My Lover Rocked My World, Again

I was going to wait until after the Sexy, Dark & Bloody Fiction party was over, and the winners were announced, to share the cutest birthday presents in the world. But my heart couldn’t keep the secret any longer. These are not the official pictures—the ones of me screaming and hugging my 151-year-old dictionary—those pictures will come later. Today, I’m sharing the gifts from three special people: my Piano Man, the Little Princess and Oma Linda.

My lover rocked my world, again. Last year I got an antique typewriter, which I was sure was the best present. EVER. Then I opened this baby:
I wish you could touch it, smell it, and enjoy the way words have changed over the years. Okay, so you’ll get the chance to do latter, for I’ll share as I read. And in case you are worried about the state of your soul, don’t be. The 1861 Webster’s Unabridged Dictionary is “Authorized literature of the first Church of Christ, Scientist in Boston, Massachusetts.” Don’t believe me? I have proof:
After my entire being and soul stopped bursting and squealing with delight, my heart was melted by the Little Princess; she made me a frog evolution chain (will share that later) and the most adorable bookmark. The one with a rainbow, a turtle and frogs is from her. And the one with the whimsical camouflaged frog is from my Piano Man. Yes, this Witch loves her frogs.
Then Oma Linda completed my birthday bliss with charm and originality. I’m not showing all the gifts, for I’m using some for spells and I don’t usually share those. But here are the ones that have become part of my ever growing altar. I can’t remember how much time I spent playing with this little donkey and his heart, and with what has to be the perfect skull for me. In case you can’t see it, the skull has a number 13 on it!

And what Witch can be truly lucky without the sea in a charm?
Actually, you get to see one more of Oma Linda’s gifs. See that flowery cauldron with the petals and the feather? Yep, from my Oma!
 Here are a few more pictures of my Spring 2012 altar space.
The biggest present I got this year exists only in my heart, and perhaps in every one of my smiles. I have my Piano Man, who couldn’t be more perfect if I had conjured him myself. I have a Little Princess, who surprises me every day and reminds me why children are the best thing this world has to offer. I have Oma Linda, who I can only describe as a third grandmother. And I have all the happiness that knowledge provides… plus a garden of witchy sisters, and brothers, and… yeah, that, too.

I’m a happy 35-year-old Witch.

Share |

43 comments:

  1. OMG....feeling soooooo jealous, and soooooo happy for you at the same time. I don't know about coveting your ass, but I sure covet that dictionary! I thought I'd done well finding one in a junk shop from 1932!!! Congratulations on being sooooooo loved :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually a little jealous of my Piano Man's searching/finding skills myself. I'm been looking for a dictionary that old for a long, long time, and nothing... then he gets me this. Yay!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful birthday! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Sunfire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed. I think I'll feed on it until next year and beyond ;-)

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! Love the dictionary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Beautiful gifts, and beautiful altar! I'd love to have an altar like that, but nothing stays clean in this house for more than a few minutes. Thankfully the joy of having my kids home with me every day is worth the messy house. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debi, I'll send you a pic of the kid's jungle that is our living room, so you can feel better. We have a six-year-old who fills our lives with kisses, toys, drawings, rocks, sticks... and the occasional toot lol

      The bedroom is our sanctuary and my writing and witching space. I might go insane otherwise.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you had the most perfect birthday ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How absotively, posolutely fabu. The dictionary is to die for....and be envious of (hanging participle). And pressie from the princess (all the saveables that must be), delightful. And I'm so delighted that you liked your mish mash of "Magaly is loved" birthday giftees from me. And you are the sweetest and of course deserve the bestest....including me. OH did I just cop an attitude, why yes I did. Smooches and squoozes to the best grand of my heart, I could as for. Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can I not go absolutely crazy? I loved everything, especially the prickly organic trio *wink, wink* I'm putting it to good use.

      You are the best!

