Cassie from Dead People

Cassie is sassy, sarcastic and she talks to dead people—I LOVE her! This is the woman you need to call if your house is haunted by a spirit that refuses to walk into the light... or into the darkness. She won’t show up with a bunch of gadgets that will send the ghosts straight to, well, to wherever ghosts go, no; she’ll talk the ghost into leaving. Cassie is the Freud of ghosts, if you ignore all of Freud’s sex and genitals (which consequently are sexual too) are the roots of all impulses.

But things weren’t always peachy for this psychoanalyst of ghosts. She lived a hard life before embracing her talking-to-the-dead gift, and making it a business. In Dead People she is hired to convince a particular ghost to leave the house of a musician and his daughter, but things get complicated…  

Blurb: When Cassie Taylor talks, ghosts listen. She wants to heal their souls so they can leave earth. Brooding songwriter Luke Rivers wants to give his recently found daughter a normal home, but he discovers his new house in small town Wisconsin is haunted by a ghost with an attitude. Cassie has an attitude too — even before someone tries to kill her.

Share |

8 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting. I love the ghost talker genre (is it a genre? Well I like books like that, lol). All your posts today are making me want to blow the grocery money on books like I used to do in college, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ghost stories ahhh yes, pre Anne Rice I would stay awake but with eyes firmly closed listening... this looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Traveler - This was my first Edie Ramer and I wanted to blow all the grocery money on books too! Cassie is sooo hilarious and her best friend is a trip; the ghost is a riot. The book is awesome!

    Shelle - This made me laugh aloud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to add this one as well, though I am a die hard Jungian. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mina - I KNEW I loved you so much for a reason! I, too, am a Jungian. I fell in love with psychology and psychoanalysis after reading his theory. I just knew there was more to our psyche than what Freud wanted to point out (I mean, good old Sigmund goes a bit--okay at lot--overboard). Also, Jung was guilty for lighting the first flame that got me interested in the philosophy of religion. Yep, my love Mina, the more I know you the more I like you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mina - I KNEW I loved you so much for a reason! I, too, am a Jungian. I fell in love with psychology and psychoanalysis after reading his theory. I just knew there was more to our psyche than what Freud wanted to point out (I mean, good old Sigmund goes a bit--okay at lot--overboard). Also, Jung was guilty for lighting the first flame that got me interested in the philosophy of religion. Yep, my love Mina, the more I know you the more I like you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to add this one as well, though I am a die hard Jungian. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Traveler - This was my first Edie Ramer and I wanted to blow all the grocery money on books too! Cassie is sooo hilarious and her best friend is a trip; the ghost is a riot. The book is awesome!

    Shelle - This made me laugh aloud!

    ReplyDelete