Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Witchy Books Reading Challenge 2012

Links to Witchy Reviews, Quotes and Reflections Archive

Welcome to Pagan Culture’s first witchy reading challenge. I want this bit of bookish yumminess to be magical, diverse and fun, so joining is really easy:
* Add the challenge button to your sidebar. 
* Write a post letting everybody know about the challenge.
* At the bottom of this post, add the link the direct link to your announcement.
* Keep your reading list, from Jan 13th to Dec 13th Aug 31th 
* Reviews are optional, but I would LOVE to read your bookish thoughts. I will provide a monthly post for you to link your bookish reflections. 

Witchy Reading Levels:
Elemental Reader 4 books
Bookish Darling 13 books
Lunar Booklover 28 books 
Witchy Bibliophile 35+ books

* You can join the fun at any time.
* Create your list in advance, as you go, or whenever you like.
* All formats are fine; all genres are great...
* Fiction, nonfiction, graphic novels, manga, comic books…
* I’m an Eclectic Witch, so of course I welcome books from other challenges.
* Don’t have a blog? Create a list on Goodreads, Facebook… 
* What’s a Witchy Book? Well, anything with witches in it, my Wicked Luvs!

Witchy Books  Witchy Bibliophile, 35+ books
I’ve joined not 1, not 2, not 3, but 12 reading challenges for 2012. 
Yep, 12 challenges plus my own, which makes 13. I freaking LOVE books! 
Horror and Urban Fantasy – 35+ books
LGBT Reading Challenge  5+ books for change and for J-Man
Fantasy – Witchy Sister Grimm. I just made up this title; cool, huh? 35+ books 
Zombies Three Chomps, 13+ books
Dystopia Asocial (I’ll probably read 5+ books, but I like this title ;-)
Audio Book – Going Steady Lover, 13+ books 
Outdo Yourself I’m on Fire! 13+ (witchy) books
2012 Pagan Reading Challenge – Elder Witchy Goddess, 35+ books 
2012 Paranormal Reading Challenge  –  13+ novels
Projecto Lectura 8 Inanna 2012 –  Bruja de Luz y Tinieblas,13+ books
Reading Challenge Addict  In Flight, 13 challenges
Yes, I have a problem; isnt it wonderful! Now I can get together with all my reading challenge addict friends, and talk about how much well never change ;-)