      Delete
  7. ask for, ask for....sheesh, old woman hands....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the k is just invisible ;-)

      Delete
  8. A happy belated birthday wishes!
    (Very cool presents!) =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A huge Happy Birthday to you, Dear Aries Sister!
    Is yours the 15th? Mine the 14th!

    That dictionary is incredible...and in the right hands....for, anyone who has read your blog knows you will absolutely treasure it!

    Here's to another wonderful year of life!
    Hugs,
    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy belated birthday to you, too. Mine is the 5th ;-)

      Delete
  10. Your Piano Man has the Gift! He could put a run on the money with 'The Finder' (t.v. show, if you haven't watched) :) Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! He always finds the best presents, ever. For our first All Hallow's Eve, he got me a sundial and the most amazing metal frog. I was squealing then, too ;-)

      Delete
  11. Oh wow Magaly! Everything is so wonderful and special! Just like you! You deserve all of this! Happy Birthday my friend ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All I can say right now because I'm overwhelmed with awe is, WOW! You should set up tours so we can visit your dictionary. You’re so blessed, you’re radiating!

    On a side note, can you do me a favor? Can you ask The Finder – I mean – Piano Man, if he can find me an old printing of the bible? A really old, old version of it. It can be ancient Greek or Latin (which would be newer). He doesn’t have to obtain it, just point the way. If that’s too easy for him then he can find The Maltese Falcon. I know that it was a novel and a film, but he’s The Finder, he can find it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Radiating, indeed!

      I'll relate your message to The Finder ;-)

      Delete
  13. The dictionary...ooooohhhh!! I love that! What a wonderful gift...I would love to receive that as well. Lucky girl!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like a million bucks. And I can't stop looking up words. It is so incredible how the meaning of certain words have evolved.

      Delete
  14. Magaly, i love your 150 year old book, and I can smell the aroma of it's vintage cover, and pages because I know that scent so well, and love it!!!

    What beautiful gifts you have received from Oma Linda. Your altar is very nice also. Thank you for sharing~~~

    Big Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know exactly what I'm talking about it ;-)

      Delete
  15. Happy Belated Birthday. All the best for 35! I think it's a great year, personally!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Belated Birthday! I hate being late on stuff. I so suck these days.:(

    But! The presents are fabulous! I love them!

    I still don't even have my altar up in this new house....wow.....I'm about a 9 point Oh oh the "Slacker Witch" o meter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias. And don't feel to bad, I moved my writing studio a month ago and I still have boxes around the house. Busy Witch.

      Delete
  17. Wow! That's about the best I can come up with. The dictionary is definitely something to be coveted. You are a very loved woman.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so happy for you Magaly! You're definitely one truly loved woman - and you deserve it! It looks like the loves of your life have you pretty well figured out - bookmarks and all. Thank you for sharing some of your amazing gifts with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Polly. And it is my pleasure to share.

      Delete
  19. I'm literally drooling over that dictionary. I LOVE old books. I think of all the many people who have enjoyed it over the years. I have a copy of The Iliad from the late 1800s and it's my prize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have heard me or see me when I got it. I might have been squealing and hugging it... for a while lol. The Iliad from the late 1800s? Yum!

      Delete
  20. i just came from your NEXT post...where you looked up LOVE...and now...i get to see ALL your gifts...so many things to treasure.

    but like Lilac Wolf...i'm drooling too! over the dictionary!!
    OH, and happy (late) birthday...sending wishes for a wickedly wonderful year ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes and for joining the drooling team ;-)

      Delete
  21. Oh Magaly, what wonderful gifts! That dictionary is an amazing treasure. I love the way your beloved Piano Man (and the Little Princess) REALLY know you. They know your heart, your soul and your inner dreams. Both your gift from last year and this one are truly original and special. Give that lover of yours a super big hug from me for knowing when he has a good thing and being man enough to show it.

    Oma Linda is such a treasure. I just love her too! Warmest hugs to you, my lovely 35 year old witch. Mina

    ReplyDelete