Doing It Twice or More

I’ve read many of my books twice or more. When I take the time to really look at things—and at people—I love, I end up falling in love all over again.

For instance, I write in bed, and I do it very early in the morning. Most of the times (if not all) my Piano Man is sleeping right next to me. I glance at him every once in a while, and notice a sleepy smile I hadn’t seen before. Sometimes I find a new sexy freckle on his shoulders, his back… Or he cocks his leg in the most seductive of ways. I love those moments.

My doing-it-twice-or-more habits are not exclusive to reading or to Piano Man watching. I do the same with my writing. I rearrange sentences, paragraphs, chapters… to see if they help my fiction flow. And, of course, I do it with Pagan Culture.

Last night, I was looking at Skully (the girl who lives in my banner ). I needed something fun to make me forget the fact that I need to read a 700 page book for school, and I already know nothing really happens in the story. So there I was playing with my blog as I listened to the textbook... I got really close to my laptop screen, and examined Skully’s face paint. I gasped: she has daisy-like circles around her eyes! I had noticed the mask, of course, but never thought of it as daisies. Shelly is a freaking genius. I LOVE daisies and she knows it.

Isn’t it wonderful to rediscover one’s own treasures? 

Share |

19 comments:

  1. Such discoveries are definitely fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess...your post had me staring at Skully and her surroundings for a good 3 minutes with my face nearly plastered to the screen! I was (obviously) looking for more neat little hidden objects (and not just falling asleep at the computer again, ahem).

    I did notice a family of three little bats...they remind me of you, your Piano Man and the Princess :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love noticing little things that I haven't seen before.  At first I feel like a moron for not seeing it, but then I feel like a superhero for being so observant. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda Wildenstein9/22/2011

    I had an art professor who called your experience "new eyes". According to him, we all see what we need to see until it is time for "whatever" to reveal itself. I must also be experiencing a concept called "new brain" too.
    As for your daisies.....I'm from a part of the country where daisies around the eyes are traditional. But I swear it took me a minute to take in what you were saying....see there "new brain". XO The Olde Bagg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slommler9/22/2011

    What a pleasant and lovely surprise!! 
    Hugging you
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. MagicLoveCrow9/22/2011

    Yes, Shelle is a genius ;o) And, are you sure you are looking at Piano man's leg??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too sweet, especially because the last bat is really tiny just like the Princess ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always put a smile on my face. "New Brain" lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hugging you right back. 
    By the way, you and your magic with colors and textures came to mind today, as I thought about how to rearrange my altar for the Autumnal Equinox. 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stacy, I just laugh so hard. I love you, my crow girl! 

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dark Mother9/23/2011

    I seemed to have lost my sexual mojo.  I have the sneaky feeling you have stolen it girl ; )

    ReplyDelete
  12. MagicLoveCrow9/23/2011

    Love you too ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful discovery. That which you love was there all along.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Indeed. I just looked at it, and grinned ;-)

    ReplyDelete