Witchy Wit and Wisdom… Witchcraft

The thing about witchcraft,” said Mistress Weatherwax, “is that it’s not like school at all. First you get the test, and then afterward you spend years findin’ out how you passed it. It’s a bit like life in that respect.” The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett

Granny’s headology can be used to explained just about anything, so I thought this quote would do the job when explaining how I feel about the hurricane approaching New York. I am worried about my family and friends, of course, but I know things happen for a reason. I have no idea what that reason might be, but I will have many, many, many days to make sense of it. Sometimes you have to take what you are given and hope for the best. I’m hoping...  


Share |

16 comments:

  1. zombiemom8/27/2011

    Praying for safety for all our friends, known and unknown, in the path of this storm.  I have got to start reading Pratchett :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diandra Linnemann8/27/2011

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slommler8/27/2011

    Hoping with you!!!  Prayers darlin'!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen Abbott8/27/2011

    Living in an area that sees hurricanes frequently and having lived through at least four or five major storms I know how you feel. the last one here, Ike, several years ago almost completely inundated Galveston island so if anyone is in low lying areas they need to move to higher ground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda Wildenstein8/27/2011

    Be well, take care and I am anxious to hear you take on this adventure that nature has offered up. I can't imagine or wrap my mind around this because I have never experienced a hurricane but that doesn't mean I don't have hopes for a good outcome for all who will  be touched by this weather event. much love, Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asher @Witchery8/27/2011

    Ah, I do love the Discworld!  I believe Granny Weatherwax has much wisdom to offer in times like these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MagicLoveCrow8/27/2011

    Magaly, I am with you my friend, in spirit and surrounding you with prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ljrich8/27/2011

    I will be sitting here biting my nails to the quick. And, watching the live NY cams. Be safe over there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No more biting, at least not on my account (thank goodness!) It seems we'll be alright ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your calming words have been with me dear Oma!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are in the high lands, thank goodness, and it seems that things were not as bad as we thought they would be in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your words are with you. And when you start reading The Knight Writer let me know. I suspect you'll love a toad that appears in the Tiffany Aching books ;-)

    ReplyDelete