Rhea from Dark Magick

Rhea is powerful, protective and motherly; a great combination for a woman in an apocalyptic setting. The government wants her power or her life. She will give them hell. I’ve been waiting for Dark Magick for a while. I read all the short stories Stacey Thompson-Geer and Stevie Trinity have written in The Gatekeepers Series; I was hook before the novel was finished. I used to believe that Acacia was going to be my favorite character, but I changed my mind after reading about Rhea.

This is a woman who will kill to live the life she has chosen for herself. She doesn’t care about what people might think of her. She doesn’t care about wealth. She cares about the safety of her family and friends and about her witchy integrity. Rhea kicks butt and I can’t wait to see where her story will take her!

Excerpt: The sun was a bright contrast to the dark that had been seen for the last few days. I laid there on the ground, absent to the chaos going on around me. My ears heard only a low hum from the grenade that had gone off several feet from me. I slowly registered the war that was going on around me and rolled onto my stomach. Everything was still in slow motion. People moved like they were walking through sand. The bodies littered the ground and parts of those bodies were everywhere. The pain in my side brought me back to what my reality was. War. It wasn’t always like this. Click HERE to read more.

Share |

5 comments:

  1. I've read your comments on this awesome author duo before & your Rhea fasination means she must really roc!!! Anew fav huh??

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lot going on on these stories. And the fact that it is written by two different authors makes the characters and the plot fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have to read the "The Gatekeeper Series." I know, I know, I am so freaking slow when it comes to reading as my time always seems to go elsewhere. In all best odds, I will live to be at least 125. Hopefully by that time I will have read 1/2 of what you manage to devour, my sweet Magaly! But please, never stop reviewing. You are so good at it and take all the guess work out for me when trying to decide whether I want to read a certain book or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mina - You'll get to it eventually and you'll enjoy it the more because you waited for the right moment. Thanks for those kind words about my reviewing style. You are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a lot going on on these stories. And the fact that it is written by two different authors makes the characters and the plot fascinating.

    ReplyDelete