Daily Thirteen: Marine Style Witchy Fitness

I went for a walk and discovered temperatures were already too freaking cold for my Caribbean witchy hide. I love the winter season, but I generally prefer to enjoy its frigid beauty from a warm distance. This situation can become an issue for a Witch who wants to stay off her broom during the winter.

But don’t worry, m’luvs, I have a plan: this cool for you but cold as the dickens for me season, I’m opting for a bit of indoor Marine style witchy fitness. I’m taking the Marine Corps’ Daily 16 Program, and turning it into my Daily 13. Yep, I will do 13 exercises 5 days a week.

The Daily 16 Program is a comprehensive series of warm up, conditioning, and cool-down exercises. The warm up exercises facilitate gradual distribution of blood flow to the muscles, preparing both the cardiovascular and musculoskeletal systems for the exercise session, by effectively targeting both the upper and lower body.

The increased blood produces a warming effect that aids the elasticity muscles and connective tissues, which is believed to reduce injury risks.

The conditioning exercises include traditional calisthenics that can vary in duration, degree of difficulty, and level of intensity, and provide a safe total body workout. The Daily 16 cool down exercises (the same exercises used in the warm up) allow the body to gradually return to the pre-exercise state.”

I’ve listed 12 exercises borrowed from Marine Corps Stuff. Monkey F*ckers was not part of their selection, but I felt it was too effective and hilarious not to share. Click HERE for a detailed version of the Daily 16 Program, and for some kick-ass jarhead(ish) exercise routines.

Monkey F*ckers: Start with your feet flat on the ground, legs slightly spread, hands grabbing your ankles, and your butt up in the air. Keep your head up for balance and form. Then move your butt up and down. If your thighs don’t start to burn after a few repetitions, check your form… And if the exercise is been done in front of friends and they are not roaring, start checking pulses; your friends are dead or worse, they have no sense of humor! Here is the video of a couple of soldiers trying to out-monkey f*ck each other. 

13 Exercises I Love
1. Crunches
2. Dirty Dogs
3. Donkey Kicks
4. Elbow to Knee Crunches
5. Flutter Kicks
7. Leg Lifts
8. Lunges
9. Monkey F*ckers
10. Side Crunches
11. Side Leg Lifts
12. Side Straddle Hops
13. Steam Engines
Week for stats... Well, let me just say that it was so boring that reporting on it would be silly. My body takes forever to change; the flesh is as stubborn as the mind. I will share some measurements next week. Keep on working your butts off, my Wicked Darlings! Oh, I have watered my witchy self often ;-)

***


Linda Wildenstein a.k.a. Oma Linda from Olde Baggs ‘n Stuft Shirts
Congrats wicked wise one! Please send me your mailing info:
magalyguerrero @ live . com

***
*************************
Day twenty-five to Get Off Your Broom, and The Real Witches of Halloween and The 2011 Countdown to Hallowe’en and yeah, party! Have you visited Danni, Lyn, Serenity and the rest of the witchy partiers yet?
 

33 comments:

  1. Carterdealejos1310/25/2011

    Great video Magaly...just love my Marines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've spent way too much time watching Marine stuff w/ Hubby... As you were explaining everything, I was hearing Gunny Ermey's voice in my head lmao

    And that is the FUNNIEST video ever!! And people wonder why I love Marines so much <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diandra Linnemann10/25/2011

    Thanks for sharing - I saved the document to my hard drive and will look into it. Always looking for new fun stuff to torture myself with. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slommler10/25/2011

    Ouch!  That is what I would be saying if I tried just two of those exercises!!  Ha!  Good luck!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. DARKWENCH10/25/2011

    I can feel my back ache just watching that vid...LOL.
    Good on you for taking it indoors - I am exercising indoors too - I am lucky 'coz my Ghoulboy set up a room for my gym gear and we both use it now :o) 
    My body takes ages to change too - it's not fair huh - especially when you read some blogs and they say I've lost pounds and feel great.........I still have a little pot belly I'm trying to get rid of....
    It's going free if anyone wants it.......I'll even pay the postage!!!
    No Takers????
    Darn....back to the treadmill :o(
    Good Luck this week Magaly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy-JudysPhotos@blogspot.com10/25/2011

    Congratulations Linda...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy-JudysPhotos@blogspot.com10/25/2011

    Now that exercise looks like it would actually do the butt raising trick...ouch...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Deb, it is sooooooooooooo good to see you here, and you know I do have my Marines too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! We rarely watch any Marine stuff at home--my rule. I either get all nostalgic and pissed off depending on what is showing lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm the same when it comes to exercise, if I don't find new things, I get bored to death.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are absolutely forbidden from doing any of these right now, little lady! But once you heal and the corsets come off, monkey f*ckers it is ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm jealous of your gym. I remember when I had one of those, and what a treat. 

