Delete
  4. YAY! Congratulations on the upcoming book release! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch, Tori. AlmaMia is very excited about the release of her short bit ;-)

      Delete
  5. Because I've been away, I didn't know you were publishing a book soon! Great cover! All the success in the world to you, Magaly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back, again. I've been enjoying your pics and travel tales ;-)

      Well, you are here now, so read on ;-)

      Delete
  6. Oh, Magaly!! This is so awesome!! Congratulations and lots of lavender rosemary scented love/energy to you!!! I'm so happy for you!

    The cover is great and that bracelet is beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scent just got here ;-) and, yes, in the words of the Little Princess "Shelle is magic."

      Delete
  7. Omgs!! I cannot WAIT!! This is so wonderful!! I've shared on Facebook and will be blogging on the 15th to ensure my readers see it! Just as an extra measure, I'll burn some lavender and rosemary on Tuesday as well. So excited for you and for us, M!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kallan, your enthusiasm woke me up and made me smile. I'm extremely excited, too... and a little scared, but knowing you'll burning herbs for me makes me feel a whole lot better!

      Delete
  8. The cover looks great. It makes me want to know more! Try not to worry too much. I'm sure things will go swimmingly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelle knows how to draw people in, doesn't she? I love what she has done. Thanks so much for the kind words of encouragement, I have a feeling you guys will be the ones responsible for the "swimmingly" ways ;-)

      Delete
  9. This is fantastic! I am so happy and excited for you! I didn't realize Shelle did the cover? Wow! She did a fantastic job! But, Shelle, always does a fantastic job! She is a brilliant artist and you are a brilliant writer, so you two go together like a good cup of tea and a yummy cookie ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Stacy, our Shelle is fantastic all around. Like your, her art gets my words. I can't wait for the opportunity to write something that requires baby crows ;-) I want to be lemon balm and cinnamon tea!

      Delete
  10. So thrilled & excited for you Magaly, happy to be a small cog in this awesome event :) Thanks to all for the lovely comments on the cover, Stacy am I the cookie LOL - Ella, you are sweetness itself & I have seen some snippets of your illustrated stories via Magaly proudly sharing, keep it up Ella, you have so much talent to entertain & visually delight your audience through your tales too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I just noticed you want to be the cookie, how did you know I wanted to be tea? lol Oh, and I think Ella is unstoppable, so not so much work needed on my part ;-)

      I am so pleased with this cover, Shelle. Just wait until I write about it ;-)

      Delete
  11. Oh & the prizes are much better than a used razor - YUKKY ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like lots of fun! Can't wait to read the whole story! (Don't forget to set options to "international". ^^ )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going to post a review tomorrow. I can't wait to see the charm bracelet. Since you are doing a tour, does that date work for you or would you like a different day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I can't wait to read your review. No, I'm not nervous, of course not. Not even a bit. I'm just babbling about it, so you know that I'm not nervous. Not at all, nope. Nay.

      Thanks so much for reviewing ;-)

      Delete
  14. I love Shelle's art ... she is so creative and imaginative! This cover is amazing ... it draws one to the book and to seek the mysteries that lie within.

    This is a super combination of two very talented and imaginative ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will say it again, Shelle, Stacy and Gina have a creepy way to paint what I'm thinking--and everybody knows how I love "creepy" so I adore them!

      Delete
  15. This is exciting! Congrats! You must be vibrating so fast you're probably tethered so you don't fly away. I know I would be - I'm excitable. Squee! This is wonderful, Magaly. Now breathe. You smell that? Yes, it's lavender and rosemary in the air swirling about you.

    Sunshineshelle is awesome - very talented. I agree with IrelandBrady about Sunshineshelle's art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am extremely excited, even with the delay *crosses fingers and hope it doesn't last* I'm still all giggles. Your "Squee!" has been echoed ;-)

      Delete
  16. Congratulations Magaly! This is so exciting and richly deserved! With your writing talent and Shelle's visual art talent--this book is sure to be both popular and successful! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Shelle does make everything better, doesn't she?

      Delete