My (ever-changing) 2012 To-Be-Read List
Linked titles have been read

  1. 31 Nights of Halloween by Diandra Linnemann and others
  2. Bite Me by Christopher Moore
  3. The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz
  4. A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore
  5. A Game of Groans by George R.R. Constanza, George R.R. Washington, Alan Goldsher
  6. A Modest Proposal and Other Satirical Works by Jonathan Swift
  7. A Nomadic Witch by Debora Geary
  8. A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison 
  9. A Reckless Witch by Debora Geary
  10. The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong   
  11. A Zombie's Guide to the Holidays: It's a Wonderful Afterlife! by Rich Cullen 
  12. An Essay on Man and Satires by Alexander Allan Poe
  13. Blood Lite Edited by Kevin J. Anderson
  14. Acrossthe Universe by Beth Revis 
  15. Anansi Boys  by Neil Gaiman
  16. Android Karenina by Ben Winters and Leo Tolstoy  
  17. Angelic by Kelley Armstrong 
  18. Anna Karenina (Spanish Edition) por Leo Tolstoy 
  19. Annieon My Mind by Nancy Garden
  20. The Atlantic Complex by Eoin Colfer 
  21. Bitten  by Kelley Armstrong
  22. Bloodsucking Fiend by Christopher Moore
  23. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  24. Breathers: A Zombie's Lament by S. G. Browne
  25. The Bromeliad: Truckers by Terry Pratchett
  26. The Bromeliad: Diggers by Terry Pratchett
  27. The Bromeliad: Wings by Terry Pratchett
  28. The Caldecott Chronicles by R.G. Bullet
  29. Carrie by Stephen King
  30. Cat Fight by Zoe Winters 
  31. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins  
  32. Cuentos eróticos por Chaucer-Bocacci Zweig-Petronio
  33. Dark Mercy by Zoe Winters
  34. Dead People in Love by Edie Ramer 
  35. Dearly, Departed: A Zombie Novel by Lia Habel
  36. Demon Girl by Penelope Fletcher 
  37. Devil Boneby Kathy Reichs
  38. Devils' Den by Leonard D. Hilley II  
  39. Destiny by Laura DeLuca
  40. Destiny Unveiled by Laura DeLuca
  41. Dreams Underfoot by Charles de Lint
  42. Elfbitten by Leila Bryce Sin
  43. Exposed - A Thriller by Jack Killborn
  44. Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich
  45. Fables: The Deluxe Edition, Vol. 1 by Bill Willingham 
  46. The Feedstore Chronicles by Travis Erwin 
  47. Firestarter by Stephen King
  48. Fledgling Witch by Karen Nilsen
  49. The Flower Bowl Spell by Olivia J. Boler
  50. Fragile Things: Short Fictions & Wonders by Neil Gaiman
  51. Fluke: Or, I Know Why the Winged Whale Sings by Christopher Moore
  52. Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
  53. Ghosthunters and the Incredibly Revolting Ghost by Cornelia Funke 
  54. Ghosthunters and the Gruesome Invincible Lightning Ghost by Cornelia Funke
  55. Ghosthunters and the Totally Moldy Baroness! by Cornelia Funke 
  56. Ghosthunters and the Muddy Monster of Doom by Cornelia Funke
  57. The Gift by Gabrielle Charbonnet and James Patterson 
  58. The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
  59. Graveminder by Melissa Marr
  60. The Green Witch Herbal by Barbara Griggs
  61. Hammered by Kevin Hearne
  62. Hearts, Keys and Puppetry by Neil Gaiman
  63. Hexed by Ilona Andrews  
  64. Hexed: (Iron Druid Chronicles #2) by Kevin Hearne
  65. The Hummingbird's Daughter by Luis Alberto Urrea
  66. The Island of the Sequined Nun by Christopher Moore
  67. I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak 
  68. I'm Starved for You by Margaret Atwood
  69. I've Got Your Number Sophie Kinsella
  70. Igraine the Brave by Cornelia Funke  
  71. I Kill Giants by Joe Kelly
  72. Incantation by Alice Huffman 
  73. Infamous by Sherrilyn Kenyon
  74. Interworld by Neil Gaiman
  75. Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell 
  76. Eragon por Christopher Paolini
  77. M Is for Magic by Neil Gaiman
  78. Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore
  79. Memory and Dream by Charles de Lint
  80. Landing by Emma Donoghue
  81. Leaping Beauty and Other Animal Fairy Tales by Gregory Maguire
  82. Lost Girls by Alan Moore
  83. Many Bloody Returns by Chalaine Harris
  84. María por Jorge Issacs
  85. Married with Zombies by Jesse Petersen 
  86. Miss Perigrine's Home for Peculiar Children Ransom Riggs
  87. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
  88. Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
  89. Mr. Pumpkin Head and Other Poems by Victoria Zigler
  90. Navarro's Promise by Lora Leigh 
  91. The New Death and others by James Hutchings 
  92. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
  93. Odd and the Frost GiantsFj  by Neil Gaiman
  94. On Cats by Doris Lessing
  95. One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost
  96. ThePeach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen
  97. Phantom by Laura DeLuca
  98. Plum Lovin' Janet Evanovich 
  99. The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux 
  100. Pride Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Steve Hockensmith
  101. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
  102. Prideand Prejudice and Zombies: Dreadfully Ever After by Steve Hockensmith 
  103. Rapunzel by Leila Bryce Sin
  104. Reckless by Cornelia Funke
  105. The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong 
  106. Rubbed the Right Way by Brita Addams
  107. Seizure by Kathy Reichs 
  108. Side Jobs by Jim Butcher
  109. Skin Trade by Laurell K. Hamilton
  110. Spirit of Flight  by Rene J. Smith
  111. The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong 
  112. Strange Candy Laurell K. Hamilton
  113. Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen
  114. Summer Knight by Jim Butcher 
  115. Surprises by Brita Addams
  116. This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost 
  117. The Strain: The Fall by Guillermo del Toro
  118. The Strain: The Night Eternal by Guillermo del Toro
  119. The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror by Christopher Moore
  120. Snuff by Terry Pratchett
  121. Tia Lola Stories by Julia Alvarez   
  122. TheThief Lord  by Cornelia Funke
  123. The Time Paradox by Eoin Colfer  
  124. TheUnfinished Song: Root by Tara Maya
  125. ToKill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  126. Two-Fisted Tweets by James Hutchings 
  127. Utterly Wicked by Dorothy Morrison
  128. Unstable Environment by Marcia Colette 
  129. Waking the Witch  by Kelley Armstrong 
  130. The Warlock by Michael Scott
  131. What-the-Dickens: The Story of Rogue Tooth Fairy by Gregory Maguire 
  132. Winter Solstice by Eden Bradley 
  133. Wicked: Witch by Nancy Holder  
  134. Wicked: Curse by Nancy Holder
  135. Wicked: Legacy by Nancy Holder
  136. Wizard & Wizard by James Patterson and Ned Rust       
  137. The Witch of the Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
  138. The Witch's Boy by Michael Gruber 
  139. The Witches of Eastwick by John Updike
  140. Witch in Flight by Debora Geary
  141. Witches Under Way by Debora Geary
  142. World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks
  143. You Suck by Christopher Moore
  144. This might sound terrible, but I am somewhat tired of adding titles *sigh*. Stop by my Goodreads page to see what else I read in 2012.

