Safety Is Good, but Liberty and Wit Are Way Better

“You can always try to play it safe, but that keeps you small and earthbound. Most people live that way. I want you to take wing and soar. I pray for that every single day.” Val in Red Hot Liberty by Devin O’Branagan

Witch Hunt was impressive, but Red Hot Liberty is Devin O’Branagan’s masterpiece. This novel is loaded with characters; so many that at one point I wondered if one or two would get lost in the crowd. They didn’t. The unique attitude of every character remains fresh in my mind, even the dogs’—specially the dogs’. I’m telling you, my Wicked Darlings; reading about Talisman’s love life altered my worldview on canine romance and Australian Shepherds in general.

Red Hot Liberty is a well-balanced characterization and plot mix. My inner reader is beyond pleased with the depth of the storyline. I laughed, cried and felt like to raising a flag upside down to speak of our “country’s distress”. You are probably wondering what I’m talking about, but my policy that says spoilers should be shot on sight won’t allow me to share many details. I’ll just say that Molly O’Malley, the main character, has suffered everything from child abuse to sexual assault, yet her impressive life can’t shadow Liberty Truth’s. The latter made me want to jump in my Marine Corps uniform and drill some sense into certain individuals and organizations.

Devin’s characters live in a disturbing but hilarious world of political, social and spiritual turmoil. Red Hot Liberty reads like the adored lovechild of Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum Series, if Diesel was British and Grandma Mazur was a patriotic dog loving revolutionary. 
Visit Devin O’Branagan’s website to read excerpts from Red Hot Liberty, and to see all the places where you can buy her novels.


Share |

12 comments:

  1. I am going to have to get this book! I love Evanovich!
    Thanks for the recommend
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll enjoy it, SueAnn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed it so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the great review of my book! Of all my novels, I believe this is my best so far, and it means a great deal to me to see it received so enthusiastically.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toriz - Gracias.

    Devin - I have a feeling I won't be the only one to love it this much; Red Hot Liberty is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toriz - Gracias.

    Devin - I have a feeling I won't be the only one to love it this much; Red Hot Liberty is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to have to get this book! I love Evanovich!
    Thanks for the recommend
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. MagicLoveCrow8/16/2011

    This book sounds excellent ;o) Now, I have to finish the two I won from you first ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed this one a lot. It reads so real...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mina Crump8/17/2011

    Oh Magaly, this sounds amazing! I loved Witch Hunt and if this is a masterpiece in comparison, I must read it.

    I wanted to tell you that tribute to the love your hold for your Piano Man and his return to you was one of the most beautiful things I have ever read but I was not able to comment on your last post. Please give him a huge belated birthday wish! Hugs to you, my sweet luv.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an amazing book, I have a feeling you are going to fall in love with Liberty Truth--she is such a fighter. 

    Thanks so much for those words about my Piano Man. They came straight from the heart, so it feels good to know they had the desired effect ;-) He is my incredible man; my superhero (like the Princess says "He can fly like superman, carrying really heave stuff and he don't even need wings, just a cape") she is very much into her daddy ;-)

    Hugs right back at you!

    ReplyDelete