    I'm sure by the time you get done with the belly there will be nothing to sell.

    Great luck to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It will raise something alright ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The names alone of those exercises must make them fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  15. jonquil10/25/2011

    congrats oma linda! the guy in the front of the video won the contest ;) before starting such a routine, i would have to check with my knees! (yale is still fighting over where to send me...rhuemotology for r.a. or ortho for degenerative joint disease).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ouch, my dear. You keep an eye on those knees, and hopefully the place they send you too is the one you need.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know, in reference to taking birth control, one of my friends once said "I'd rather be fat and smart, then skinny and stupid" and for some reason just the way she said it made me laugh - alot of that had to do with the fact that she was in fact, quite over weight, and I must say, I'd much rather be fat and comfortable then skinny and exausted....and yes ladies and gents we all know Syn will attempt this work out simply because Magaly said she should :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. MagicLoveCrow10/25/2011

    Magaly, I was laughing my head off at your video!! LOL! You are crazy and I love ya! Thanks for the excersizes, seriously!!! I already do Hello Dollies and I didn't know they were called that! I feel special! LOL! Good for you, with all of this!! Congrats to Linda!! Actually, you and Linda, should get your  little butts over to my blog, wink ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Betsy Bailey10/25/2011

    I'm going to have to try some of these myself. Especially the monkey f#$^ers because honestly that looks like it's both hard core and hysterical. :) 

    ReplyDelete
  20. Syn, you are too much lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. What's life and a workout without a little fun? ;-)
    On my way to you. WoooHooo!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay! Seriously, MF's are a wonder for the legs and the laughter is good for the abs and soul ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  23. ForestWalkArt/laura kinney10/26/2011

    ...with a name like Monkey F**ers...how can you NOT get motivated...to...uh...exercise!!   i need to try some of that myself!! ha!!  and speaking of  Monkey F**ers and exercise...happy hump day!
    ((thanks for dropping in at my place...you've got a cool spot here...and i'll be back to wander some more...))

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't know why, but reading "hump day" made roar! 

    Welcome to my witchy cyber home Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Greenwitchwithsprinkles10/29/2011

    OMG! I am still laughing with that video but it would not be near as funny if I did not know the name of the exercise. LOL You marines have the best sense of humor. But in all seriousness, thank you so much for the exercises. I am going to go look into them and see if I can incorporate anything. You are such a bundle of inspiration and love, dear friend.

     

    ReplyDelete
  26. Glad you laughed a bit ;-) MFs are great for the legs and butt, and as you have already experienced, they are awesome for the laughing muscles. Let me know how it goes if you do some of them, alright? 

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for the share. I'm going to have to do a few
    exercises indoors, I think; my dog and hubby wont walk in the rain, so I end up
    missing my walk when it's raining, since I'm unable to take myself yet.


     


    Awesome about the water thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Greenwitchwithsprinkles10/30/2011

    Hello love. I have been looking over the Daily 16 document and OMG!!! Now I see why marines are so freakin hot. ;-) Anyway, mind pulled out of the gutter, I am going to borrow some myself, a little at a time, because I don't want to break something, and I will let you know how it turns out. I love the idea of basic calisthenics that can be done at home. Thanks again! Smooches to you, my sweet.  

    ReplyDelete
  29. I understand them, I don't mind the rain... in the Tropics. Here, where is cold and miserable, I'll stay inside. Yep, I'm a coward when it comes to cold and I'm not ashamed to admit it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I know you'll enjoy them much. I like calisthenics quite a bit because they use my own body as resistance, and because I can have a good aerobic workout without living the house in the winter ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I missed this post! Exercise? Uh... Most of what I call exercise I do with a (willing) partner. No monkey needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I want for the other to be enough, too. But with my asthma and muscular-skeletal issues, I need more exercise than what my "willing partner" and I can come up with without falling asleep after. ;-D

      Delete