Submitting Your Lovely Bits

Is it me, or does this title sound kinky?

If it looks naughty to you, too, then get your minds out of the gutter, m’luvs. This entry won’t touch that kind of kink. This is all about logistics and a few tiny updates. I was supposed to publish this post near the end of the 2011 All Hallow’s Eve season, which was my time to clean up, clarify, and tie-up loose ends. But, um, I can’t even remember why I didn’t write it then. Hm, weird… So here is a bit of Pagan Culture Way-Post-All Hallow’s Eve cleansing and my February I Can Change One Thing entry:

Witchy Fiction – Pagan Fiction in 113 Words or Less is no more. At least not the way it used to be. There will be no more monthly submissions. I will continue to post short bits of witchy fiction, every now and then, but I’ll only accept your entries from February 27th to March 11th of every year. Your work will be published during the days prior to Pagan Culture’s annual blogoversary party. The stories should follow the party theme. I’ll provide a new theme, every year, in mid-February.

Review Requests – I will only accept requests from Wicked Darlings, meaning individuals who follow Pagan Culture. And when it comes to books… I love reading, but my days—like yours—are precious. I don’t have time to explain what authors should expect from one of my reviews; following Pagan Culture eliminates that need. Also, I rarely write traditional reviews, and I don’t assess every book I read. If I choose to share my thoughts on a piece of writing, I might focus on a character, an idea, a place, perhaps select a quote… most of the time I choose a method after I’m finished reading a tale. Please consider this before asking me to read or review your work.

I Can Change One Thing, and I did – I’ve updated my blog to make it more effective. I’ve also corrected a grammatical horror that had been driving me insane for ages. The title of my Pagan fiction feature *say that 13 times fast* included the phrase “113 Words or Less,” but it should have said ‘fewer’ instead of ‘less.’ Go on, my Wicked Darlings, laugh. I feel so pleased about the correction that I’m willing to embrace a bit of ridicule *exhales, grins, feels better, and cackles in glee*.
Sexy Smiley pinback button from Listia
Share |

17 comments:

  1. It's your blog, and your life, so whatever makes you happy... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diandra Linnemann2/05/2012

    Hey, you won! The giveaway, that is... I'll wrap everything up and send it your way the coming week (I hope)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it is time for a spring clean....been trying to do that to my blog, but could take while all hallows lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will follow you anywhere you take this blog, m'love. If you're happy with change, I'm happy. Just don't stop writing (grammar mistakes and all), because we'd all be poorer in spirit if that happened. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too sweet, dear Kallan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lilacwolf2/06/2012

    I love the changes.  We can't ever buy more time, it has to be spent wisely.  I have to be honest with authors when I don't think I'll enjoy it.  I love to read, but it gets to be a chore to wade through something that just doesn't tickle my interest.  And for the record, I love your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe that you had let the "less" "fewer" thing go on for so long!!!  it's awful!!!  Actually, I didn't even notice...teehee...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to tidy up some loose ends on my blog as well and just have not taken the time. As you said, our time is so precious! Yes, I'll admit my mind was in the gutter when I read your title. Red blooded witch here. ;-) I love that sexy smiley pin button. Too adorable! Hugs sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I post things on twitter and then realize I made a mistake and delete and redo it. So I understand that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is nothing more excruciating than to read something you don't enjoy. I know all about it; the fiction I read for school isn't always interesting *growls*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I envy you for not noticing. I noticed a few days after everybody had taken the buttons and submitted stuff. I told myself that I could live with it. It seems I could only for a while lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mind and yours were walking hand in hand ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Editing is a pleasure, isn't it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yeah especially when you add in that I'm a horrible speller and I have dyslexia and my Yoda speak. =}

    ReplyDelete