I had planned to tell you about Little Latin Bar from Paradise Music a couple of weeks from now… then I read the Diary of a Familiar-in-Training and felt the need to share this sweet collection of Latin tunes right now. Grimalkin, the familiar in question and cutest feline ever, is having issues learning how to meditate. He finds it boring. He can’t immerse his thoughts into that place where the mind’s only companion is itself. I understand the kitty. I, too, suffered from the malice.
Meditation is no easy discipline. I will never forget the days when it didn’t work for me. I got advice from everyone: some said “Do it in complete silence.” I tried it and my muse filled the silence with stories. Others said “Music will do the trick.” I tried classical music, and my muse added lyrics. If lyrics were present, my muse would try to sing along. Then I experimented with music in English—I couldn’t speak the language then—and you know what? That did the trick. I could get lost in lovely tunes—I love all music—but I couldn’t follow the storyline or build upon it because I had no clue what the singers were saying; my soul rejoiced in music, my brain was entertained by sweet sounding words, and I meditated for the first time.
I no longer have that issue; I can meditate in the middle of a storm. Actually, Little Latin Bar is wonderful for it. I know all the songs, so they take me to known places, and Lila Mayi’s voice has added a few new destinations. This is an enchanting CD, and if you dance to raise energy, then this can be a gem; my body wanted to shape itself to every sound and move. Don’t you love it when music touches your body and soul? I do.
Paradise Music wants to spread the tuneful goodness, so a lucky Wicked Darling will get a Little Latin Bar.
This is all you need to do to enter this giveaway:
- Visit Paradise music, sample a few songs, then come back here and tell me how they made you feel. Did they remind you of something or someone? What about emotions?
For extra entries (worth 1 entry each):
- Blog about this post (leave a link)
- Tweet about this post (leave a link)
- Join Paradise Music on Facebook
- Check out the Paradise Music Podcast *It’s delightful!*
- Be a Wicked Darling (follow Pagan Culture)
- Follow Dis Chaos
- Follow Pagan Culture on Twitter
- Friend me on Facebook
- Snatch the Pagan Culture Button
- Steal the Pagan Fiction in 113 Words or Less Button
- Claim a Witchy Enough Campaign Button
* Please leave separate comments.
This giveaway ends July 31st. The winner will be announced August 2nd.Share |