165 comments:

  1. I am so doing this. I'll write up a post about it later. And if I take my time about it you have my permission to nag me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diandra Linnemann12/06/2011

    This soudns like fun, but I am too busy and too much inbetween everything to join any challenges right now... but if I ever get my me-reading time back, I'll make sure to share some witchy book goodness nevertheless. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slommler12/06/2011

    I can sure get into fantasy books...this time of year is usually not a good reading time for me.  So we shall see!  Great idea though!!
    Hugging you my love
    Still frozen in the West
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Zombie Goddess12/06/2011

    I'm sure you can already see which I will be joining lol!

    \IiiI

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had previously joined the Pagan Reader Challenge but now I have joined two from your list as well LOL  I LOVE to read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. petoskystone12/06/2011

    Congratulations, Salem Witch Child! I have to write up my list first, before i know which level to be on :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. salemwitchchild12/06/2011

    Yay. I'll email you right now. :)

    Honestly, 35+ books is EASY for me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. salemwitchchild12/06/2011

    Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. salemwitchchild12/06/2011

    Button added and post made.

    http://salemwitchchild.blogspot.com/2011/12/pagan-cultures-witchy-book-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kallista Silverheart12/06/2011

    Would love to join in on this but I'm not sure I'd qualify. The books I read are usually focused on Heka and ancient Egyptian spirituality so I'm not sure if they'd be considered witchy? Let know on this if you can, I'd love to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are an avid reader! I am new to the whole Pagan blog things, and found you via the Pagan Pages blog hop, and I am so glad I did. I am going to join up as well! Sound slike fun. BB, Meadow

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's the link to my post. Can't wait to get reading! http://paganhomeschool.com/witchy-reading-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is a lot of reading! I have to admit, I don't know if I will have the time to do all these books ;o( I might do one? And, tell you what I think ;o) Sorry to be a party popper!!! Hugs my friend ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Robin Larkspur12/06/2011

    Magaly, I am jumping on your Witchy Reading challenge wagon. I will get a post up in the next day or two. Thanks for creating this!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll probably end up reading witchy books; actually, no probably about it.  But I don't know that I want to offficially be on the challenge or I'll feel I "have to" read them and get stressed over it.  I can promise you reviews of any books I read though; I usually review books on my blog when I read them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So in on this! Great idea! Thanks for creating such a wonderful challenge!

