Spilled Innards

Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Steve Hockensmith, 2, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12
“Walking out in the middle of a funeral would be, of course, bad form. So attempting to walk out on one’s own was beyond the pale.” Nope, m’luvs, can’t forget your manners just because you’ve reached zombie status.

Dreadfully Ever After by Steve Hockensmith, 2, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12
“...and it was heaven...even if she was standing in the spilled innards of a disemboweled dreadful.” Love is such a powerful thing. It even affects your sense of smell.

Unstable Environment by Marcia Colette, 2, 5, 9, 12
“I’ll sue the fucking cotton out of his pants!” … I nearly died laughing. Yep, I have the sense of humor of six-year-old boy who has watched too much grownup TV.  

Spilled innards, ha!

In case you are wondering about my Get Off Your Broom progress, well… um… about that… It’s cold. My stomach has been a jerk. It’s cold. I’ve been excising my mind (reading and writing like an mad woman) and my libido stays active. That counts, right? Oh, and it’s freaking cold.

Also, I think my mind knows something about my metabolism. I haven’t been eating much these last few days. Except two days ago… I ate a bunch of chicken soup. And cake. And I have been snacking on leftover meringue ever since. Yum!

Click on the image to see my 2012 To-Be-Read List
1 for Witchy Books, 2 for Horror and Urban Fantasy, 3 for Daring You to Read…, 
4 for LGBT Reading Challenge, 5 for Fantasy, 6 for Zombies, 7 for Dystopia, 
8 for Audio Book, 9 for Outdo Yourself, 10 for 2012 Pagan Reading Challenge,  
11 2012 Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge, 
12 2012 Paranormal Reading Challenge, 13 Projecto Lecture 8 Inanna

18 comments:

  1. I really like those quotes, especially the first one.  LOL!
     
    I have a post going up tomorrow mentioning some witchy books; They're ones I've re-read at least a couple of times each, but all great reads, I think!
     
     
    Oh, and guess what I'm re-reading now... The 13th Tale.  I needed something to put on while I finished sewing something up, and it was right there, so... Well, I couldn't resist! 
     
    It's hard to have your creativity getting a workout and your body too, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it cold Magaly?? LOL! I am happy you are keeping active in another way ;o) LOL! Chicken soup and cake, I want to come over to your house ;o) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ljrich1/22/2012

    Damn. I had totally forgotten about the get off your broom thing. I've been off mine. 


    Sleeping.

    Damned thyroid! Caaaaaakkkkkee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slommler1/23/2012

    And it is damned cold here too!  Too cold and too windy to be out and about!!  Bleh!!
    I have been vegging and working in my studio...but it is too damn cold in there too!
    Ha
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. You already know that The Thirteenth Tale is one of my favorite rereads. I've scheduled to reread it in the summer, but I might cheat lol.

    Um... it's hard to think at all in certain situations ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have your bowl ready!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness, I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The winter is pretty with all its know and hot cocoa, but I'm not a fan of its temperatures. 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha the "it's cold" comment made me giggle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Autumwind1/23/2012

    Chicken soup and cake. I could do that, after all it is cold here too and I was sick last week :) Love those quotes, now I have more books that I'll need to add to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't you just love the snow and cold...I know, country snow and cold is different from city snow and cold...but it's beautiful here...I go out walking every day, except in cold rain...that's where I draw the line...bbrrrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been a bit under the weather, too. Hope you feel great soon, and read on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the snow in the country. I would play outside with my dog until my our digits were half frozen, but in the city is just inconvenient.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Go run in the snow, that's a workout lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great quotes and you are so right...It's soooooooo cold. How can anyone expect you to be on that broom in this weather? ;-)

    I just hit the exercise bike and my Classical Stretch video this weekend for the first time in over 2 weeks. It felt fabulous. Of course, now I have to talk myself into doing it again, really soon. Good thing we have our beauty going for us. lol   

    ReplyDelete
  16. I should probably be good and do pull out my mat and do something, I will today. The break has been long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, I know it is; I just finished re-reading it... It was just as good as it was the first time. *Grins* *Chuckles* Yes, I agree; it's hard to think at all in some situations!

    ReplyDelete