The Unfinished Song: Initiate

Dindi wants to be a Tavaedi—she wants to weave magic spells through dance. She dreams about dancing the colors of the rainbow, and with her moves make her community a better place. She wants it so bad that she practices with the fae. Faeries can teach her wonderful things, but if she is discovered she can be sent into exile, be kept from dancing magic forever, forced to beg; be killed. But she dances on…

Tara Maya has created a very intricate realm for Dindi. Initiate is set in a primitive world that has evolved enough to have the need for war. The last conflict was won by Dindi’s people, but every turn of the page feeds a feeling that says something terrible is about to happen, and Dindi might be caught in the middle of it.

Dindi’s story is an eclectic combination of agricultural practices, cultures and magical traditions that felt so real that I was wondering if I hadn’t heard of a group that practiced exactly what Dindi believed in. Her rituals are elaborate and make perfect magical sense; Tara Maya took my mind to a different world and I really liked it there.

And guess what? Tara Maya wants you to get to know Dindi and her world, so she is giving away an ebook copy of Initiate, the first book of The Unfinished Song Series, to a lucky Wicked Darling!   

This is all you need to do to enter this giveaway:
- Visit Tara Maya’s blog and come back to tell me which of her books you like best and why.

For extra entries (worth 1 entry each):
- Blog about this post (leave a link)
- Tweet about this post (leave a link)
- Follow Tara Maya’s blog
- Follow Tara Maya on Twitter
- Be a Wicked Darling (follow Pagan Culture)
- Stop by the sidebar and snatch the new buttons (one entry each)
* Please leave separate comments

This giveaway ends June 18th. The winner will be chosen June 19th.
Blurb: The initiation ceremony is the gateway to ultimate power...or death. A DETERMINED GIRL Dindi can’t do anything right, maybe because she spends more time dancing with pixies than doing her chores. Her clan hopes to marry her off and settle her down, but she dreams of becoming a Tavaedi, one of the powerful warrior-dancers whose secret magics are revealed only to those who pass a mysterious Test during the Initiation ceremony. The problem? No-one in Dindi’s clan has ever passed the Test. Her grandmother died trying. But Dindi has a plan... AN EXILED WARRIOR Kavio is the most powerful warrior-dancer in Faearth, but when he is exiled from the tribehold for a crime he didn’t commit, he decides to shed his old life. If roving cannibals and hexers don’t kill him first, this is his chance to escape the shadow of his father’s wars and his mother’s curse. But when he rescues a young Initiate girl, he finds himself drawn into as deadly a plot as any he left behind. He must decide whether to walk away or fight for her... assuming she would even accept the help of an exile.

Snatch Initiate from Amazon and enjoy it!

Share |

16 comments:

  1. I am sure your place will look like a jungle sooner or later. I believe it is inevitable! I know that you are going to have some awesome, wild, impressive plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh..The painted World series looks really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taboo looks good...those are dinos on the cover. I'm going to ask her for an e-book to review, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I follow Ms. Magaly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I also follow Tara Maya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following Tara's blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I reckon Conmergence - An Anthology of Speculative Fiction looks brilliant, a collection of short stories to make one think, ponder & entertain with enriching tales!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Unfinished Song sounds the most interesting to me with its ancient, indiginous/magical aspects. Is sounds right up my alley!!!I love Tara's name too!!!Oh and I'm a wicked darling!!!Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think both book one and two of The Unfinished Song sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Following Tara on Twitter
    @KikiHowell

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am following Tara Maya’s blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a Wicked Darling in this life and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This book most intrigues me at this time for many reasons. I yearn for a simpler world, I adore the fey and all women should dare to do as they dream.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was such an amazing book and cool giveaway. I hope Wizardess enjoys the worldbuilding as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think both book one and two of The Unfinished Song sound great.

    ReplyDelete