Nyx, Kali and Nut

Nyx loved earthy explorations, nearly as much as Kali hated having to stop at dusk, so that Nut could feed.

“Why doesn’t she just gabble it up?” Kali crossed her four arms and glared at the Sky Goddess, who had been looking up for way too long.

Nyx sighed and pointed at the sun. “She must eat it gently, or my night won’t come.”

Nut’s mouth began to stretch under the horizon.

“Gross!” Kali jumped back, rattling the human skulls she wore around her neck.

“She is kidding. Look!” Nyx smiled.

Kali grinned with her tongue sticking out.

Nut shrunk her sun to fit her hand, and swallowed it until tomorrow; as always.

***
Inspired by:
 Nut” by the artsy witchy Daniele Suplicki

 Gothic Style Wall Hanging by Carter de Alejos 
(I thought of Nyx as soon as I saw this Goth girl)

 The loveliest impression of Kali from The Tea Witch’s blog 

Share |

19 comments:

  1. This made me smile! Love it muchly! ^-^

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like this tiny tale my ladies ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic :) Love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely your weaving of this tale is. Gave me a big old smile. Happy Saturday darling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda - I live to see you smile ;-)

    Ellen - Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this. Sounds like one of those cute short tales you would tell a child at night to explain how things work while at the same time entertaining them with a cute story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great compliment Toriz. Thanks! I've always liked to imagine The Gods doing human things, that is the only way they make sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds sensible to me. And... You're welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is a sunset!!!! Ha!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm, good story. :) Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of the artistic images are beautiful and your story to go with them...enchanting. It sounds like a little fairy tale. But then you are a magical enchantment yourself with a muse who obviously loves to serve you. Have a wonderful week, my love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it, I'm smiling ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lilac - Smile away.

    Mina - Now, you made me smile.

    MagicLoveCrow - Wow, there are a lot of smiling people on this comment session ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lilac - Smile away.

    Mina - Now, you made me smile.

    MagicLoveCrow - Wow, there are a lot of smiling people on this comment session ;-)

    ReplyDelete