My Piano Man Makes Fatherhood Sexy

I’ll rather not date anyone with children.

That sentence was part of my last online dating profile. It was a difficult sentence to write because I didn’t want anyone to think that I disliked children. Also, I didn’t want to write a whole paragraph about the specific reasons why I didn’t want to date dads. They were extreme to the point of sounding fabricated.

Here is what I didn’t write then: I was in a long time relationship with a guy who had to sleep at his ex’s house in order for her to let him spend more than a few hours with his son. I didn’t find out about this arrangement until we had decided to move in together. I ended the relationship soon after he said that he would not take legal action or find a healthier way to spend time with his child. I didn’t want to deal with that.

He wasn’t as terrible as the guy I almost married. He waited almost a year before he told me he had one child. I know what you are thinking “And you stayed with him after that?” Yes, my luvs. He told me that talking about his daughter was painful because she lived in a different country, and he hardly got to see her. Besides, I had made it very clear that I didn’t want to date fathers. He thought that if I just got to know him first, then you know… The news had an effect on trust, but I didn’t end the relationship. About a year later he told me he found out that he had another child. He hadn’t known about this baby, for it happened when he was very young and the girl never told him. Yes, my Wicked Darlings, you are right; he was lying again. I was young and dumb, so I believed him. Three years into the relationship, he told me he couldn’t spend the Winter Solstice with my friends and I because of a family emergency. He had to travel to his hometown. I, of course, said that I would cancel everything and go with him. “But you’ve put so much effort into this celebration. I would hate for you to miss it.” He looked so worried that night… “You are right,” I said. “I’ll meet you right after the Solstice, if you haven’t come home yet.”

I didn’t hear from him for three days. He didn’t answer his phone. My gut told me something had changed after his return. I talked to my best friend about it. I ended the engagement a few months after that. A year or so later, I found out he had traveled home to be present at the birth of another child of his. I was extremely happy I didn’t marry the lair, but I was just as sad to have been had. Again.

You might be wondering, “How did you end up with a guy with a daughter?!” Easy, my luvs, my Piano Man is different. This is one of the first pictures I saw in the online profile that brought us together:
In his profile description he said, “I consider intellectual curiosity to be a high virtue... something I very much want to maintain in my daughter! Yes, I have a perfect… girl who lives with me half the time. She is my dream come true! Adorable, smart, and unstoppable!” He had me at “intellectual curiosity,” but I was a gonner after I got these pictures during our very short courtship:
 
 
Then I got to see him being a dad and I realized all fathers aren’t the same; my Piano Man makes fatherhood sexy and adorable. He knows the name of every Disney Fairy. He is closely acquainted with Strawberry Shortcake’s friends, pets, the names of her friend’s pets, the color of the glittery shoes every fairy and berry person wears, and enjoys watching The Glimmerberry Ball Movie over and over and over… okay, so to say he actually enjoys the content of the movie might be a stretch (Don’t you dare tell the little one!), but he is the happiest of daddies when he watches and re-watches it with The Princess.

How could he not? Look at this completely breathtaking (half-teeth-missing) smile:
Here is the enchanting double effect:
You might think that it can’t get better than this, but you are wrong. Things as awesome as smiles are more magical in threes, aren’t they?


Share |

35 comments:

  1. So the first picture has a quite handsome older butch looking gent on the far right who made my knee jerk hubba hubba reaction kick in and the last one melted my very, very cold, teeny tiny heart.
    You three look incredibly happy and it shows.
    Hopefully it is the first of so many more you'll need shoe boxes (plural) to keep them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay and one more thing; it shows the super power you have where you smile with your whole face which always makes me laugh when I think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet! I can understand your initial not wanting to date a dad. If I didn't have a kid I would be hesitant into walking into that relationship. It looks like you guys are a perfect example of why we shouldn't close doors and give everyone an opportunity to show they are not a stereotype. What a lucky girl you are to have landed such an awesome dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so sweet! You're a lucky, lucky girl to have a man like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cogent - You are a darling. And yes, our dear friend is extremely hot and if you see him with his also extremely hot man, you might melt. They are beautiful together, not just externally; there is something magical about the energy that flows from man to man when I see them together. And they always make me smile with my entire face!

    Dark Mother - He is perfect for me; every time I look into his eyes I wonder what I've done to deserve such amazing man.

    Freckles - Yes I am!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yes you definitely have a good one there. how could you pass up that sweet face and charming smile. oh and he's nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, beautiful pictures of sweet people! A lovely story for Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes you have to sort through a few bad apples before you find the perfect one, and it certainly seems like you found the perfect one! The little girl is adorable! All three of you look so happy together.

    I really enjoyed reading this post!

