Rory from Glory

Rory was not my first choice when I decided to write about a character from Devin O’Branagan’s Glory, but this 12-year-old witch is too enchanting to ignore. She reminds me of someone I know…

Rory is a seer in a world were those in power believe that inventing a lethal virus, and exposing humanity to it, is a benevolent idea. This poor kid sees death and gore before it happens, and she has to live with the memories. Can you imagine? I think it is better if you don’t. I felt sorry for Rory at first, then I read how she handled herself and how she pulled her weight around her coven, and I was proud of the little witch. She is not the main character of this story, but Devin has a way to make every one of her characters shine through their own light.
"[T]he seer of Starlight Coven. She is twelve years old, and because of her extraordinary psychic abilities, has never been allowed to be a child. Mature beyond her years, her wisdom often exceeds that of all those around her. As she likes to make "condescendingly clear," she's totally great at what she does!
The final key to the successful completion of Glory's quest lies in the brilliance of Rory's talent..."
Meet the rest of the witches!

Blurb: Seventeen year old Glory Templeton’s blood holds the cure for a deadly pandemic-plague and she embarks on a quest to save humanity. When evil forces conspire to stop her, three supernatural beings are assigned to be her guardians. Forbidden love, ancient secret societies, mysterious astronomical monuments, vampires, witches, angels and demons all contribute to the high adventure that tests the character of this remarkable young woman. The legend of Glory begins! ‘Twilight meets The DaVinci Code...’

Share |

10 comments:

  1. I love books that have intellectual puzzles in them! They are so much fun I end up staying up all night reading them, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Traveler - I read the book in one sitting!

    Shelle - It is. And the plot is super complex. I think you'll like Glory (the character) she is quite the adventuress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such strength in such a young woman - merely a child. This one sounds like it will be quite a ride! Clicka! On my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for choosing Rory as your featured character from my novel! You are the first reviewer to do so and I, too, think she is wonderful.

    As sometimes happens when I create characters, Rory surprised me. I didn't plan for her to be as dynamic. Nor did I originally envision her so young, but the concept intrigued me and I wanted to explore it.

    I tried to create Glory's characters in unexpected ways. Zane the vampire is a cowboy. Dominic the angel dislikes humanity so much that he doesn't want to do his job The heroine, Glory, isn't classically beautiful and is overweight. Heroes come in all forms. The beauty of creation is that everything and everyone is unique. As a writer I enjoy exploring that uniqueness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mina - You'll love this one too. I'm crazy about all of Devin's books. There is something about her style that is contagious!

    Devin - I LOVE all your characters. And you already know that Dominic is one of my faves. I had already chosen to write about Dominic, but when I reread the last scene where Rory participates, I had to honor the little girl. I've never been able to ignore people who are stronger than their circumstances prescribe. You are gifted, my lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitely going to pick this one up!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for choosing Rory as your featured character from my novel! You are the first reviewer to do so and I, too, think she is wonderful.

    As sometimes happens when I create characters, Rory surprised me. I didn't plan for her to be as dynamic. Nor did I originally envision her so young, but the concept intrigued me and I wanted to explore it.

    I tried to create Glory's characters in unexpected ways. Zane the vampire is a cowboy. Dominic the angel dislikes humanity so much that he doesn't want to do his job The heroine, Glory, isn't classically beautiful and is overweight. Heroes come in all forms. The beauty of creation is that everything and everyone is unique. As a writer I enjoy exploring that uniqueness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am definitely going to pick this one up!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love books that have intellectual puzzles in them! They are so much fun I end up staying up all night reading them, lol.

    ReplyDelete