Walking Among the Dead

Ken (or indistinguishable prince) in drag. 
The picture of the Special Edition Cross-Dressed Prince (courtesy of my Piano Man and the Princess) has nothing to do with this post. I just thought a bicycle helmet, two swords, a purse and Cinderella’s dress on a prince, would make anyone giggle. It made me roar.

Now to the deliciously grim bits! My Piano Man and I walked to a tiny graveyard about a mile from our home. He went for a run afterwards, leaving me alone to stroll among the dead. Fine, so I didn’t actually stroll among the dead; I kind of stared at a couple of graves through the chained iron fence you see in this picture.

This was supposed to be a grand post. Earlier this week, someone emailed me to say that the little graveyard was full of herbs that needed cataloging. I went to check things out, and found that it was bare. As you can see, someone must have sprayed herb be gone, plowed the soil or something.


But it was a good walk, and the graveyard looks amazingly creepy between the trees, don’t you think? I took this picture from the running trail.


walked the trails for thirty more minutes, got to my house and walked up and down seven flights of stairs... four times. Then I did crunches until my Piano Man got home, all sexy and sweaty from his run. I tried to jump his bones, but he saved me from myself and sent me off to do my homework.

You see, I... um, must have a nap after getting some... delight. Seriously, I lie around feeling all dreamy and well, dreaming. My Piano Man loves me enough to know that I will be super pissed off at myself if I don’t get my work done. So I get some delight after I’ve been productive and good, like all witchy darlings should. Yes, I get quite grabby after a little workout. I blame it on the moon... and on my Piano Man’s legs, and on his smile, and... yeah, especially on that. 

I’m stretching, dancing and doing more crunches tomorrow. I’ve set out three goals for the following three months; moderate, realistic, and fun goals:
1st – 113 crunches in less than 113 seconds
2nd – Climb the steps to our seventh floor apartment, 13 consecutive times without dying
3rd – Dance Saturdays or Sundays, better yet, both days  

And as my witchy body heats up with the exercise, I’ll visualize everything negative and unwanted melting away and banishing.

Have you jumped off your broom yet? And how are you counting the days until All Hallow’s Eve?

*
Day one to Get Off Your Broom, and for The Real Witches of Halloween and The 2011 Countdown to Hallowe’en and yeah, party! Have you visited Danni, Lyn, Serenity and the rest of the witchy partiers yet?

Share |

33 comments:

  1. Diandra Linnemann10/01/2011

    That picture made me laugh! You saved my weekend! (And yes, it's only Saturday morning.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slommler10/01/2011

    Me?  I am a bit nervous!!  Surgery is Oct. 5th!!   Yikes!!  But it will be so worth it!!
    So I am excited too!!
    Woot!
    Loved this post....I like the jumping bones part..,.Ha!!
    Hugs
     SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame those herbs weren't there, but it sounds like you had a productive day none-the-less. You know, they say it's the man who needs a nap after "delights" but... Well, is it just me, or does it seem to be the woman just as much as the man? I'm just doing my rounds on the usual blogs I follow, then I'll be checking out the blog party and get off your broom posts (my get off your broom post is going up soon... I wrote it the other day, and scheduled it to go up at noon my time).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost died when I saw it. They did it about a month ago. I was writing and they were playing in the Princess's room. They said, "Come see this."

    I nearly died. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will light a blue candle and will send you LOTS of positive energy, my luv. I can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you said, it was a productive day anyway. I photographed some pretty amazing mushrooms too. 

    And about the man needing the nap... well, I must be a very manly Witch lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Misty Fouquet10/01/2011

    Love the picture!! I also love how your Piano Man looks out for you. I think that rocks :) Glad you are participating in the Get Off Your Broom Challenge. I am too! Can't wait to see everyones results at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, I am so out of shape.  but now that it's starting to cool off a bit, I'm walking a little more.  did some crunches and leg lifts one day last week and for the next four days my abs were screaming at me.  guess I need to do them a little more often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paula Marksman10/01/2011

    Magaly, your post was a delight to read. Sending positive vibes for your success in this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Magaly, I may have this thing figured out. And I probably am of an age with your grandmother--my "baby" is 34.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan Briggs10/01/2011

    Just checking on my Fellow Broomers! Love the pics..... enjoy your productive day!

    http://sipsfromthefirehydrant.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. MagicLoveCrow10/01/2011

    Magaly, that picture is too funny! And, I love the graveyard pics! Spooky, but cool! Good for you with your goals! I have one big one, that I will conquer! I have it done already half way, but it's the other half I have to get done now!!! I can do it, right ;o)  Your Piano Man, knows you very well! LOL! The both of you are so cute!!! Have a great one ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I jumped off the broom and almost landed right back into bed..lol Don't worry I'm up and moving..a little. Good Luck with all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a crime t have that cemetery chained up - it needs to be explored!

    Love the photo of Ken!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ember Davis10/01/2011

    I really liked your post... what a novel way of recording your activity.  I especially like your interaction with the Piano Man. As for that cemetary, I have one word: BOLT CUTTERS. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a great man, indeed. And I, too, can't wait to see what December will bring ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You should have seen me the last time I went up the steps. Wow... I thought I was going to die.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Success right back at you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Isn't he the best? Not the graveyard, which is quite nice, but I'm talking about my lover. What a man ;-) 

    Have a great weekend too, my darling.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It needs exploring indeed. There are some weeds growing on the walls and I'm quite curious.

    ReplyDelete
  21. "BOLT CUTTERS" Muah hahahahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much! Your eyes are amazingly sexy, especially with that mischievous grin! It seems like planning on doing a practical joke while flirting! lol
    Brightest blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What great pics! I LOVE the drag queen. Awesome. Hehehe.
    I am also jumping off of my broom and was browsing through my fellow motivators to say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Betsy Bailey10/01/2011

    Keep it up!! That cemetery looks gorgeous. There are a couple here in town that I am looking to investigate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Welcome, come often  ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think I would spend so much time there if it were near me.  AND I love the cross dressing prince.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. It is too precious, isn't it? I wish it wasn't chained ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mina Crump10/04/2011

    LOL! That Ken doll in drag is hilarious! Congrats on the wonderful 3 steps. For myself, the weather changes are hard on my lupus and fibro so this time of year I stick to the basics...bicycle, light weights, stretching and yeah...that. ;-) 

    ReplyDelete
  29. That graveyard looks so fabulous between the trees. Makes me think of atmospheric horror movies from the 1970s. All you need is some creepy music playing the background! :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. 'Without dying' is a good goal. :)

    ReplyDelete