Taboos Won’t Hurt You, If You Butcher Them First

I enjoyed reading Initiate by Tara Maya, but Taboo, her second book in The Unfinished Song Series, left me panting and looking for more. I was enchanted by the way Tara took the taboos she had created within Dindi’s world and weaved them with traditional limitations that have been common in our society for way too long. Tara gives a clue, here and there, that certainly say something terrible this way comes… but I was so enthralled by the narrative that I must shamefully admit to have missed them all, the first time around.

In Taboo, Dindi takes the forbidden dance to the next level. Kavio grows into his herohood (I know that is not a word, but I’m writing it anyway); he is not the kid who was unfairly exiled, but a man with a calculating brain and the muscle to back up his ideas. Gremo, oh my freaking gods, Gremo blew my mind! When I reached the scene where he finally becomes the being he was meant to be, I had to go back and read it again. I could barely believe what took place, and I loved the surprise. 

Taras characters have been hurt by taboos; in this novel they decide to return some of the bloody treatment.

I can hardly wait for Sacrifice, the third book in the series. Thank goodness (and Tara) that I won’t have to wait that long, for it should come out this summer *squeals*. You, my luvs, should be excited too. Why? Well, Tara is giving away an ebook copy of Taboo. Yep, you get to read, first hand, what my excitement is all about.
This is all you need to do to enter this giveaway:
- Visit Tara Maya’s blog, check out her sidebar and come back to tell me which of her tales you like best and why. Oh, in case you want to know, I think “Tomorrow We Dance” is freaking amazing!

For extra entries (worth 1 entry each):
- Blog about this post (leave a link)
- Tweet about this post (leave a link)
- Follow Tara Maya’s blog
- Follow Tara Maya on Twitter
- Be a Wicked Darling (follow Pagan Culture)
- Grab a button or three (one entry each)
* Please leave separate comments.

 This giveaway ends July 15th at 5:13pm.

Can’t wait to read Taboo? Go snatch it from Amazon, Barnes & Noble or Smashwords

Share |

12 comments:

  1. The book sounds so exciting!!
    Must go visit her blog now.
    Have a great rest of your weekend!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I don't know how you manage to find all these amazing books but you do!! This one sounds really good and i think i need to read it. lol Gotta agree with you on Tomorrow We Dance...the cover of it looks pretty intence. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower of Tara's blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And of course I'm a wicked darling lol :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, my sweet! I have had such a hectic week and am finally making my rounds.

    This book sounds absolutely amazing and delicious. You do such wonderful reviews. As you know, I attempted one and (sigh)...Magaly, you make it look so easy but it is NOT. Going forward, I leave these things to the pros. Ok, I am off to see Miss Tara Maya's sidebar...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to read Tomorrow we Dance. It sounds wonderful and I love the idea of a Bone Whistler. Kind of gives me a chill (in the most wonderfully wicked way!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am your wicked darling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Unfinished Song book 1 sounds like a very interesting read.

    (\___/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://twitter.com/#!/alterlisa/status/91309356641042432

    (\___/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. - Follow Tara Maya’s blog-Lisa Richards

    (\___/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. - Follow Tara Maya on Twitter@alterlisa

    (\___/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

    7/13/11 9:02 PM

    ReplyDelete
  12. - Be a Wicked Darling -Lisa Richards
    (\___/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete