On Guest Post Requests and Other Logistical Bits

My inbox is filled with more guest post requests than I can handle at the moment. In the past, I’ve handled requests on a first-come-first-served basis, but I’m changing that: Wicked Darlings get priority. I’m just getting too many requests from individuals who don’t follow Pagan Culture, and who I can honestly say, I have never had the pleasure of exchanging a cyber-word with. I believe in taking care of those closest to me first, so please don’t be offended if I’ve emailed you saying that I can’t guest post at your blog or website in the next few months or at all.

It should also be understood that paid writing requests have to be fulfilled first. I adore you a whole lot, my Wicked Luvs, but it is common knowledge that love is priceless. No, really; love is so invaluable that it refuses to be soiled by something as damning as being worth actual money. And no, Witches can’t just conjure cash or clothes or shelter or… well, you get the point.

I’m also working on a way to reduce the amount of time I spend corresponding with individuals who request guest posts. Why? Because I get a lot of this:

Requester – “I’ll like you to guest post at my blog.”

Me – “What are you looking for?”

Requester – “Something exciting about Witches.”

Me *Sighing as I type* – “Can you be a bit more specific? When do you need it? Why are you asking me?”  

When you do most of your work online, my dears, exchanging 5 or 6 emails just to figure out what a person want, can be a real time waster. For this reason, I’ve decided to come up with a set of short specific guidelines for guest post and review requests. I will have them ready by the end of my Pre-All Hallow’s Eve Blog Cleansing.    

In the meantime, I have a suggestion for those of you who wish to share my words at your cyber homes: Review old Pagan Culture posts and see if you find something that might fulfill your request. Do NOT, under any circumstances, take my writing without my permission and post it on your site as if it was your own *I wouldn’t say this, if it hadn’t happened before* That is stealing, and it would piss me off in ways you can’t even imagine. Instead, email me to let me know you would like to feature one of my posts on your site. I will be more than happy to refresh it for you, update it if there is need, add my bio, and provide you with ways to link it back to Pagan Culture. Yes, dear ones, you’ll only have to copy and paste.

Write on my luvs! 

Share |

10 comments:

  1. You go girl!! I'm sorry I haven't been commenting in awhile.. blogger seems to let me post on some and not on others.. I figured out that if I use Chrome, I can post on all of them. Hugs to you- love that you posted some boundaries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem dear, it is good to have you back, for you've been missed. Hugs right back at you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be getting so many requests with no details or anything and I've had work stolen before, so definitely understand your frustration there!

    My e-mail? I don't think I've changed it since but I'll e-mail you privately with it...Very strange...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think what frustrates me most, is the when someone writes something like "I've been reading your blog for a long time, and I was wondering if..." then they go ahead and ask if I can write something for them, which I wrote just a few days ago. Weird...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good For You Magaly!!!! You have to put your foot down! I'm still getting mixed up between your two blogs! And, I'm not blond! LOL! But, I think I am finding my way around! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl! Lay it all out there like it's going to be. I have one word for you...OVARIES!!!

    I cannot believe someone had the audacity to steal from you! Theft, particularly creative theft, is right up there on the top of my list of pet peeves. Unforgivable. Especially when you would share so willingly because you, my sweetest of all wicked witches, play well with others. ;-)

    Okay, so I had no idea you had another blog. What world do I live in? Thank you so much for mentioning it. I have the broom running and am about to fly over there right now. Hugs to you, my wonderful friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mina - I always grin when you say "OVARIES". And it is unforgivable indeed, how could they? And what bother me the most was that after I confronted this individual, I got the "Oh, I didn't know response." Really? What, was him sleepwalking when the stealing took place? The nerve... And about my two blogs, the other one had been inactive for quite a while, then I found myself not posting many things because I didn't want to damage Pagan Culture's flow, so I decided to make it an extension for items that just can't wait. I just dislike overwhelming my Wicked Darlings with content, but I figured that if the information is posted at a separate location, then everybody can choose... it makes sense in my head lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be getting so many requests with no details or anything and I've had work stolen before, so definitely understand your frustration there!

    My e-mail? I don't think I've changed it since but I'll e-mail you privately with it...Very strange...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mina - I always grin when you say "OVARIES". And it is unforgivable indeed, how could they? And what bother me the most was that after I confronted this individual, I got the "Oh, I didn't know response." Really? What, was him sleepwalking when the stealing took place? The nerve... And about my two blogs, the other one had been inactive for quite a while, then I found myself not posting many things because I didn't want to damage Pagan Culture's flow, so I decided to make it an extension for items that just can't wait. I just dislike overwhelming my Wicked Darlings with content, but I figured that if the information is posted at a separate location, then everybody can choose... it makes sense in my head lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You go girl! Lay it all out there like it's going to be. I have one word for you...OVARIES!!!

    I cannot believe someone had the audacity to steal from you! Theft, particularly creative theft, is right up there on the top of my list of pet peeves. Unforgivable. Especially when you would share so willingly because you, my sweetest of all wicked witches, play well with others. ;-)

    Okay, so I had no idea you had another blog. What world do I live in? Thank you so much for mentioning it. I have the broom running and am about to fly over there right now. Hugs to you, my wonderful friend.

    ReplyDelete