Some Pet Peeves Are Borderline Ridiculous

I thank the Universe that convinced the God of Textbooks to try Kindle. Let me explain…

I have many pet peeves when it comes to things I can control; so many that every once in a while even my OCD glares at me and says, “Don’t even try to blame that one on me, Witch. Even I know that’s dumb.” Yes, my OCD is quite vocal. Anyhoo (The Urban Dictionary 2nd definition of Anyhoo says that it is “a really irritating, corny way of saying anyhow.” Well, screw them; it’s my post and I can use clichĂ© if I want to). Back to the point, remember how proud I was after I changed my sidebar from single and ginormous to double and tidy?

I am still proud…

But…

I can’t deal with the unevenness at the bottom. It drives me nuts. I’m okay with the main bar (the post, I suppose) being longer than the sidebar. Things change when it comes to the double bars; tolerance leaves me as soon as someone in my blog roll titles a post something really long, or one of my tweets is so long that if affects the length of the sidebar and things start to look jagged.

Rolling your eyes at this moment is not only acceptable, but advisable. I told you it was ridiculous…

A few years ago this would have ruined my whole day; not the fact that I had to change it, but because I would have wasted a bunch of time at it. And suggesting that it is nonsense won’t help. I know it is pure crap, but if I don’t do it I can’t concentrate on anything else. I would be the one trying to read something for school—and failing—because I can’t help wondering if the world is going to end because my blog’s sidebars are unaligned.

Waste time no more! The Textbook God has allowed its followers to go audio and text-to-speech enabled. Yep, I shall mess with my sidebar while Mr. Konka Kindle (I’ll tell you about him later) uses his sexy robotic voice to delight me with The Elements of Style by Strunk Jr. and White. Life is good… 
If you are the artist who photographed this lovely
please get a hold of me. I would love to give you credit.


Share |

31 comments:

  1. Linda Wildenstein8/18/2011

    I love the way you think/write. You are a kick in the pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pixie Allen8/18/2011

    I love your OCD, I feel close to normal when I read these kinds of posts from you lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen Abbott8/18/2011

    I will spend an unbelievable amount of time jacking around with small details only I will notice so I totally get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too lol, so I'm very happy you do as well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave up trying to explain to myself that it was a waste of time. I've gotten better at choosing the battles I can win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dark Mother8/18/2011

    I can't be comfortable unless I vacuum my house, so we are sisters in this psychosis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Slommler8/18/2011

    What's a person to say??  Ha!!  I am sorry that your columns are uneven.  That sucks I am sure!  If it makes you feel any better mine is uneven too!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the intelligent words of one of m y former pre-school student. "Ms Teacher Ma'am, I fixeded it." lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. A witchy woman after my own heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lydia Pagnotti8/18/2011

    Oh, I get this!  To me, my house is a mess if I have messages on my answering machine.  The counter should always read "0"
    I say do what you have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maddyrose8/18/2011

    I joke around  about my OCD because I don't want people to take me seriously about the strange things that seem so important to me. This makes me feel normal so believe me  I understand completely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Judy-Judysphotos.blogspot.com8/18/2011

    As you requested, eye roll...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, in my case, I'm okay if the entire house can look like a hurricane got close and personal with it, but if my shoes (or anyone else's in the house) are not aligned, I loose my cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't totally get this. That "0" can mean a lot. 

    ReplyDelete
  15. I joke about it because there is no point getting mad over things you can't change. You can choose to live with it, or take out back and shoot it, and being that the latter doesn't apply... then living is all what's left.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Multi-tasking....yeah, I am all about that! :D  Great post....but then I am always a sucker for a kitty picture! :D

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. MagicLoveCrow8/18/2011

    Magaly, I totally understand what you are talking about! You should see me gardening! I can stand for about 15 minutes or more looking at a tree I am trimming, making sure about the height and width. My mom always laughs! As long as you are happy, that's the main thing! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. One of my pet peeves is...I can't stand people touching my hair! I wear it ultra short and it's natual an curly. People like to touch it. I don't know why but, they do. It drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Diandra Linnemann8/19/2011

    Haha. My OCD is less annoying (at least for me) - for example, the big cereal bowls always have to be put in the right order: Blue on the bottom, green in the middle and yellow on top. Makes perfect sense. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glasses are arranged from smallest to biggest, starting from left to right, but this does not apply to wine glasses, which should always be placed on the left. Yep, perfect sense ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm glad I have no issues with the hair because I know exactly what you mean; poor you.

    P.S. Guess who just got Blood Work? And it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I bet mama enjoys that immensely; I would.

    ReplyDelete
  23. They are just irresistible, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mina Crump8/19/2011

    LMAO! My double Virgo self is nodding frantically in a agreeance with you. If something is uneven, uncentered, unbalanced... I could quite possibly lose my mind over worry. I have done digital collages which may be 25 or 30 images in 1, notice a line out of place and move every single piece over 1 millionth of an inch before I can rest again. Yes my lovely, my picture is next to the words anal and OCD in all modern dictionaries.

    All hail the Textbook God! Hugs to you, sweetie.
     

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm the one sitting next to you, in the dictionary, looking all giggly and proud ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooo!  I could really use that.  Though not for the Elements of Style . . . ;-)

    My OCD is a little whacked sometimes, too - granted not as whacked as yours, apparently (HA! I kid), I'll be doing a post about it some day.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can get a lot done when my mind is split between tasks ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Modwitch (Debora Geary)8/20/2011

    LOL!!!  Strunk and White on robot-voice is my idea of the 4th ring of hell.  (written as my son sits lining up all the shoes in our house...)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Vickie8/23/2011

    BTW you have been awarded The Versatile Blogger Award. Catch it here: Aoibheal's Lair

    ReplyDelete