Blood Lust

Because I want to win a Kindle Fire, and because Zoe Winters’ books are delicious, I’ve been rereading Blood Lust. The first time I read the book, the following quote made me chuckle, and you know what? it did it again. I thought I should share it with you:
“Anthony removed a paperback from the rack beside the checkout without looking at the title and placed it on the counter....

She took his money, made the change, and slipped the book into the opaque green shopping bag. Her eyes widened when she when she glimpsed the title. ‘You just bought a book on menstruation, Anthony. Were you aware?’

He shrugged and smiled, revealing the barest hint of fang. ‘I like blood.’ He scooped the bag up, gave her one last meaningful look, then drifted out of the store.”

Gotta love an earthy vamp! Hm, I want the Kindle Fire for myself (actually if I win it, it will go to my Piano Man, but shhh, don’t tell him). Anyhoo, I want you to have the chance to win it, too. So stop by Zoe Winters’ blog and join her Easter Egg Hunt.

You must read at least two of her books to have a chance to win the big prize. All four books are on sale until April 8th at midnight, but the Egg Hunt is not over until April 15th. And even if you don’t have the books (although you should get them because they are yummy) you can still enter the general giveaway and win other lovely gifts.

Um... I want you to stay here and all, but seriously, my Wicked Luvs, what are you waiting for? Go to Zoe’s and hunt for some eggs!

The quote makes perfect sense, doesn’t it? vampires do like their blood *chuckles*

7 comments:

  1. One day I'll have a Kindle... I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mina, that quote is hilarious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made me chuckle as well. More books for my "To read" pile... I think I will really abandon the TV completely and read at night. Worked out beautifully while I was living alone and did not have a TV, but with the BF... let's see how that goes. It feels as if it is taking me ages to finish even the shortest book, and there are so many great ones out there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave up on TV, mostly, but it helps that my Piano Man reads as much as I do and doesn't watch much TV either.

      Delete
  4. Just got a great deal on a used one this weekend, so I hope you can win it for your Piano Man...sounds like he deserves a fun gadget. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does deserve all kinds of cool stuff ;-)

      Delete