Witchy Aliens Armed with Pheromones

Charmed Meets My Stepmother Is an Alien, and “the power of three”—or 4 in this case—has enough sex pheromones to blast the enemy’s pants right off their butts.

Edie Ramer’s Galaxy Girls are hilarious, and pissed, and ovulating… Yes, my dears, these women’s bodies are ready to make babies, on their own terms. The men in Galaxy Girls want a piece of the action too, but the women’s terms don’t excite some of the guys, so they say: “Stop ovulating!” and the fact that one of the characters is holding a gun against someone’s head when he utters those words, makes the novel freaking brilliant.    

Wondering why I think of Galaxy Girls as witchy alien novel? Well, they come from a planet 32 solar systems away from earth, and they have innate powers that are as witchy as they come: one reads minds, one sees the future, one has the gift of empathy (I think), one can see auras, all are very aware of their sexuality. Oh, and they own and teashop where they do readings. Witchy!

But the novel is not a valley of niceties, which is what makes Edie Ramer such a gifted writer: this creative worldbuilder takes serious issues and discusses them in ways that are funny enough to bare. This novel approaches religion, gender inequalities, taboos, relationships… you name it, and Edie brings them and makes them work together.

Want a taste of Edie Ramer’s goodness? Stop by her website and check out her books.

Share |

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting, action packed read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you're making me want to run to my library right now to see if they have it...you're not playing nice. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magaly...you do have a way of making me want to read what you are reviewing...though I suppose that's the purpose of the exercise, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's also at B&N if your reader is not a Kindle...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarita - This is a quick read, and oh my the fun!

    MagicLoveCrow - It's delicious.

    Judy - I scheduled a post that will be published in a few days (about my book reviews) When you read it, you'll see why your comment made me laugh so loud that I was afraid I was going to wake my Piano Man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magaly, thanks for such a great review! Love the "Witchy Aliens armed with Pheromones" title!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going to the beach next , looks like a good read....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this sounds wonderful! You do such fabulous reviews, Magaly. Thank you so much, you little love .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Edie - I enjoyed the tale, very much ;-)

    Barbara - Hope you had a blast!

    Mina - It is easy to write about good things. I think this one will make you roar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magaly, thanks for such a great review! Love the "Witchy Aliens armed with Pheromones" title!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's also at B&N if your reader is not a Kindle...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this sounds wonderful! You do such fabulous reviews, Magaly. Thank you so much, you little love .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Arriellegreen9/20/2011

    Thank you, that sounds pretty straightforward. This is going to be a great read! :)

    do pheromones work

    ReplyDelete