Still Whole… After an Earthquake and a Hurricane


The lovely work of Photographyabdu.com

I’m home… after an earthquake and a hurricane. My Piano Man, the Princess and I were visiting the grandparents in Friday Harbor. We missed the shakes and the windy rains. We were supposed to return a week ago. Irene had other plans for us. We played along… You don’t have to be a Witch to know that it would be immensely irrational to argue with the forces of Nature… or with airlines.

My netbook got sick during the trip. I’m currently missing a few chapters from my work in progress, one commissioned article vanished, and a bit of schoolwork seems to have gone poof.

The earthquake and the hurricane spared our home and our cars—we had been worried. My rosemary died due to lack of water and absence of sweet talk, but she’ll make a great All Hallow’s Eve tree. I don’t want to think about what Spike, our fish, ate the last two weeks, but I’m glad it kept him swimming. His bowl is really clean too.

My inbox is about to burst…

I missed a week of school, and making-up won’t be fun. The challenge will sure be delicious though. Bring it on assignments, I have witchy nerd power!

I also have so much to share… including a few bits, which I think will put huge smiles on the faces of Practical Magic partiers. I will reply to your comments and emails soon. I’ll visit your cyber homes sooner.


Share |

22 comments:

  1. Debra She Who Seeks9/02/2011

    Glad everyone is safe and sound, including the ever-resourceful Spike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SunshineShelle9/02/2011

    So pleased you are back safe & sound, I worried about mother nature hitting New York, maybe she was happy to see Central Park & all that green revered in such a huge city... OK, details are fine, by the way ;) (grinning wickedly back)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slommler9/02/2011

    Glad you are okay!  And dear Spike did what he had to do!  Ha!!
    Sorry about the missing work...that sucks for sure!
    Enjoy Piano Man...oh I know you will!!   Hehehehe
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dark Mother9/02/2011

    Welcome back!  It's been a hell of a couple of weeks and Mother Nature is stomping her foot to get everyone's attention to get their heads out of their asses and start treating her better.  Let's hope more people heed her warning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tamara9/02/2011

    ((Magaly)) I'm so glad you are all alright and had no damage, other than your poor rosemary and your lose of some chapters :(. New York has really been hit by Mother Nature the past few weeks and still she stands strong. :) Can't wait to hear what Practical Magic goodie you are gonna share! lol Welcome Back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that you're doing well, and that your fishy survived. I don't really want to think what he was eating, though...

    ReplyDelete
  7. ElleMoonGoddess9/02/2011

    glad everyone made it thru the storm! this post made me giggle a bit.. you make things that i would be just OMG-ing about into a challenge. i need to mirror this attitude of yours! 

    hugs and love!!! (((((((<3)))))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. MagicLoveCrow9/02/2011

    Magaly, I am so happy that all of you are back safe and sound ;o) I would like to know what the fish ate too? LOL! I'm grinning wickedly back at you! ;o) 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda Wildenstein9/02/2011

    So glad that you all are safe, back home and all is well. Feel bad about the missing verbage. Can hardly wait to hear what you'll share with us. Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pinkglitterfae9/02/2011

    hey girl I'm just getting caught up on my blogs, I am so glad to hear you are all ok. What's with this crazy weather?? and both in one week! I think Mother nature's pissed, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is swimming like he owns the world; gracias!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She was just reminding people about her power. Either that or she is just having quaky windy torrential flashes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did and I will; often.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was thinking about you the entire time and praying everything was alright. I know your bit of the world was pissed on and then again. Hope everything is alright on the home front. 

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was indeed, but not as bad as New Jersey, North Carolina and a few others... I'm still praying for them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I told Spike that I love his resourcefulness, but that I don't want to know the details of his survival story lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Careful what you wish for lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Life happens, we might as well smile at the bumps and make them an exciting right. So happy to have made you giggle ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've missed you. I'll go and read all your witty bits as soon as I get my inbox half empty *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lucky you catching up on your blogs. That (and everything else, it seems) is on m agenda for the next few days. Read you soon!

    And yes, The Lady is pissed!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Last night I watched a deliciously terrible movie about the East Coast getting hit by a fast moving, HUGE glacier...there now doesn't a hurricane sound nice?  ;-)

    I'm very happy you are all safe, including Spike.  Weather is ever mild in mid-Michigan.  If you ever want to live somewhere boring.  lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Getting smacked by the cold, lovely lol. 
    If I move to Michigan, you and I would rock the house and then the place would never be the same again ;-)

    ReplyDelete