    Blessings,
    Kourtney 

    ReplyDelete
  17. Caitlin12/06/2011

    Count me in! I'm gonna go for the bookish darling level.Do wizards count?

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds like so much fun, what a good idea! BTW I loved your rating levels.
    I'm gonna go all the way and go for Witchy Bibliophile.
    http://crimsonrose1014-witchywoman.blogspot.com/p/witchy-reading-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. lilacwolf12/07/2011

    I am thinking here.  I mean, I review books and I don't necessarily read a lot of witchy books.  Although that may change soon so who knows...lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. My husband is a meanie and he has put a temporary freeze on my book purchasing. Whoa is me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I'll remind you, don't you worry about that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, the challenge last old year, maybe we'll see you later.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WoooHooo! Nice. I'll read you around, then!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That make sense. I have no organization power when it comes to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for joining, darling. Can't wait to see what titles you'll share.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey, if there is magic in them, I don't care what they focus on; I consider them witchy! 

    ReplyDelete
  27. I read a lot. Something about discovering different worlds in books just keeps me going. I'm glad you'll join! 

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well, I would LOVE to have you in the Witchy one.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You know, "challenge" is such a concrete word, huh? Just go ahead and follow Diandra's example, just add whatever title you read, and claim whatever lever (or none) at the end of the year. It is all about having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yay! This will be fun. I'm so excited to see all the great books everybody will share.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Of course wizards count! At Pagan Culture, we embrace diversity. Share the link to your post, and I'll add you to my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm sooo going to be a Witchy Bibliophile, myself. It was fun to pick the levels. I figured they needed to mean something.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm sure you'll read way more than four witchy books in 2012. I don't know about you, but I've been devouring every book Debora Geary births into my world, and you can't get any more witchier than that. 

    ReplyDelete
  34. Someone needs to be a meanie to me when it comes to that. I'm just bad, bad, bad about it sometimes lol

    ReplyDelete
  35. Esther Bernstein12/07/2011

    I'm so joining this! And thanks for linking to the dystopia one as well - I read lots of dystopia, so that's right up my alley.

    Here's my challenges post:
    http://readersdialogue.blogspot.com/2011/12/challenges-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  36. Esther Bernstein12/07/2011

    That sounds familiar...

    ReplyDelete
  37. It's a reading pandemic that has been going around for ages ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm so happy you decided to join, Esther. I figured you'd like the dystopia. It would be nice to explore things like The Hunger Games and some other worlds. 

    ReplyDelete
  39. Rachel Wohld12/08/2011

    I joined up as well.  i have a post on my main page at www.witchrants.blogspot.com that links to my challenge page.  I will list the books as I read them.

    ReplyDelete
  40. lilacwolf12/09/2011

    All right, I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Kallista Silverheart12/09/2011

    hehe, okies! Will put up the post and button as soon as I get back home on Monday. SO excited :D

    ReplyDelete
  42. The Book Vixen12/09/2011

    Thanks for participating in the Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge! Good luck and I hope you reach your goal :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. I hope you can walk and eat as you read!

     BTW your photo looks lovely and you have NOTHING to worry about.
      You will be reading night and day for all these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a fabulous challenge, Magaly! I love this idea and will simply have to join...very soon!

    Congrats to the lucky Salem Witch Child.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Blogged about it at my book blog: http://saritaslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/12/witchy-books-reading-challenge-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  46. Welcome, Rachel. This should be fun ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  47. I'm sure it will be a reading blast to accomplish. 

