Witchy Wit and Wisdom… Moon

“What was supposed to be so special about a full moon? It was only a big circle of light. And the dark of the moon was only darkness. But halfway between the two, when the moon was between the worlds of light and dark, when even the moon lived on the edge...maybe then a witch could believe in the moon.” Witches Abroad by Terry Pratchett

Earlier today, I read “Liminal Moments and Magic” by my dear friend Grey Glamer, over at Following the Willowisp. His post made me feel witchy and brought Terry Pratchett to my mind. It reminded me of that indescribably something that fills my soul when I look at the moon… or when I feel her presence.

I know that most people are attracted to the full moon; not me. I feel magical and undeniably “between the worlds of light and dark;” when my eyes can’t see the moon, but my soul knows she is all around me.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Terry Pratchett’s fiction tells reality tales, doesnt it? 

Share |

13 comments:

  1. Yes, it definately does! :)

    Personally I'm attracted to the moon regardless of the phase. The constant presence of both the sun and the moon is like a reminder that the Gods and Goddesses are out there - somewhere - watching over us, and caring for the Earth.

    Brightest blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. The phases affect me differently, but I the dark moon has the most power over me. And yes, when I look up, or see her shine reflected on the nature around me, my soul knows that I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at the moon in all the different phases. She is so beautiful ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is indeed, and I'm sure when you smile at her with that wonderfully sweet grin of yours, she rejoices right back at you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe... the BF used to make fun of Terry Pratchett, mostly because he only knew real freaks who liked his books (and me). Then he read something by TP, and ever since he has been telling me how wonderful those books are. (Really, honey? You couldn't just believe me?)

    (^v^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I can't wait for you guys to move to the US (one day) I have a feeling I'll really the BF, and you and I will brew fun things and make the world a little wilder...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The moon and I seem to notice each other quite often...I must concentrate on just enjoying her rather than photographing her each time...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post. I love the moon always but when she is full and glowing in all her beauty I am transfixed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy - I think she enjoys your flashes, which might be the reason why she looks so gorgeous through your lens.

    Mina - She is a striking one, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great quote. Honestly all the moon phases make me feel magical. I always smile when I see the moon during the day - how many people miss the moon and the sun sharing the same sky? That's really magical.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is something wonderful about two grand so different things sharing common grounds, um... space lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is something wonderful about two grand so different things sharing common grounds, um... space lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great quote. Honestly all the moon phases make me feel magical. I always smile when I see the moon during the day - how many people miss the moon and the sun sharing the same sky? That's really magical.

    ReplyDelete