I enjoyed reading Initiate by Tara Maya, but Taboo, her second book in The Unfinished Song Series, left me panting and looking for more. I was enchanted by the way Tara took the taboos she had created within Dindi’s world and weaved them with traditional limitations that have been common in our society for way too long. Tara gives a clue, here and there, that certainly say something terrible this way comes… but I was so enthralled by the narrative that I must shamefully admit to have missed them all, the first time around.
In Taboo, Dindi takes the forbidden dance to the next level. Kavio grows into his herohood (I know that is not a word, but I’m writing it anyway); he is not the kid who was unfairly exiled, but a man with a calculating brain and the muscle to back up his ideas. Gremo, oh my freaking gods, Gremo blew my mind! When I reached the scene where he finally becomes the being he was meant to be, I had to go back and read it again. I could barely believe what took place, and I loved the surprise.
Tara’s characters have been hurt by taboos; in this novel they decide to return some of the bloody treatment.
I can hardly wait for Sacrifice, the third book in the series. Thank goodness (and Tara) that I won’t have to wait that long, for it should come out this summer *squeals*. You, my luvs, should be excited too. Why? Well, Tara is giving away an ebook copy of Taboo. Yep, you get to read, first hand, what my excitement is all about.
This is all you need to do to enter this giveaway:
- Visit Tara Maya’s blog, check out her sidebar and come back to tell me which of her tales you like best and why. Oh, in case you want to know, I think “Tomorrow We Dance” is freaking amazing!
For extra entries (worth 1 entry each):
- Blog about this post (leave a link)
- Tweet about this post (leave a link)
- Follow Tara Maya’s blog
- Follow Tara Maya on Twitter
- Be a Wicked Darling (follow Pagan Culture)
- Grab a button or three (one entry each)
* Please leave separate comments.
This giveaway ends July 15th at 5:13pm.