Terry Pratchett Thursday… Toleration

“Start extemporizin’ on the subject of Sin and it’ll go hard with you”

“What is, um, your role, madam?”

“I’m the godmother!”

“Which, um, god?” The young man was trembling slightly.

“It’s from Old Lancre,” said Agnes hurriedly. “It’s means something like ‘goodmother’. It’s all right… as witches we believe in religious toleration…”

That’s right,” said Nanny Ogg. “But only for the right religions, so you watch your step!” Exchange between Agnes Nitt, a Priest of Om, and Nanny Ogg in Carpe Jugulum

This scene made me laugh so hard that I had to share it. I just pictured the look on Nanny’s outraged face and roared again. I love Terry Pratchett’s Witches! 

Share |

10 comments:

  1. :) When Nanny & Granny get pissed at each other, one will address the other as "My Good Woman" in icy tones. They are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Love the witches!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Magaly ;o) I laughed hard as well!!! Great witches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wizardess - I love the exchanges between Nanny and Granny when they are pissed at each other. And when Granny is mad at stranger even better, her humor gets darker and her niceties completely wicked; just funny.

    The Frog Queens - Clink, clink!

    Magic Love Crow - Good you laughed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when she says they are tolerant only with the right religions!! Isn't that the truth!!?? Ha!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. SueAnn - These are some very insightful witches lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL...too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wizardess - I love the exchanges between Nanny and Granny when they are pissed at each other. And when Granny is mad at stranger even better, her humor gets darker and her niceties completely wicked; just funny.

    The Frog Queens - Clink, clink!

    Magic Love Crow - Good you laughed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SueAnn - These are some very insightful witches lol

    ReplyDelete