The 4th of July approaches… what complicated holiday this is… I’m supposed to celebrate my freedom to do the things I choose, but I think of those who don’t get the same rights and my party is interrupted… I remember the men and women who were—and still are—wounded by the freedom fight; I dream of their pain and hear their families’ cries… I want to celebrate, but I always have the hardest of times figuring out how and exactly why.
Kiki Howell’s latest deed planted an idea in my head… “From release day—May 27th, until midnight July 4th—all royalties earned from the sales of A Strange Freedom: Blood & Fireworks, a short patriotic paranormal erotic romance, will be donated to Disabled American Veterans in honor of [Kiki’s] father who is a Disabled Vietnam Veteran, and [in honor of] all who have sacrificed serving;” protecting their fellow men’s right to choose.
This, my Wicked Darlings, means a lot to me… I like people who remember the men and women who have given what they can never get back in the name of freedom. And anyone who does a bit more than just remember claims a special place in my witchy Marine heart. Welcome to my very short list Kiki!
If you have followed Pagan Culture for a while or have read my bio, you already know that I will do my bit too. A Strange Freedom: Blood & Fireworks is only 99¢, my luvs, so you can do your little HUGE part too. I’m purchasing 13 copies (for Kindle) and giving them away to the first 13 Wicked Darlings who comment on this post.
Now for the 4th of July grand prize for Peace and Healing: The winner will receive “The Good Old Days” and “Peace Treats”, two lovely ACEOs by Carter de Alejos; our world and country can really use some peace… it can also use some healing, so I’m throwing in a copy of “The Healing Spell” by Kiki Howell.
|"The Good Old Days" by Carter de Alejos|
|"Peace Treats" by Carter de Alejos|
|"The Healing Spell" by Kiki Howell|
This is all you need to do to enter this giveaway:
- Visit Kiki Howell’s website, read the excerpt of A Strange Freedom: Blood & Fireworks, and tell me what you think.
For extra entries (worth 1 entry each):
1. Blog about this post (leave a link)
2. Tweet about this post (leave a link)
3. Comment on “Blood-Shod Witch Can’t Tell The Old Lie”
4. Comment on “Just Shoot” or let me know if you already have
5. Comment on “Stupid Wish” or let me know if you already have
6. Be a Wicked Darling (follow Pagan Culture)
7. Follow Pagan Culture on Twitter
8. Snatch the new Pagan Culture button
9. Steal the new Pagan Fiction in 113 Words or Less button
10. Tell a friend about A Strange Freedom: Blood & Fireworks by Kiki Howell. Tell them who will benefit if s/he purchases a copy (or 13!) before midnight, July 4th. Share your message(s) on this post. (One entry for each friend you tell. No, I don’t need your friend’s info; I trust the quality of your soul, my luvs).
11. Follow My Journey in Bits and Pieces
12. Add Carter de Alejos to your favorites on Etsy
13. Follow Kiki Howell on Twitter
* Please leave separate comments, and you MUST leave an email address with at least one of those comments.
This giveaway ends July 3rd at 5:13pm. The winners will be announced on the 4th of July.