    ReplyDelete
  48. I can read and eat, walk and read, clean and read, commute and read... yep, I'm all dualism when it comes to stories ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Yay! Can't wait to see what you'll read!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Added you last night. Get your read on, luv!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I am going to do this! Thanks for the inspiration. I am looking forward to trolling everyone else's lists to find new books too. :)  My post is here: http://www.bighillgoddess.com/2011/12/new-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  52. Yay for inspiration! I just added to the list, and to be honest, I'm super excited to read the new titles everybody will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Sounds like fun!
    http://www.otterblossom.com/blog/2011/12/14/challenges-for-2012/

    ReplyDelete
  54. Welcome, Blossom! I just added you to my sidebar, and now I'm going to spy on you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  55. Came across this blog seeking more not so lonely witches. Have never really been tempted to continue reading a blog before, am not very familiar with it, but am drawn to this site. I want to know more. I would love to join the reading challenge, but am technology challenged. I'll have to learn more this weekend about this great new thing I've discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I am sooo glad to see you here, Weemic. The blog world is a huge witchy circle, and I like it. Email me, we can work on those blogging skills together (I'm sure MANY would love to help) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  57. Here's the link to Reading Challeges page! 
    http://multifacetedexperience.blogspot.com/p/2012-reading-challenges.html

    ReplyDelete
  58. Thanks so much for signing up for my Zombie Challenge! Hope you have fun with it and good luck with all your other challenges too :)

    ReplyDelete
  59. I'm lucking forward to the reading treat; I'm thinking that it'll be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  60. lilacwolf12/19/2011

    http://lilacwolfandstuff.blogspot.com/p/witchy-books-reading-challenge-2012.html

    I created a special page.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. It is sooo good to have you, I'll add you right away!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Thedomesticpagan12/21/2011

    I had no idea you were doing a challenge too. Clearly I have not been a good networker lately! Thanks so much for including my challenge on your list. I will repay the favor and add your challenge to my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I didn't know you had one either, so don't feel too bad. Susan, from Pieces of Fate had to tell me lol

    ReplyDelete
  64. I just stumbled upon this challenge while trying to find some motivation to get through my large stack of  Wicca related books. Sounds awesome! But, I don't have a blog. I do use goodreads.com (just started) and can be found when you search under people. I'll be listed under patchouli_grl and will list my books there. Thanks for starting this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  65. AutumnWind12/26/2011

    I am soooo in! I love to read and my wonderful man got me a dozen witchy related books for Yule. Here is my post :) http://beneaththewitchesmoon.blogspot.com/2011/12/witchy-books-reading-challenge-2012.html 

    ReplyDelete
  66. DC Schmidt12/27/2011

    I'm joining in this challenge, just now sure where to sign up. is there a Mr. Linky?  where do we link up our blog reviews?

    ReplyDelete
  67. Add me to the fray!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Patchouli_Girl, Goodreads is quite acceptable. I'll add you immediately. Happy witchy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  69. I've added you to my sidebar, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Welcome, luv! Have I told you that I always smile when I type the name of your blog? I like it that much ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  71. Hi DC Schmidt, all you need to do is leave a comment to the post where you make your announcement/where you'll keep your reading list. I'll add it to my sidebar manually.

    ReplyDelete
  72. I just added your link, Kim. And oh my, I checked your list, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  73. I don't know about you guys, but I am excited about this! I just ordered my first new book off of Amazon today! It's gonna be great, and I am dusting off all my "meant to" have read books. Can't wait! BB, Meadow

    ReplyDelete
  74. I am super excited, too, Meadow. I keep on staring at my (growing list) adding and rearranging things. I think it will be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Just done my reading challenge page. No book list yet. Shall do it as I go :)
    http://heathen-mooncraft.blogspot.com/p/2012-reading-challenges.html

    ReplyDelete
  76. Faerieswheel12/29/2011

    I am going to try to join in on this, though I am due to pop any time within the beginning of the year with my first child so I don't know just how busy I will be, but I am sure I will have time for at LEAST a couple books. I'm not really sure how to put up buttons on the side of the page, still pretty new with this site, but I can post it in my blog c:

    here is my blog: http://faerieswheel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  77. Oh a new life, what a blessing! I have a friend who used to read (or listen to) audio books with her baby. Now they are both addicted to Terry Pratchett lol

    I'm off to add you!

