Balanced between the Psychedelic and the Sublime

I’m busy out of my witchy mind with midterm exams, writing deadlines and home rearranging that can’t be rescheduled. Those are the reasons why, this week and the next, my visits to your cyber homes might be erratic, short or nonexistent.

But I must take a couple of minutes to share this quote, for it reminds me of the importance of embracing flesh and spirit as a whole:

“We are both man and woman. My brothers can be tender as mothers with their infants. Women can fight like tigers. Do you see? We are all a mist of each. Power starts when you strike the proper balance. Believe me when I tell you that the woman part of you is the better part. But you are also a man.” The Hummingbird’s Daughter by Luis Alberto Urrea

Read you soon, my Wicked Luvs; my hot womanly self and her tender he-tiger within better go devour some more Romantic poets. Yes, they are delicious.
I wanted to say something deep and witty about this balanced tribute to body and spirit, but I kept on staring at his legs, her arms, their butts and going "Awesome dudes, so freaking awesome!"

I borrowed this image from Lexiconicles
P.S. If you ever get the chance, analyze this picture after reading Blake, Pope, Byron, Coleridge, Wordsworth, Mary Shelley, Keats and Swift. Seriously, I can only describe the experience as something that exists somewhere between the psychedelic and the sublime—Yum!

Share |

22 comments:

  1. Fabulous quote Magaly...and that photo!!!!
    Take as long a time out as you need, then when your work schedule slows down you will enjoy visiting all the more :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I will be able to rejoice in all your colors ;-)

      Delete
  2. Great quote!

    Just stop by when you can; my posts will be there when you have time to read any of them you feel like reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quote!! Oh my...the bodies are definitely sublime.
    Hugs
    Good luck this week
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sublime and super freaking strong lol

      Delete
  4. For such a short post, this was absolutely amazing. I love the excerpt. Good luck with all the crazy!

    I've been missing you lately. You've been in my thoughts for some reason. But I've been very flighty in the Blogger world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall come and visit you soon, and see what you are up to. I hope your thoughts of me were all good ;-)

      Delete
  5. Love this quote!!! And, this image is freaking awesome! Stop in when you can my friend ;o) We all understand ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is much easier with understanding friends, even when we are the worse worriers who ever lived.

      Hugs right back at you!

      Delete
  6. Super beautiful post..and yes that image is sublime and beautiful! Good luck on your exams!
    Shine on..and Happy Spring
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Victoria, I might need some of that luck. So much reading, and not all of it is enjoyable *sigh*

      I hope your spring is as bright as your words.

      Delete
  7. I've just had the busiest day of my life...or so it seems. I'm thoroughly enjoying The New Death and Others...it best be in your tbr pile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading it next week! Can't wait to read your guest review ;-)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks, hon. I need the good energies!

      Delete
  9. hey...no apologies for not visiting...are needed. you do what life calls for. we'll all be here...

    love the quote...
    and that pose. wow. oneness. powerful. love. life.

    good luck with your exams. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful quote so full of truth. The blending of the opposites are as natural as hunger and sex. And that picture...OMG! Is that not incredibly gorgeous???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture is hot!
      And talking about hot, I better go stop by your blog and see about your adventures ;-0

      Delete
  11. You'll notice the hot tub is glistening from the sun? I do have a couple of slightly burned bits. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glistening with good old jealousy. What a beautiful place!

      Delete