Spooky Beauty for All Hallow’s Eve

Dressing up is one of the things I absolutely love about All Hallow’s Eve. However, most years my costume decision is not made until the very last minute. I’m talking seconds before going out of the door to scare away spirits and hunt for candy. This habit has turned even the most tolerant of my five-year-old trick-or-treaters into scowling little monsters.

This year I won’t be growled at by pirates, spooked by cute ghosts, or turned into a frog by  little witches. Yep, my luvs, my Halloween costume has been ready for a month. You can’t thank Tribal Horse Designs for saving my witchy hide. No, the artist did not buy me a costume. She sent me these beauties to review and I’ve planned my entire trick-or-treating experience around them.

In truth, I was bewitched by the pumpkin-like beads I used to make the witch’s ladder I mentioned on My Witchy Lady Hump post. The orange gleam of the bead made me think, Bright and bold is the way to go this year! And these vintage Halloween kitty necklace, with its beads, stone chips and wire wrap design, must be part of it.

The dress I’ve chosen to wear is sun-yellow-bright, so I’ll wear this chunky black and white crochet bracelet for contrast… and because I love the way the black and white buttons and beads go together… and oh my gods I’m thrilled by how soft these beauty feels against my skin. You see, I’m not a bracelet person—stuff around my writs tends to annoy me—but I can barely feel this.

I was going to wear this bamboo, bead and wire treasure too, but I have the feeling that I might have to fight the Little Princess for it, after she sees the kitty on the pumpkin. But I’ll be happy to give it to my baby as an All Hallow’s Eve present. 

And guess what? You, too, get the chance to win some spooky beauty from Tribal Horse Designs. The artist wants a lucky Wicked Darling to have this ghostly necklace as a Halloween present:
This is all you need to do to enter the spooky giveaway:
1. (mandatory) – Visit Shadows of the Goddess Designs and come back here to tell me about your 3 favorite items.

For extra entries (worth 1-3 entries each):
2. Blog about this post (leave a link/3 entries)
3. Tweet about this post (leave a link/2 entries)
4. Favorite Shadows of the Goddess Designs on Etsy
5. Follow the Tribal Horse Designs blog
6. Be a Wicked Darling (follow Pagan Culture through GFC)
7. Follow Pagan Culture on Twitter 
8. Friend me on Facebook 
9. Snatch one (or all) of my buttons from the sidebar

* Opened to US and Canada residents only.
* This giveaway ends October 10th at 5:13pm. 

*****
Day five to Get Off Your Broom, and for The Real Witches of Halloween and The 2011 Countdown to Hallowe’en and yeah, party! Have you visited Danni, Lyn, Serenity and the rest of the witchy partiers yet?

Share |

17 comments:

  1. Linda Wildenstein10/05/2011

    You are such a goodie. Tribal Horse Designs is very fortunate to have this opportunity on your blog and the designs are so cool. I love the Hippie Bee Bracelet (go figure), the Harvest Goddess Dancing Purse is delightful and represents fall so well and lastly the Southwestern Moon tree ornaments are just perfect. Very nice collection of creations.
    And you and your gorgeous self will be so decked out and perfect in yellow with the very lovely accents you've picked. Yeah you.
    Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to win! I did visit and found my 3 favorite items and boy, oh, boy.. if I had some extra money, they would certainly be mine. Here they are:

    1. Halloween Witch Bracelet Crocheted Cuff with Vintage Images
    2. Witch Hat Halloween Adult Crocheted FUNKY Blue Wizard
    3. Wood Wand For the Knitting Witch with quartz owl

    Oh BTW, I love reading your blog. And your little paintings of the crow are wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not going to enter this one, but I know how jazzed you feel.  She makes great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Www Seabluejewels10/05/2011

    These are so cool, they look so much fun! :) Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dixienites10/07/2011

    My three favorite items from SHADOWS OF THE GODDESS are the
    Halloween Pumpkin Necklace Wire Wrapped Halloween Postcard Image, 
    Tribal Moon Necklace,  and the Tarot Halloween Tree Decoration
    Repurposed Altered Art.

    dixienites at gmail.com
     

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dixienites10/07/2011

    I followed Tribal Horse Designs!

    Dixienites at gmail. com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dixienites10/07/2011

    My three favorite items from SHADOWS OF THE GODDESS are the
    Halloween Pumpkin Necklace Wire Wrapped Halloween Postcard Image, 
    Tribal Moon Necklace,  and the Tarot Halloween Tree Decoration
    Repurposed Altered Art.

    Dixienites at gmail. com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dixienites10/07/2011

    I sent you a Friend Request on Facebook.

    Dixienites at gmail. com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dixienites10/07/2011

    I don't have a blog, or a Twitter or Etsy account and I don't know what GFC is (sorry I'm a bit dense, lol),
    BUT I grabbed your button for my Face book page, Yay! 

    Look forward to seeing your costume :)

    Dixienites at gmail. com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! You are too funny, Dixie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mina Crump10/09/2011

    1 - Classic Rooster Necklace Altered Art
    2 - Size 5 Mother of Pearl Coppertone Ring
    3 - Halloween Witch Necklace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mina Crump10/09/2011

    I favorited her lovely shop and several items! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mina Crump10/09/2011

    I am your wicked follower from here to anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mina Crump10/09/2011

    Sweet Magaly, I do hope you show us a photo of you in your wicked costume. It sounds so enticing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lisa brawner10/13/2011

    thank you so much for the review :)  I have enjoyed meeting new friends and visitors to my shop . Bright Blessings !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I Like the blue and black ankle bracelet, the black and purple wrist bracelet, and the wreath candle holder covers.

    Thanks for the opportunity!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shadow of the goddess shop is now in my favs :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete