Let love…

I spent the last few weeks with flight attendants, witches, poets, zombies, dragons, girls falling in love... Here are some bits from my reading travels:

Landing by Emma Donoghue
“I miss all of you I know... and all of you I’ve never known, too.” This quote describes the feeling that fills my heart when distance and time stand between me and the man I love.   

Witch & Wizard by Gabrielle Charbonnet and James Patterson
“They’re afraid of change, and we must change.
They’re afraid of the young, and we are the young.
They’re afraid of music, and music is our life.
They’re afraid of books, and knowledge, and ideas.
They’re most afraid of our magic.” Interesting… who would’ve known?

The Caldecott Chronicles by R.B. Bullet
“Could you spot the difference between, say, an undead and a drunkard exiting a public house during twilight hours?” Hm, I don’t know... Walking dead? Dead drunk walking? Tough to tell.

Witches Under Way by Debora Geary
“Words have power. And when you put them out there, it makes them real for other people, and maybe it changes the world a little… Or maybe it changes you.” A writer can only hope… and write on ;-)

Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden
“Don’t let ignorance win. Let love…” Short, powerful and true.

Eragon por Cristopher Paolini
“Ten presente que mucha gente ha muerto por sus creencias; en realidad es algo bastante común. El auténtico valor es vivir y sufrir por lo que uno cree.” And in English, “Keep in mind that many people have died for their beliefs; it’s actually quite common. The real courage is in living and suffering for what you believe.” It remains true in both languages, doesn’t it?

***
Stacy is “Sharing the Love” with a giveaway that makes my witchy reader’s heart want to do a happy dance. Aren’t these bookmarks just precious?
So go on, my Wicked Darlings, stop by Magic Love Crow for a chance to win the ACEO bookmarks and many other lovely painted treasures. Stacy rocks!

***
Lastly, I wish to share William Blake’s “The Clod & the Pebble.” Wicked...

“Love seeketh not itself to please,
Nor for itself hath any care,
But for another gives its ease,
And builds a heaven in hell’s despair.”
So sung a little Clod of Clay,
Trodden with the cattle’s feet,
But a Pebble of the brook
Warbled out these metres meet:
“Love seeketh only Self to please,
To bind another to its delight,
Joys in another’s loss of ease,
And builds a hell in heaven’s despite.”      

Share |

14 comments:

  1. My fav book quote is the one from Eregon...never could understand the martyred cause. Better to stick around and get your hands dirty :D And I drool over the William Blake...such a well balanced individual I think :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. SunshineShelle2/12/2012

    All these words to ponder & I'm on my way to bed... to think... to dream...
    & I have my eye on those bookmarks, but we can arm wrestle in the morn zzzz good post, William Blake, ahhh he is superb, nitey nitex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent quotes; some wonderful words to ponder...

    *Giggles at Jaws' attempt at reading the Spanish quote* I guess Jaws can't speak Spanish. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slommler2/12/2012

    Love the quotes...I will add...They are afraid of our creativity and have asked us to leave!!
    True story!
    The living and suffering for what you believe...that is the hard part for sure.
    Love you girl
    Hugs
    SUeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quotes Magaly! Very powerful and strong! I am going to write some down in my special book ;o) You shared my giveaway?? Thanks ;o) But, you know, you shouldn't have did that, it's harder to win with more people! LOL! Wait till you see, what I have been working on for your party! I might give a sneak preview ;o) Have a great day ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lilacwolf2/13/2012

    I love those quotes.  It feels like where we are now, especially that one about how they hate change.  But things have to change, or it will go very wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful quotes, sweet Magaly. My favorites are "Witch and Wizard" and "Eragon". And of course, who can deny the delicious poetry of William Blake? Be well and stay beautiful, my dear friend. Always, Mina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree; the whole bit about dying gets on the way of, um, living and enjoying the results of sticking to your guns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you dreamed about wonderful quotes and William Blake's superb poetry ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mr. Konka (the voice of my Kindle on text-to-speech) sounds hilarious when he tries to read Spanish, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess they fear those who can interpret and portrait the chaos within. Too bad because there is no way to stop it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Silly me! I can't believe I lowered my possibilities *sigh* Well, I feel like a winner already, knowing you are working on something wicked cool for the party ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The idea of eternal stagnation makes me want to vomit and run around screaming.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Delicious" that is exactly how I would describe Blake. A rich treat to savor slowly and thoughtfully...

    ReplyDelete