    ReplyDelete
  78. The Domestic Pagan12/30/2011

    Melissa at Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf is also doing a reading challenge that includes fiction and nonfiction. Here's the link in case you want to add it to the list of other challenges. http://melissaseclecticbookshelf.blogspot.com/2011/12/2012-witches-witchcraft-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  79. Yay! The more the merrier. I feel seriously happy to see so many witchy reading challenges. Don't laugh, but I get all teary-eyed when I think that the idea of something like this 20 years ago would have been just wishful thinking.

    I joined! Thanks a million, Serenity! 

    ReplyDelete
  80. This is awesome!!  I went from finding no Witchy challenges...to creating my own...to finding two more!!!!  I'm definitely joining!!!!  here is the link to my Reading Challenges Page!!  

    http://melissaseclecticbookshelf.blogspot.com/p/reading-challenges.html 

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf 

    ReplyDelete
  81. I think it's lovely. I feel the same way, and I get all emotional when I think about it. We've come such a long way, and the future can only hold better prospects. I refuse to believe otherwise. 

    I'm off to add your blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  82. Kristy Wren1/02/2012

    Here is my post :-)
    http://witchfire02.blogspot.com/2012/01/pagan-reading-challenges.html

    ReplyDelete
  83. You are in, Kristy, and I really LIKE your list! 

    ReplyDelete
  84. LynThurman1/02/2012

    Count me in, Magaly!

    My post is here: http://witch-blog.com/2012/01/books-past-present-and-future/

    ReplyDelete
  85. Woo Hoo Great Challenge! I joined up too, here is my announcement post http://therosewitch.blogspot.com/2012/01/witchy-books-reading-challenge-2012.html  Looking forward to this year in books!

    ReplyDelete
  86. Lianne Huff1/02/2012

    http://thebefuddledwitch.blogspot.com/2012/01/reading-challege.html Hello all Im totally in Im going for Witch Bibliophile 35 books Whoot!!

    ReplyDelete
  87. Welcome; so cool to have a Rose Witch in the mix ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  88. I have a thing for Witchy Bibliophiles, did you know that? So we should be very friendly ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  89. I'm in.  Just put my post up.  Not like I don't have enough things do planned already.  :D

    http://morgainependragon.blogspot.com/2012/01/reading-challenges-because-i-dont-have.html

    ReplyDelete
  90. You make me feel better about myself. I keep on telling myself, "Okay this is it," and then I get into something else *sigh*

    Welcome to the witchy reading party!

    ReplyDelete
  91. kadiera1/02/2012

    I'm going to attempt to read this year, hopefully things will be less chaotic:
    http://www.ourlittleacorn.com/2012/01/people-of-library.html

    ReplyDelete
  92. I'm in. Considering on Sunday I started the new year by starting to reread The Element Encyclopedia of Witchcraft, I'm on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Sounds great! Please leave me a link to you post and I'll add you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  94. Kitchen Witch1/03/2012

    Fabulous! count me in.   My blog announcement is here 
    http://kitchenwitchuk.blogspot.com/2012/01/witchy-book-reading-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  95. Add me too, PLEASE!!
    http://aoibhealslair.blogspot.com/2012/01/ive-found-another-reading-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  96. Oh I'm definitely going to be doing this! Get me back in the habit of reading again. I've been having trouble getting back in the swing of things. As you can tell if you check out my book review blog http://faerytaleaddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  97. Wendy Bishop1/04/2012

    I love the idea of this challenge, more great reasons to read.. I have added this button to a new blog I have started.. 
    http://acroneshearth.blogspot.com/2012/01/witchy-books-reading-challenge-2012.html
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  98. Welcome, and good luck with the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  99. Yay! Leave a comment with the direct link and I'll add you straight away. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  100. Calenth1/04/2012

    Okay I was brave and added this challenge to my list - I hope to get to at least Lunar Booklover - with doing my Masters at the same time personal choice reading is sometimes a luxury.

    http://withinthedragonslair.blogspot.com/ 

    ReplyDelete
  101. Lovely! We are on the same boat. I'm working towards an MFA. But hey, I'm a writer, and you can't write if you don't read, right?