    By the way, stop by my blog if you get some time, I'm having a GIVE AWAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great photos. Since I had a son at such a young age I found it was nearly impossible to get a date with anyone other than fathers. Most men said, "You have a kid? Buh-bye." The first man who didn't turn and run had a child already, too. Go figure. Men can be such creeps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magaly, I have the biggest smile on my face! They always say, everything happens for a reason. Your piano man and his sweet princess are beautiful! I love the pictures he sent to you in your courtship! And, I REALLY LOVE the picture of the 3 of you! It makes my heart melt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One more thing, I was so touched to see the baby crow on the Princess's wall ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Never say never," as they say. And don't feel foolish about believing all those lies from your previous boyfriends. Everyone's been in those shoes, honey. I've believed some whoppers in my day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, you used up my adorable quotient for today and now no lolcats for me.
    Yeah, lying jerks. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt and burned it....you know what they say- love is deaf, dumb, blind, and stupid sometimes.
    But they did lead you to your Piano man so they were good for something!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a heartwarmingly fantastic post! When you see a good man as an even better father....you know that everything he touches will be respected, appreciated and cared for! I'm so happy you have found such a man for yourself....and an adorable girl to go along with him!

    May your heart always be filled with happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So adorable. I think what you wanted to avoid were baby-makers, not fathers. That ex of yours wasn't a father, your piano man is.

    Wishing you all many more smiling photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved, loved seeing your pics. Happiest of Father's Days to all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a love story for the ages. The Witch, the Piano Man and the Princess. I honestly nearly teared up at the end and yes, my sweetly wicked Magaly, smiles ARE more magical in threes. Hugs to you and your beautiful new family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, I don't suppose that he has a brother?

    ;)

    You and The Princess sound pretty lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great post, I love your honesty! Glad things have fallen into (unexpected!) place for you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful post! the picture of the three of you together brings a smile to my face. You are right, not all fathers are like the jerk who lied to you, glad you avoided making a mistake with that toad.
    You look so happy with your piano man and his little princess, many many blessings to you!
    xoxo
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ellen - I know!

    Robin - Thanks ;-)

    Kim - He is a kind of sweet I didn't know excited. We are kind of cute, aren't we? lol And I'll certainly take a look-see.

    Dreaming of Jeanie - I think many people shy away from the extra complications. I didn't mind the child, but the dads! Yep, a bit terrible.

    Magic Love Crow - I believe in Fate, especially the fate we plan for ourselves. I think I had to go through all those bad experiences before finding total goodness. I'm sooo happy. The Princess loves her Little Miss Cutie. As you can see, it is set on top of her pink collection ;-)

    Debra - Good old wise words, my friend.

    The Traveler - You made me laugh so loud! I burned a couple of t-shirts too ;-)

    Lilac - Thanks for the good wishes, friend of mine! And you are right, ability to produce sperm has nothing to do with parenthood.

    Mina - Thanks dear; I feel so lucky and thank The Old Ones daily for it.

    Sarita - The brother is taken, but he might have a nephew... ;-)

    Jo - Glad you liked the post!

    Pinkglitterfae - I don't think I've thanked The Old Ones more for any other (weird) thing in my life. I broke up with him because of a gut feeling and I'm extremely glad to have listened to the little voice in my head. We are happy and we send you a bunch of blessings too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I so agree - nothing is more attractive to me then a man who can lose themselves completely in their children. My Mister is "Mr Mom" most days while I work, and he loves it. He got so mad at this woman who said to him, "It's so nice you watch the kids while your wife works!" He was all, "They're MY KIDS, too!" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. what lovely pics dearest witch :) you all look sooo happy , she looks sweet and daddy hmmm hmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You all look so happy! I love it! I also didn't want to date fathers, but for a whole different reason. I had far too much responsibility already with Zen to be able to make blending step children into the mix and having it work. I knew it wouldn't. I was right, and I married someone with no kids. I'm glad this has been the opposite with you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lydia - Some people are just ignorant. I'm glad your man told her how things are; what a sexy daddy-dude!

    Melissa - I am very happy. It is impossible not to be deliriously blissful around this man!

    LJ - I never thought it would work for me. I have never been so happy about being wrong lol

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the post Magaly, it emanated joy & fulfilment :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. WoooHooo! The emanations are correct lol

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dont comment much but thought I would say hello. You are very lucky with your piano man! I agree fatherhood is real sexy for the real men out there:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Indeed, there is something wickedly attractive about a man with principles.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You three are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks Anlynne! I like to think so ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Indeed, there is something wickedly attractive about a man with principles.

    ReplyDelete
  33. So adorable. I think what you wanted to avoid were baby-makers, not fathers. That ex of yours wasn't a father, your piano man is.

    Wishing you all many more smiling photos.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yes, definitely stalking your blog today - oh my god, such adorable pictures and family! I knew there was a reason we clicked - my mom and I have always been drawn to people with thicker-than-blood relationships because my grandmother was adopted (as was my mom's best friend and various other friends and basically my best friend...) There's nothing more heart-warming than love that exists because someone wants it to not because they think it's supposed to. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How true. They are wonderful and knowing that they love me just because is the best feeling in the world. My Piano Man is incredible when it comes to loving just because. He never expects anything back, maybe that is the reason why I always give him everything ;-)

      You family sounds like a charm, too ;-)

      Delete