Wind Howls of Flidais

He didn’t trust her.

I felt him use both hands to push her into the deep. Woodlands adorning her earthy crown vanished. The wettest flow of Carrowmore Lough engulfed her wilds.

“She was dirt!” He yelled into me.

I carried the stench of his words into the hearts of bards. They wept for her. They wrote songs of witchy lust, shape shifting beauty, of endless milk. With tear-marked scribbles, they protected her. The bards’ words kept her being.

I howl the delight of her name from Ireland to New York City. And I call, “Tree, animal, stone, water…, Nature’s Wild Things, join in world-quaking roar and holler her song back into me.” 

I’ll howl veracity into the hearts of hearing ears. “Flidais was,” I’ll gust. 
Flidais is, I’ll scream. Flidais will always be The Goddess of Wild Things!”     

Celtic, 1st of
hosted by Timeless Rituals
“drawing, painting, bead work,
woodcarving, papier maché,
mixed media” and, of course,
witchy writing!

Share |

30 comments:

  1. sweet zombie goddess3/05/2012

    So beautiful!  How will I ever even get close to matching that?  Love it!

    \IiiI

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooow! Tingling with emotion and subdued rage :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slommler3/05/2012

    Beautiful and powerful,!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too awesome, my sweet zombie Luv!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! I have a feeling there will be a sequel to this *cough, cough* and the bastard who did the drowning won't like it one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a talent you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Timeless Rituals3/05/2012

    It strung some chords inside me. That's a poem!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ForestWalkArt/laura kinney3/05/2012

    THAT was GREAT!!  mooooore   pleeease....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo glad you liked it. It was such fun to write!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ask and you shall receive... soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved it.  And thanks so much for pointing me to the blog project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Magaly, fantastic!!! Beautiful and powerful!!! I loved it!!!! Flidais, the shape shifter ;o)) Great stuff!!! Can't wait till next week ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Natasha May3/05/2012

    You are so good with words! :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! I'm glad you are having fun, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is quite fun to write about. I'm quite excited about next week, too. I can't wait to what goddess shape your crow will take ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. lilacwolf3/06/2012

    Yes more, please.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. greekwitch3/06/2012

    This was amazing. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Next week, I shall deliver ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So happy you do, Tori luv.

    ReplyDelete
  20. And you are too kind ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Magaly, my witchy heart soars with the power of this beautiful tribute! I am simply at a loss of words for this masterpiece. I must go read it again. 

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay! And next week Pagan Culture will be visited by a Babylonian Goddess. I can hardly wait. I find Babylonia and the Sumerian culture beyond intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. SunshineShelle3/08/2012

    OMG-ess wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I nearly gave my Piano Man a heart attack with my laughter, when I read "OMG-ess!" I'm so stealing this expression lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. Enthralling! Love it!

    ReplyDelete