    ReplyDelete
  102. Hey I did my post and added the button!

    http://livingafaerietale.blogspot.com/2012/01/witchy-book-reading-challenge-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  103. amy Law1/05/2012

    Here's my link, very excited
    http://spirituallyenchanted.blogspot.com/2012/01/well-i-am-starting-this-new-year-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  104. Now we can be excited together ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  105. thefaeryromanticlibrarian.blogspot.com will be participating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  106. The more the merrier, m'luv. Leave me the direct link to the page where you'll keep your reading list, and I'll add you straight away. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  107. 8inannaberny1/06/2012

    I'm in!!! and now i'm in three different challenges,  i also have a challenge i'm running on spanish books at fb, here the link if you wanna try some spanish ones!!!   
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/270907246304271/

    ReplyDelete
  108. I just joined your Spanish Books Challenge. I was planning to run a Spanish Literature Challenge next year, but why not start early, right? 

    Please leave me the direct link to where you'll keep your books and I'll add you to my sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  109. Susana1/07/2012

    I'm into it 
    http://paganmood.wordpress.com/2012/01/07/witchy-books-reading-challenge-2012/

    ReplyDelete
  110. 8inannaberny1/07/2012

    Here you have my   blog for this challenge and the book i have selected!!  I will be writting in English so is a double challenge (long time since i really do that!) 
    http://8inanna.blogspot.com/2012/01/witchy-books-reading-challenge-2012.html 

    ReplyDelete
  111. How funny! I'm on the same boat with your challenge. I haven't written in Spanish in a long time, but I'll do it for the challenge. It's kind of exciting, terrifying and humbling--I already typed "obscuridad" when trying to type oscuridad *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  112. I want to do all of these challenges too!  I am a book fiend!  I don't know how to add the challenge button though.  Can you help me?

    ReplyDelete
  113. I could definitely help, send me an email, and I'll send you the information. 

    ReplyDelete
  114. ElleMoonGoddess1/22/2012

    sign me up please ma'am! 

    http://ellemoongoddess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  115. I shall, indeed. Leave me the link to your direct post, and I'll add you right away.

    ReplyDelete
  116. LOVE the graphic for this challenge...AND the challenge! I will definitely be joining and sharing your post with everyone. Now, if only I still had my glasses...makes reading SO much easier. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  117. It would be wonderful to have you, my dear. Please add the link to your page for the challenge as soon as you write it, and I'll add you right away. It's great to read you again!

    ReplyDelete
  118. Just updating to include my post regarding this challenge along with my
    initial "List". I've just ordered The New England Witch Chronicles and
    can't wait for it to arrive! Here is my intro post:
    http://paganbydesign.blogspot.com/2012/02/2012-magical-year-of-focus-and-change.html

    Thank you Magaly!

    ReplyDelete
  119. I've added you and I'm super excited about your reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  120. Kelly Ring2/11/2012

    I'm in 
    http://gettingbacktothepath.wordpress.com/2012/02/11/reading-challenges-2012/ - though I cannot get the badge of work on the webpage. It might be to large to paste in my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  121. lilacwolf2/15/2012

    http://lilacwolfandstuff.blogspot.com/p/witchy-books-reading-challenge-2012.html

    Just wanted to post this update to my page - I have 5 so far.

    ReplyDelete
  122. Alichino Ishbane2/15/2012

    Decided to do this. 

    http://gamerwidowx.blogspot.com/p/books-i-want-to-read.html 

    ReplyDelete
  123. The Distant Hours
    by Kate Morton

    This Aussie has some serious talent for plots twists.

    Having read The Forgotten Garden by the same author, I was prepared for jumping back and forth through time in this NYT bestseller. Stifled, dysfunctional families, secrets, intrigues,castles, mental collapse, lost loves, and murder span the generations of two oddly connected families impacted by The London Blitz. Slow at first, but persevere--I sat up to finish the novel. I was right about the ending, wrong about the motive, and didn't expect...well, I'm not going to spoil it for you, now, am I?

