A Sexy, Dark and Bloody Phantom for a New Generation

Guest Post by Laura DeLuca

I was so excited to see that this year’s party theme was going to be about breaking stereotypes. My newest novel, Phantom, recently released from Pagan Writers Press, is about much the same thing. The story is a modern day version of the “Phantom of the Opera”.

In my book, a high school is performing the musical and a Gothic Pagan, who goes by Lord Justyn, is cast in the role of the Phantom. Much like the character he portrays, Justyn finds himself an outcast among his average, everyday classmates, especially when strange things start to happen on and off the stage.  

The original Phantom was hated and feared because of the scars on his face, and Justyn finds himself in the same position because of the clothes he wears. To quote Justyn himself,

“The Phantom is supposed to teach you that it isn’t the way someone looks that makes him a monster, but the way he’s treated that can turn him into one.”

This is one witch who is definitely dark and sexy.  But you’ll have to read the book to find out whether or not he followed in the original Phantom’s footsteps and got a little bloody. You can order Phantom on Amazon or direct from Pagan Writers Press.
Phantom by Laura DeLuca  
***
I’m convinced Laura chose the above quote just so I couldn’t keep myself from reading her book. Don’t you, too, want to know more about Justyn and his world? Well, my Wicked Luvs, I will have to buy my own book, but one of you will get a copy of Phantom, one crystal point, a geode, and two boxes of incense as a gift.

This is all you need to do to enter this giveaway:   
1.  What do you think about Justyn’s words?
2. Spread the word (on Facebook or Twitter or your blog…) let everyone know about the release of Phantom by Laura DeLuca and leave me a link.

Extra Entries:
1. Be a Wicked Darling (follow Pagan Culture)
2. Blog about this entry, and leave a link to the post
3. Tweet about this entry, and leave a link to the tweet
4. Follow my writing site
5. Follow Laura DeLuca’s blog
* This giveaway ends April 17th at 12:13pm EST.
** The lucky winner will be chosen via Randomizer. I’ll announce her or his name on April 19th at 12:13am EST. Great luck, my Luvs ;-) 

Share |

34 comments:

  1. I always thought the point of that story was how awful ugly people are and how they will inevitably ruin a perfectly good evening. Like when one insists on being in EVERY picture with you and your real friends on a rare night out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I mention that I missed you? I was in a need of a gut-shaking laugh inspired by plain old truth lol

      Delete
  2. Hahaha...just read Militant Queer's comment :D Guess he is determined to break the stereo-type that all gay men are instinctualy loving in nature :D
    I personally agree with Justyn :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my dear Militant Queer hacked the head of that "stereo-type" a long time a go. And every time someone tries to reattached the head, he kicks it a little.

      "stereo-type" ha!

      Delete
    2. Don't go Chet! Don't get on that ship! To serve humans is . . . . IT'S A COOK BOOK!

      The only gays I know who are instinctively loving in nature are the ones who look like they've never seen nature, or the outside of a hostess factory.

      :)

      Delete
    3. "To Serve Human" It sounds like a ghoul cook book indeed.

      Delete
  3. What great gifts! I've seen Laura's newest book around the PWC and am have been hoping to read it soon. Now that I've read a bit of a teaser (the quote is quite accurate at times IMO), I'm even more excited about it!

    Laura's Author page is gorgeous. I think I'm already a follower but will double check.

    Of course I'm a Wicked (extra wicked at times) Darling and follow your writing site as well.

    I've been working on parts 2 and 3 (conclusion) to your story for your birthday/Blog Party (having a bit of trouble since I'm terrible at "finishing what I start" and have little practice writing fiction...okay, so almost none, LOL. What was I getting at? Oh yeah, so that's why I've been slacking lately with a few things but hoping to get up a post about "Phantom" very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do follow Laura's site.

      I'm not sure how to link to just one thing I put on Facebook but the latest thing I discussed was Laura's book: http://www.facebook.com/paganbydesign

      Delete
  4. I think Justyn's words are very powerful and true! I think it was like two months ago, when a boy from Australia, had enough of the bulling he was having from these other boys and he finally fought back. It was on the news! I was proud of him! It's like when people won't even talk to someone, if they are a "larger" person, or someone who is out of "their class". Bullshit!!! Ok, I am talking too much! But, one last thing, I can totally see someone being pushed so much, that they finally break!
    Love the prize and would love to win them ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a Wicked Darling ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I follow your writing site ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm soo excited, it's almost party time & I plan on reading EVERYTHING & entering giveaways & maybe having a glass of wine, I think this party will rock :) OK... those words are PERFECT! Well written & wise! Oh & Stacy is right about that dude, bully's beware, the nice kids aren't going to keep taking crap forever, no matter what their size or sporting ability! Laura's novel is a great idea - very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura has billions of followers, & now has a billions & 1... OK maybe I exaggerated but not on the extra 1, that's me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You just know I'm a Wicked Darlin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, following your writing site too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forgot to say, I am following Laura's site ;o) I agree with Shelle, she has billions of followers, I will be billions and 2 ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. New follower of Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Writing blog follower

    ReplyDelete
  14. Justlyn's words are very true, it is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

    I tweeted about this post!
    https://twitter.com/#!/TwilightDew7/status/191283873353695232

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think Justyn's words are sadly true. People's words can damage a soul some things are just beyond one's ability to tolerate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. People are so strange.

      Delete
  16. I agree 100% with Justyn's words. The ugliness in people's words and actions can make one bitter if that person is alone and has no reprieve.

    ReplyDelete
  17. And I'm a new Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it. It's not the same old line "it's what's inside that counts" but the fact that if you are treated poorly over a period of time, that person will start to behave that way. There was a movie version of Frankenstein where the monster was really a loveable giant. He had a few people who were good to him but for the most part he was treated like someone to be feared or taunted, his own creator treated him with disgust. I think it's called The Bride, it stars Sting.

    Facebook
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Mary Shelley would have liked that interpretation.

      Delete
  19. I am following Laura's blog now too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. And I'm an idiot...I just saw it ended yesterday. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw this comment and giggled. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

      Delete