Witchy Logistics

I had the best fiction workshop ever. The story I submitted wasn’t great; not even good. It was a ten-page long example of what happens when I write a story in one day and fail to revise it. So why was it the best discussion of one of my stories ever? Because a few of my writing mates answered every question I had about the tale. Nope, I didn’t even have to ask, they were just that fantabulous. That, my Wicked Luvs, have never happened to me before. Life is good!

And while I’m on the subject of things that get better when discussed, clarified and revised, let me tweak the Witchy Books Reading Challenge 2012 and the Sexy, Dark & Bloody: Pagan Culture’s 3rd Blogoversary Party:

On the Reading Challenge Front – this is more of a reminder/um… the-first-idea-didn’t-work-so-let’s-try-something-different post. In the beginning, I suggested you added the links to your 2012 reviews at the end of your announcements. This would offer a central spot for all your reading news. I would like to offer an alternative. Whenever you review a book for the witchy reading challenge, send me an email with the link. Or follow KimR’s brilliant steps and leave the information in a comment. Make sure you link the post to the challenge page or I might miss it. I’m adding those links to the main challenge page.   

Blogoversary Party Bits – my beloved Stacy made a very good inquiry. She asked, “Magaly, is this your Witches In Fiction party from last year and you have renamed it??” The answer is yes and no. Let me explain: every Pagan Culture blogoversary party will be about witches in fiction—what can I say? I’m kind of in love with the topic. Nevertheless, every year, I’ll offer a different subtheme. 2012 is the year to challenge the witches in fiction stereotypes that make you growl deep in the throat of your soul. I would like you to share your sentiments on the issue through your “artistic weapon of choice.” Mine is writing stories, what’s yours?
In fiction, witches seem to buy from the same clothing store, which only sales black clothes.
As you can see in this picture, some real Witches choose to wear enough pink to make others go blind.
But don’t I look wicked cute (and modest) in pink in front of Excalibur with Merlin hugging the world from afar?

23 comments:

  1. Pixie Allen2/15/2012

    you are fantabulous my wicked darling, love you lady, and you look beautiful in any colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2.   Pretty convinced I will turn into a frog if I ever wear that much pink   :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda Wildenstein2/15/2012

    in all your glorious pinkness, you look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks my friend ;o) And you  look so cute and beautiful! You are a darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, but let me be honest--brilliance had nothing to do with it, m'dear. I just don't know how to link this new-fangled thingamabob to any doohickeys!

    And pinktabulous isn't a word, but you get the drift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad I'm no longer there. We could have conjured massive trouble and good times in equal parts. Shooting range and cocktails anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  7. And you are too sweet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pink frog? I might have to collect you and keep you with me forever, so be careful what you wish for (even if by accident ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My "glorious pinkness" lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you dare tell the Little Princess that "pintabulous isn't a word!" 

    Hm, we might have to share some emails, in order to get you "new-fangled thingamabob to any doohickeys!" linking proficient ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can just imagine... but that doesn't mean that we can't do it one of these days *wink, wink*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Slommler2/16/2012

    Fabulous darling...looking good in pink for sure!!!  Have you visited pyramid.com??  Cool clothing!!!  I think you would like the Pyramid Collection!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Slommler2/16/2012

    It's The Pyramid Collection.com I think...pyramid.com doesn';t work  LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lilacwolf2/16/2012

     You can wear any color you like so long as you keep writing and keep inspiring others to write.  :)  I created a "Page" for my Witchy Reading Challenge - I'm writing the review like normal and then posting the cover image and a link to the review on that page.  Now I'm confused on what you want - I'll just e-mail you then.  LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like pink things.  Oh, but don't tell my Mam; she goes a bit over-the-top when I mention liking anything girly, and I tend to end up with loads of things I don't really like just because they losely fall in to the catagory.  She thinks I don't like pink that much but wear it, "to please her," when she buys me the odd pink item of clothing.  That way she doesn't over-do it on the pinkness, but I still get pink things from time to time. *Winks*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gods! SueAnn, you are a terrible, terrible, adorable woman. I just went to Pyramid Collection, and I might be in lust with, well, all the dresses. There is a little Lara Dress (
    http://www.pyramidcollection.com/itemdy00.asp?ID=51,610&GEN1=Dresses&T1=P87721+XS&dispRow=268&srccode=)  that seems to be talking to me.

    P.S. I had to fix the link in your comment because the first one sent me to a computer place. 

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks my dear. Keep on sending me emails or leaving me the links on a comment and I'll continue to update your book list!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just pictured your mom dancing around a huge pile of pink clothes for you and you smiling a little terrified because she is singing that life is pinkalicious and pinktastic. Don't ask me where that came from because I don't know lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweetie, I've been getting that catalog for ages. Fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fun and then some. It is sooo beautiful! 

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look wicked gorgeous in pink!

    ReplyDelete