Witchy Wit and Wisdom… Spellwork

“I ask the power of earth and land
Come on out, give me a hand.
I need a way into this dive,
Peel away years, ten and five.
Gotta do what must be done,
Make it so, Number One.

[Jake] hoped Jean Luc didn’t mind the line rip-off. Some witches could get away with spellwork that didn’t rhyme, but he wasn’t one of them. And he’d gotten past the ‘as I will, so mote it be’ crap a long time ago.”
To Love a Witch by Debora Geary
Debora Geary is a witty and hilarious author. I love how she can make me roar with laughter and nod with agreement, often at the same time. Moira, one of my favorite characters on Debora’s A Modern Witch Series, has some amazing things to say about tradition.

If you haven’t read Debora yet, I urge you to visit her website and check things out. I’m looking forward to reading her Witches on Parole: Unlocked, and the third novel on the series that made me fall in love with her writing, A Reckless Witch.

Oh, and she has a short piece on Pink Snowbunnies in Hell (A Flash-Fiction Anthology) that is currently tickling my curiosity bone. I mean, seriously, look at this cover. Doesn’t it make you want to read it?


Share |

20 comments:

  1. lisa brawner9/15/2011

    Her books sound interesting . I will def check her out .

    ReplyDelete
  2. zombiegoddess9/15/2011

    "Pink Snowbunnies In Hell".  I am in love.  One of the books I am reading at the moment is "My Life As A Redneck Zombie".  This ain't your momma's "Great Gatsby" anymore lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ljrich9/15/2011

    I'm totally reading these! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tamara9/15/2011

    lol you always come up with some good books to review!! Gotta check out these, they sound really interesting and fun. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And they are sooo funny too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the feeling. And I'll gave to check out the ... Redneck Zombie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm almost willing to suggest that you will LOVE Debora's writing. There is so much about the family dynamics that I believe you will totally understand. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb Geary9/15/2011

    Ah, a witch who likes my Star Trek rhyming - Magaly, I knew I liked you!!! :D.

    And zombiegoddess - I'm terribly sorry.  I don't think any of the 20 authors in the anthology put a zombie in hell.  D'oh!  Dunno how we missed that...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Velody -9/15/2011

    These sound really interesting, I definitely will check them out. I'm a sucker for witty writers. 

    ReplyDelete
  10. MagicLoveCrow9/15/2011

    Pink SnowBunnies In Hell, looks so funny! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Slommler9/16/2011

    Aaaaaa!!!  No!!  Ha!!
    Hi sweetie.....
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait either.  In fact it's the motivation getting me through my current read.  I've put off finishing it to long so I won't let myself get started on Witches on Parole: Unlocked.  lol  I was saying yesterday I need to start a list of my fav. indi authors and Debora Geary would top that list of "hidden gems"

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Hidden gems" indeed! Don't you just love the way she portrays family, magic and community? I sure do! (You can tell by the amount of exclamation marks I used on this reply lol)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you'll like SueAnn.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read half of it already, and three of them still make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You must come back and tell me what you think, after you read them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a proud Star Trek witchy nerd, so putting the two together puts your writing in a list I didn't even know I was keeping. 

    And I think the Zombie Goddess will be quite pleased with the furry pink-razor-sharp-teeth-ankle-nibblers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a new "inspired by Magaly" section in response to your love of 13 and Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How absolutely cool! I'm on my way to check it out ;-)

    ReplyDelete