    ReplyDelete
  124. Thou shall not write spoilers! 

    It sounds like a nice mixture for conflict, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  125. Joining the fun! http://themidwesternpagan.wordpress.com/2012/02/29/2012-paganwiccan-reading-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  126. aishao11223/02/2012

    sooo...just realized I never officially signed up , so here it goes...also I wish to do the witchy bibliophile level..yep that's what I'm going to do...*disappears into bookshelves* *pops head back out * oh my link is here: 
    http://bythebroomstick.blogspot.com/p/2012-challenge-progress_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  127. Yay! I've just added you. 

    Also, if you send me an email with the links to your specific witchy reads, I will put them at the top of the lists (Like Kim's and Lilac's). 

    ReplyDelete
  128. L. Starkey3/03/2012

    I realize I may be a little late in joining, but I'm definitely up for some good witchy reading. Here is the URL for my post:

    http://thehealinghome.blogspot.com/2012/03/2012-witchy-books-reading-challenge.html

    So far, I've read three books and I'm looking forward to many more. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  129. Welcome, I'm looking forward to your reads, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  130. For some reason my (your) image isn't showing up properly on my sidebar just recently. Is it on my end? I'll try looking over the code to see if I messed it up somehow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  131. Hm... have you tried reloading it? It seems to be working on this end, but Blogger has been PMS-ing lately.

    ReplyDelete
  132. Oh it's late but I want to try it! I love read and I love book! 
    I'll hope you can add me! 
    Button added and post made.: http://arsstrigae.wordpress.com/2012/03/05/witchy-books-readings-challenge-2012/I'm sorry for my bad english, I'm italian!  ^_^ 

    ReplyDelete
  133. I just added you. And your English is just fine (and your name is so pretty, by the way). I will visit your blog and try to learn some Italian ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  134. I just checked your list and saw you'll read American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I LOVE that book! Have read it twice and will do it again. I hope you love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  135. BekahRebel/Aussie Pagan Mummy3/08/2012

    Starting late, but hoping I can increase my reading amount this year.
    http://bekahrebel.blogspot.com.au/p/pagan-reading-challenge.html 

    ReplyDelete
  136. I've added you. You are always in time when there is fun to have.

    ReplyDelete
  137. http://crimsonrose1014-witchywoman.blogspot.com/p/witchy-reading-challenge.html all of my book intros and reviews so far, I've been a little lax and I really need to get back into the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
  138. I think I need a break ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  139. http://cajunlady77.blogspot.com/2012/04/witchy-book-reading-challenge.html

    A few months late in the game, but I'm in the challenge now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are never late when you are bringing a list as yummy as yours. Wow, I just browsed and triple yum!

      I can't wait to read your review of Kabbalah, Magic and the Great Work of Self-Transformation. I've heard great things, but haven't picked it up yet. Welcome!

      Delete
  140. I finished the challenge!!!!!!!! :D http://saritaslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/05/witchy-reading-challenge-completed.html I actually finished it a couple days ago but only now got around to updating my "challenges" page on my book blog. And of course more wiitchy books will be added to this list throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! Congrats, Sarita! I need to update my pages. I bet I finish a couple of challenges, too. I have been reading like a mad woman, this year. I'm going to your page to see what you've read lately ;-)

      Delete
  141. Love this idea! Two semesters ago I read "In the Devil's Snare" by Mary Beth Norton, I had a paper due at the same time. So being the resourceful girl that I am, I wrote a paper on diseased rye possibly being the reason for the witch frenzy that led to the witch trials. The new semester starts Monday, let's see what I can incorporate this time around. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I do the same thing. Whenever possible, I try to incorporate my readings and personal interests in schoolwork. That makes everything more interesting, doesn't it?

      Delete
  142. Hi Magaly! Just posted about this on my blog. LOVE it! Thanks for hosting. I'm just bummed it took me so long to stumble on board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added you to the list. Thanks for playing along ;-)

      Delete