Dressing up is one of the things I absolutely love about All Hallow’s Eve. However, most years my costume decision is not made until the very last minute. I’m talking seconds before going out of the door to scare away spirits and hunt for candy. This habit has turned even the most tolerant of my five-year-old trick-or-treaters into scowling little monsters.
This year I won’t be growled at by pirates, spooked by cute ghosts, or turned into a frog by little witches. Yep, my luvs, my Halloween costume has been ready for a month. You can’t thank Tribal Horse Designs for saving my witchy hide. No, the artist did not buy me a costume. She sent me these beauties to review and I’ve planned my entire trick-or-treating experience around them.
In truth, I was bewitched by the pumpkin-like beads I used to make the witch’s ladder I mentioned on My Witchy Lady Hump post. The orange gleam of the bead made me think, Bright and bold is the way to go this year! And these vintage Halloween kitty necklace, with its beads, stone chips and wire wrap design, must be part of it.
The dress I’ve chosen to wear is sun-yellow-bright, so I’ll wear this chunky black and white crochet bracelet for contrast… and because I love the way the black and white buttons and beads go together… and oh my gods I’m thrilled by how soft these beauty feels against my skin. You see, I’m not a bracelet person—stuff around my writs tends to annoy me—but I can barely feel this.
I was going to wear this bamboo, bead and wire treasure too, but I have the feeling that I might have to fight the Little Princess for it, after she sees the kitty on the pumpkin. But I’ll be happy to give it to my baby as an All Hallow’s Eve present.
And guess what? You, too, get the chance to win some spooky beauty from Tribal Horse Designs. The artist wants a lucky Wicked Darling to have this ghostly necklace as a Halloween present:
This is all you need to do to enter the spooky giveaway:
1. (mandatory) – Visit Shadows of the Goddess Designs and come back here to tell me about your 3 favorite items.
For extra entries (worth 1-3 entries each):
2. Blog about this post (leave a link/3 entries)
3. Tweet about this post (leave a link/2 entries)
4. Favorite Shadows of the Goddess Designs on Etsy
5. Follow the Tribal Horse Designs blog
6. Be a Wicked Darling (follow Pagan Culture through GFC)
7. Follow Pagan Culture on Twitter
8. Friend me on Facebook
9. Snatch one (or all) of my buttons from the sidebar
* Opened to US and Canada residents only.
* This giveaway ends October 10th at 5:13pm.